Random Sales

melkathi

Humble Indie Bundle 18 is now live. Includes Owlboy at $13.

Really great bundle, and one that includes a bunch of games I don't already own (Steamworld Heist is the only one I do own).  I'll almost certainly get at least the beat the average tier for Kentucky Route Zero, even if I won't play it until all 5 episodes are finished (so likely not until 2019  :p ).  I am tempted to grab the $13 tier for Owlboy as well.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't really like talking about Owlboy, because I hate to only faintly praise a game, but it's what's appropriate for it. Awesome pixel-art graphics, but overall just a decent/solid game, not much more. Nothing of the story, dialogue, or gameplay is bad, but none of it is really that good, either - just decent.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I don't really like talking about Owlboy, because I hate to only faintly praise a game, but it's what's appropriate for it. Awesome pixel-art graphics, but overall just a decent/solid game. not much more. Nothing of the story, dialogue, or gameplay is bad, but none of it is really that good, either - just decent.

Same with Hollow Knight... people are calling it a masterpiece but I think it has some flaws which fans are quick to deny.

It's a phenomenal Metroidvania with awesome hand drawn graphic and addicting combat but the lore is iffy, generic at best. The voice acting (what very little) is cure but meh. The platforming can be fun or frustrating and lastly the backtracking is crazy - even with the fast travel beetle function... the open world is such a huge place that it can be daunting. Even for someone familiar with it.

As far as Owlboy, I haven't played it yet but I want to. I loke the color palette but the main character isn't appealing to me for some reason (maybe why I haven't bought it yet) if the main character doesn't grab my attention, I tend to wait on the game longer. Hopefully that doesn't sound shallow on my behalf.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I refuse to play games based on silly things sometimes, so I don't know. For example, though I think the gameplay looks like fun, I'm just gonna have to straight up refuse to play a game called "Immortal Redneck". The game has a nice setting (Egyptian pyramids, from what I saw), decent-looking gameplay...but you play as an immortal...redneck? I mean, come on, guys - I just can't do that. Meanwhile, a few of my friends got into Overwatch a while back and I refused just on the basis of the character design of literally almost every single character being just absolutely totally atrocious. I just don't have the motivation to get into a game where the presentation seems so bad - got other stuff to do.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Same, usually for very small reasons for me also.

I'm not a graphics whore but if something doesn't look visually appealing to me, I won't bother... I love pixel art, hand drawn and cel-shading. I'm actually pretty lenient on graphics.

Another thing is the characters, if I don't like the designs or the personalities then I might never have any interest in the game.

Bad soundtracks can be another thing. I love a good soundtrack - and this is a newer thing that has become a make or break for me. I never really cared about how good the soundtrack of a game is until I played games like Brigador and Ys.

I'm old so I've become more picky I guess lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I've become less picky about games as I've gotten older. There are games in my library now I wouldn't have looked at ten years ago.

I do try to avoid outright bad games, but I suspect some people here may have different criteria from me in judging some games as good or bad. :)

• Like 1

Xbox live is having a backwards compatibility sale, a ton of their backwards compatible games for dirt cheap, can play on both xbone and 360 for those of us who game on console as well.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Satellite Reign: Uplink is the spiritual successor to the 90's hit Syndicate and it's on sale now for $4.49 (from $29.99). Enjoy Cyberpunk stealth rts gameplay in an open-world that highly resembles Blade Runner.

• Like 2

It's being described as a 2D side-scrolling Thief game and it is on sale! Check out Killers And Thieves here:

• Like 4

DOUBLE POST ALERT!!!

So I got gifted a copy of a pretty sweet game today called "Geneshift", it's basically GTA2 with rpg elements like Diablo type skill-tree and then add some Hotline Miami. It's cyber-punkish/mutant-esque so you can get powers and upgrades, etc.

It's on sale for $7.99 (from $9.99)... it's in early access so it will probably be around $19.99 when it's fully released.

https://youtu.be/TOFMNI4Wh88

Edited by SonicMage117

Brigador is on sale on Steam and GoG for $13.99 from $19.99. It has just re-launched, meaning that it's recieved a huge content update. Yup yup, that's a biggun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500

https://www.gog.com/game/brigador

It is the most strategic mech game will ever play. Good luck :D

• Like 1

Brigador is on sale on Steam and GoG for $13.99 from $19.99. It has just re-launched, meaning that it's recieved a huge content update. Yup yup, that's a biggun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500

https://www.gog.com/game/brigador

It is the most strategic mech game will ever play. Good luck :D

Love the colours and style of the game, but damn it, I want to drive a mech not command it!

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's real time fast paced action, classic 90's style tank controls :) The thing about strategy is that you have to be careful not to undershoot or overshoot enemies, conserve anmo and there's a trade-off with the vehichles you choose because if you choose a Fallout style suit or a a hovercraft or a full sized mech. Fallout style suits take a long time to destroy something but can hide well within the city, hovercrafts can travel quick and swiftly but are weaker, full sized mechs are high armor and destroy everything fadt but can be spotted from a mile away. Ammo and shield management are also crucial, you can refill at a Depot but if enemies are shooting at you, the explosion will kill your vehicle (everything in the game is destructible)

Of course there are other vehichles too... Tanks, Gyros, Minivans with guns, etc. There's even a roll-cage lol

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This War Of Mine on Steam for $4.00. Not bad at all

Just as soon as we all stop F5ing the page to see if everyone else has stopped F5ing the page.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Steam sale is always the best!!!!!<3