Warhammer 40k RPG

cb.spike

The ME type rpg notion has been speculated on before: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/63745-bioware-does-warhammer-40k/

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The 40k setting is so incredibly rich and detailed. Maybe when PoE is released and gets massive praise (and money) that will show Games Workshop that there is money to be made in this genre. I mean, Games Workshop is losing profits on the tabletop front, and they seem to be diversifying the 40k licenses for videogames (space hulk, that android game-ported-to-PC, Eternal Crusade and that one during the Armaggeddon war). Clearly games are looking more and molre appealing to them - or so I hope.

I would kill for a game set during the Horus Heresy (I could really see a space 4X game set during this time period). Or a Republic Commando type of game where you get to play as a Commissair.  Or a stealth game where you play a Callidus or Vindicare assassin. So many options...

Yes, this sounds perfect. Yes yes yes!

Wait a minute...

But yeah, an RPG would be the best, possibly in third person with a lot of dakka to go around (a full blown Mass Effect RPG, I guess).

Eer... no thanks. I'll pass

Yeah, my sell of Dark Heresy for newbies failed at the sentence "you are servants of a nazi super-spy who worships Undead Space Jesus".

That said, I still think a W40K CRPG focusing on the Inquisition is doable.

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

I had a lot of fun while playing this game:

I would not mind if it was more RPG than TPS, but still it was better on the TPS side than ME series (which I consider a TPS series from ME2 onward with an interactive story), and you were rolling a space marine. Nothing can beat that :)

I'd like a nice RPG set in a Necromunda Hive City. It would eliminate the trouble of trying to balance things into the game like Space Marines, while allowing for a rich and diverse environment full of intrigue, violence and battles against all odds. And that would just be the character trying to get out of an underhive drinking hole to start the adventure.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).