Armored Warfare - Obsidian User Thread

C2B

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So what's the early verdict?

It is what it says it is.

I'm few hours in and I have no real complaints, but I have no real praises either. It feels like World of Tanks with a modern engine and faster paced combat. Though, everything seems to work bit differently from WoT.

I do have couple minor complaints: Why there is no statistic on how fast the tanks hull turns or am I just blind? The maximum and minimum accuracy stats feel more like obfuscation than whatever it is they are meant to represent.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Thought about testing it, but then remembered how much I burned out on WoT and then didn't bothered anymore. If they'd add some sort of single player story mode, then I might get interested again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Now after a whole another day with games I don't think I'm ever going back to WoT. AW fixes two major problems I had with WoT PvP.

Problem 1: Getting a new tank means you're going have to fight handicapped, because it doesn't have any upgrades and your crew doesn't know the difference between it's gun and engine.

In AW I simply do PvE missions to get myself upgrades and to train the crew so I don't have to fight unfair fights in PvP.

Problem 2: In 15 vs. 15 matches the difference one tank makes is rather small. Most of the time it doesn't feel like I could have affected the outcome of the fight.

This problem still is in AW, but in AW you're rewarded on how well you did instead of did you happen win or not. So I simply don't care about the winrate that much anymore.

Haha. I thought checking it out won't hurt... That thing is downloading with less than 200kb/s. I need more than 2 days for that and as per google, I am not alone with this and the patch downloads after that will be at least as slow.

That's not how you get people to play 'yer game man.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No tank skeet shooting, sorry.

After weekend of gaming I do have few suggestions:

System beeps. It seems to beep whenever someone gets spotted, killed, or dies, and considering the fast pace of combat the beeps are pretty much non-stop, which makes them meaningless background noise. Please make it beep only when someone in the enemy team gets spotted.

These white half squares or whatever they are just clutter up the UI. Please remove them.

VJD0ccx.jpg

s92ADP5.jpg

Edit: Also add hull traverse stat into tank details window and change "minimum accuracy", "maximum accuracy", "accuracy", and "overall accuracy" into something humanly understandable. It doesn't make any sense having that many accuracies.

Edited by kirottu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems like I'm the only one playing this but...

The matchmaking is ruining the game for me. For example I pick my t7 MBT I get into a match with mostly tier8 and 9s. I can't do pretty much anything against them.

Next I pick my tier6 TD, and naturally the opponent has 2x Chally 1's running around since they bunched up with damn arty player. They are the only tier 7 in the round and they just push over everyone else. So basically you have to know how to cheat the matchmaking to get favourable matches which just makes the game stupid. It's already bad enough that premium tanks get favoured with the matchmaking.

When you are pretty much always fighting against an enemy who has tanks that you just can't damage the games loses it's appeal quite ****ing fast. Especially when most of the playerbase (who actually use the chat) are only capable of calling everyone else retards with few added words in front and back. Too bad there's no only grown-ups servers for the game.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Usually you can damage them with the right ammo and hitting the right spots. Though I agree that it can get frustrating at times- as soon as you upgraded your tank too much, the game throws you into +1 / +2 tier battles.

I stopped playing when gaining XP in my Bradley became too much work and too little fun. It's really not worth the pain just to get the damn Terminator tank...

Edited by Lexx