Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Random Sales

sales games download steam

• Please log in to reply
352 replies to this topic

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3037 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I think I remember melkathi playing it on Steam. Looks interesting. 

melkathi was a kickstarter backer for the game.

It is a fun little game. I have 38 hours on it according to steam, but I did spend some time running back and forth looking for a sidequest that wasn't actually in the area I was looking :p

Did not regret backing it. Wrote a Steam review.

• Katphood and SonicMage117 like this

Katphood

Katphood

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Why, I forgot the old logic: if a game makes melkathi stop playing Mordheim than it is definitely good.  :grin:

• melkathi and the_dog_days like this

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3037 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

On that note, the other day the Sisters of Battle were scavenging some ruins... :p

• Katphood likes this

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7330 posts

On that note, the other day the Sisters of Battle were scavenging some ruins... :p

Did they hire help? From the RUINous Powers? Hah! Gedid?
Eh, guys? Eh? Where did everyone go?

• melkathi likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Did they hire help? From the RUINous Powers? Hah! Gedid?
Eh, guys? Eh? Where did everyone go?
2b or not 2b? That is the question.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Steam:Ask!
Humble Indie Bundle 18 is now live. Includes Owlboy at $13.
  • sorophx and Keyrock like this

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6778 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock

Humble Indie Bundle 18 is now live. Includes Owlboy at $13.

Really great bundle, and one that includes a bunch of games I don't already own (Steamworld Heist is the only one I do own).  I'll almost certainly get at least the beat the average tier for Kentucky Route Zero, even if I won't play it until all 5 episodes are finished (so likely not until 2019  :p ).  I am tempted to grab the $13 tier for Owlboy as well.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1516 posts

I don't really like talking about Owlboy, because I hate to only faintly praise a game, but it's what's appropriate for it. Awesome pixel-art graphics, but overall just a decent/solid game, not much more. Nothing of the story, dialogue, or gameplay is bad, but none of it is really that good, either - just decent.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 16 May 2017 - 06:41 PM.

• SonicMage117 likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't really like talking about Owlboy, because I hate to only faintly praise a game, but it's what's appropriate for it. Awesome pixel-art graphics, but overall just a decent/solid game. not much more. Nothing of the story, dialogue, or gameplay is bad, but none of it is really that good, either - just decent.

Same with Hollow Knight... people are calling it a masterpiece but I think it has some flaws which fans are quick to deny.

It's a phenomenal Metroidvania with awesome hand drawn graphic and addicting combat but the lore is iffy, generic at best. The voice acting (what very little) is cure but meh. The platforming can be fun or frustrating and lastly the backtracking is crazy - even with the fast travel beetle function... the open world is such a huge place that it can be daunting. Even for someone familiar with it.

As far as Owlboy, I haven't played it yet but I want to. I loke the color palette but the main character isn't appealing to me for some reason (maybe why I haven't bought it yet) if the main character doesn't grab my attention, I tend to wait on the game longer. Hopefully that doesn't sound shallow on my behalf.

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1516 posts

I refuse to play games based on silly things sometimes, so I don't know. For example, though I think the gameplay looks like fun, I'm just gonna have to straight up refuse to play a game called "Immortal Redneck". The game has a nice setting (Egyptian pyramids, from what I saw), decent-looking gameplay...but you play as an immortal...redneck? I mean, come on, guys - I just can't do that. Meanwhile, a few of my friends got into Overwatch a while back and I refused just on the basis of the character design of literally almost every single character being just absolutely totally atrocious. I just don't have the motivation to get into a game where the presentation seems so bad - got other stuff to do.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Same, usually for very small reasons for me also.

I'm not a graphics whore but if something doesn't look visually appealing to me, I won't bother... I love pixel art, hand drawn and cel-shading. I'm actually pretty lenient on graphics.

Another thing is the characters, if I don't like the designs or the personalities then I might never have any interest in the game.

Bad soundtracks can be another thing. I love a good soundtrack - and this is a newer thing that has become a make or break for me. I never really cared about how good the soundtrack of a game is until I played games like Brigador and Ys.

I'm old so I've become more picky I guess lol

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I've become less picky about games as I've gotten older. There are games in my library now I wouldn't have looked at ten years ago.

I do try to avoid outright bad games, but I suspect some people here may have different criteria from me in judging some games as good or bad. :)

• SonicMage117 likes this

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2911 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Xbox live is having a backwards compatibility sale, a ton of their backwards compatible games for dirt cheap, can play on both xbone and 360 for those of us who game on console as well.

melkathi

melkathi

• Members
  • 3037 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Mount & Blade free on GOG.

• sorophx likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Satellite Reign: Uplink is the spiritual successor to the 90's hit Syndicate and it's on sale now for $4.49 (from $29.99). Enjoy Cyberpunk stealth rts gameplay in an open-world that highly resembles Blade Runner.
  • sorophx and melkathi like this

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Starpoint Gemini 2 is free on Steam today.

• Gfted1, sorophx, Labadal and 2 others like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
It's being described as a 2D side-scrolling Thief game and it is on sale! Check out Killers And Thieves here:

• Oner, sorophx, Jozape and 1 other like this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
DOUBLE POST ALERT!!!

So I got gifted a copy of a pretty sweet game today called "Geneshift", it's basically GTA2 with rpg elements like Diablo type skill-tree and then add some Hotline Miami. It's cyber-punkish/mutant-esque so you can get powers and upgrades, etc.

It's on sale for $7.99 (from $9.99)... it's in early access so it will probably be around $19.99 when it's fully released.

https://youtu.be/TOFMNI4Wh88

Edited by SonicMage117, 26 May 2017 - 12:12 AM.

redneckdevil

redneckdevil

Psycho Hillbilly of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm downloading gwent now on the PS4 for free.

Edited by redneckdevil, 27 May 2017 - 11:44 AM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Brigador is on sale on Steam and GoG for $13.99 from $19.99. It has just re-launched, meaning that it's recieved a huge content update. Yup yup, that's a biggun!

http://store.steampo....com/app/274500

https://www.gog.com/game/brigador

It is the most strategic mech game will ever play. Good luck :D
  • melkathi likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sales, games, download, steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users