from Obsidian twitter account:

@CrashMjF We're getting late into our cycle, but we are going to eval it. Looks awesome. :)

Haha, I just wanted to link the same answer here....at least it's me who asked that on twitter.... :p

You guys should also check out the new preview site of Unity 5: http://unity3d.com/5

Very cool stuff there. I hope the engine update will be released soon enough to be able to used in Pillars...

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

They also announced new maya 2015 version coming out in a few weeks with a whole slew of new features that a couple guys I follow who've been using it since the 90's said it's first huge leap they've seen in many years. I'm particularly interested in Bifrost tech since the game world is surrounded by so much water. That makes me wonder if it would benefit them to upgrade to that as well. However the unity upgrade would seem to be a big help if it's not much of a learning curve. Fun stuff :)

They also announced new maya 2015 version coming out in a few weeks with a whole slew of new features that a couple guys I follow who've been using it since the 90's said it's first huge leap they've seen in many years. I'm particularly interested in Bifrost tech since the game world is surrounded by so much water. That makes me wonder if it would benefit them to upgrade to that as well. However the unity upgrade would seem to be a big help if it's not much of a learning curve. Fun stuff :)

As far as i know Autodesk don't give much discount to their old customers so upgrading Maya/3d Max is more difficult than Unity.

• 1 month later...

Is the new version of Unity will burn computer even faster now?

Every game on this engine I played has made my GPU to scream in pain from heat. And I believe every one used only one core of my CPU (Q6600), and as that my processor is no longer the most efficient I had to overclock it so I can play at decent fps, ending myself with combo CPU and GPU overheating.

Edited by hernedpea