Music... must go on...

Gorth

Bit of a slow start, but that chorus...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Lebanese trip hop.

Hard to find album, if anyone knows where to buy.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LOVING YOU, WAS LIKE LOVING THE DEAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK1TnheTdww

Edited by Meshugger
  • Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Let's talk groove on music folks.  Let's post some of the greatest ever groove on songs.

Now, before I post this next video, I want to make a disclaimer.  This next video is a Sade song, and it is a POWERFUL aphrodisiac.  Something of this power should only be used on a special lady you plan on spending your life with.  Using the power of Sade on a one night stand is contemptible, disgusting, and wrong.  Groove on songs of this magnitude should only be used on those you plan to be with for eternity.

Anyway, Obsidian Forumites, post some of your favorite groove on songs.  And again, folks, use these songs responsibly.  With great power comes great responsibility. 

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ooooooooh yeaaaa. Sade.

Excellent choice. Groove runs the gambit and is a very subjective genre, though it opens the doors to sooooooo much good music.

Here's another powerful aphrodisiac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDo-Z0DQ00Q

And here's one of my all time favorite instrumental grooves, which also happens to hail from an awesome movie, that also happened to be the first partnership between Silvestri and Zemeckis on a film:

• Like 2

A different kind of groove all together, yet also awesome:

-Phish-

-Phish-

Oh Valsuelm, you know the path to my heart.  But, as long as we're mentioning jam bands, we have to mention THE MASTERS:

Fun fact:: I got to see The Dead 10 times before Jerry died and was at the 3rd to last show Jerry ever did.  I also saw Phish 4 times live.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years without Jerry....

I sadly never got to see him live, though I've got a few dozen great bootlegs. Saw the rest of them a few times after he passed, and Phish about half a dozen times and in their prime. The Great Went was the best concert experience I've ever had (and having worked in the industry I've seen hundreds of shows, most good). Pure happiness with ~70k true fans (you didn't drive all the way to Loring for that first show up there unless you really liked Phish or were a lost Deadhead. The vibe was like no other I've seen.

The following song especially, was beyond magical. It was the highlight of the show for me (and I imagine most other people who were there), and it turned out to be the Hood that started the tradition of the 'glow stick war'. Words really don't describe the electricity, the view, the euphoria in the crowd that night. Phish was at their best and on fire. You can hear the crowd and can probably guess when the sticks began to fly. I've seen other glow stick wars since, but that first one.... whoa that first one....

If you dig em, I recommend actually watching this video and not just listening. It's mostly not of the show (sadly most of that footage has never been released though they did film it professionally), but of various scenes at the show and the drive in on route 1. That itself was the most fun I ever had going to or from a show. It was pouring on the way in, but it turned out to be a beautiful sunny weekend.

If I could go back in time to any weekend ever, the weekend of this show might be it. And if there's one concert I know that's been filmed that I'd buy in a heartbeat if it was available. This one is it.

• Like 2

Oh.. and here's soundboard quality of my personal favorite Dead show that I never got to see but wished I had. I played the hell out of this cassette, and still have it somewhere around here. These days there's such a treasure trove of live shows on the web to be found if you know where to look, hence my cassette collection gets a rest.

https://archive.org/details/gd77-05-08.sbd.hicks.4982.sbeok.shnf

Enjoy!

Edited by Valsuelm
  • Like 1

Man, All the dead shows I went to happened between 93 and 95.  Back then I was pissed I didn't get to see them more before Jerry died, but looking back at it I was lucky to see them as much as I did.  

Anyway, here's one of The Dead's underappreciated songs, even if every true Deadhead knows it.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oh and:

I like how the one that's actually decent to listen to is the one that only gets posted as a link.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?