I finished the game yesterday, i was a bit disappointed, because it was short. I finished the game, every side quest, found most colectables, in about 13 hours. I read somewhere that they had to cut some of the content, because the game was too long. Will that content be released as DLC?

• Like 1

There appear to be at least 4 DLC planned, though nothing officially confirmed.

From what info?

I'm nearly sure they are working on one (And that Constant Gaw and Brian Heins are working on it), but from where do you get the number 4?

Edited by C2B

They cut the game because it was too long? Is over 13 hours too long?.

I think not.

I hope they bring out a **** load of dlc.

I felt the game could of been a hell of a lot longer, with 17 seasons and one movie of material to work from they could really go to town.

I feel they cut half the game, for several reasons. 1- time scale and pressure to release.

2- unsure how it would be accepted.

3- payable dlc.

To me they seem to have tested the water with a short game.

Will pop out dlc to keep us happy until they get out a much larger southpark 2.

If done correctly they could really go to town and create a whole new cult classic series of games.

Even more so if the games spawn a second movie. Now that they are going to stop the tv series.. But thats my guess only..

They cut the game because it was too long? Is over 13 hours too long?.

I think not.

I hope they bring out a **** load of dlc.

I felt the game could of been a hell of a lot longer, with 17 seasons and one movie of material to work from they could really go to town.

I feel they cut half the game, for several reasons. 1- time scale and pressure to release.

2- unsure how it would be accepted.

3- payable dlc.

To me they seem to have tested the water with a short game.

Will pop out dlc to keep us happy until they get out a much larger southpark 2.

If done correctly they could really go to town and create a whole new cult classic series of games.

Even more so if the games spawn a second movie. Now that they are going to stop the tv series.. But thats my guess only..

Southpark ending?  I thought it was renewed again through 2016 when it's up for yet another renewal.

With how successful this game is thus far, I'm fairly certain Ubisoft/Obsidian/SouthParkStudios will want to capitalize on that success as much as possible. That being said, this game is set up in such a way that DLC can be easily introduced. I'm hoping for one that will allow the player to do stuff after the game is beaten.

Don't expect much from DLC.  Matt and Trey are huge gamers (which is why they wanted to create a proper SP game), and know what gamers on the whole like/dislike (as evident in this game's mocking all the game cliches out there).  In the very same Q&A session where they said their original script for the game was too long and needed to be cut down significantly, when asked if that meant DLC, one of them (I want to say Matt) said "F*** that!" (referring to cutting content in order to sell it as DLC later on) and then they went on to say the cut content would most likely end up in the show in some form, rather than DLC.

If anything comes from DLC, it'd likely be costume/weapons packs, and that'd be it.  Before Ubisoft aquired the game, preorder bonuses were announced which were ultimately changed, and have little to no appearance in the game as it is now (completing my second playthru last night, the only thing I've seen was the Mysterion outfit in Kenny's closet and Professor Chaos' board of trying to figure out who Mysterion is (although the latter wouldn't have been a part of the costume pack Xbox users were to get)).

Also, remember that unlike most games out there, Matt and Trey play a HUGE role in this game (playing the same roles they do in the show), which is a large factor for why it took so long for the game to come out.  As such, story DLC would take a minimum of one year (if we're lucky), and would be subject to all the delays the main game was, for the exact same reasoning (Matt and Trey's control over everything, their only working on the game as a side project between seasons of the show, etc.).

Edited by JSwartz0181

Don't expect much from DLC.  Matt and Trey are huge gamers (which is why they wanted to create a proper SP game), and know what gamers on the whole like/dislike (as evident in this game's mocking all the game cliches out there).  In the very same Q&A session where they said their original script for the game was too long and needed to be cut down significantly, when asked if that meant DLC, one of them (I want to say Matt) said "F*** that!" (referring to cutting content in order to sell it as DLC later on) and then they went on to say the cut content would most likely end up in the show in some form, rather than DLC.

If anything comes from DLC, it'd likely be costume/weapons packs, and that'd be it.  Before Ubisoft aquired the game, preorder bonuses were announced which were ultimately changed, and have little to no appearance in the game as it is now (completing my second playthru last night, the only thing I've seen was the Mysterion outfit in Kenny's closet and Professor Chaos' board of trying to figure out who Mysterion is (although the latter wouldn't have been a part of the costume pack Xbox users were to get)).

Also, remember that unlike most games out there, Matt and Trey play a HUGE role in this game (playing the same roles they do in the show), which is a large factor for why it took so long for the game to come out.  As such, story DLC would take a minimum of one year (if we're lucky), and would be subject to all the delays the main game was, for the exact same reasoning (Matt and Trey's control over everything, their only working on the game as a side project between seasons of the show, etc.).

Wanna bet?

;)

I'm hoping for a full on Coon and Friends themed sequel now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I agree the game was a little short.  I needed more so am currently playing through it again just to get all the missing bits from the first time around (chinpokaman).  I would have loved to see the addition of a satan and sadam also would have been good for them to introduce a whole section with the crab people.  I (and 1000s of others) are really hoping they bring at many sequels.  I have been a southpark fan since the first episode and downloading 10 second clips on AOL over 9.6k modem (oh the days) I love the humour and animation its just spot on.

It's a shame it was censoring in the UK on the consoles but stupidly not on the PCs.  I bought the 360 edition but I am probs going to aquire a pc copy just for completeness.  It's stupid that it got censored as it's southpark fans that would be buying it and Im sure they wouldnt have been offended by any of the scenes.

I finished the game yesterday, i was a bit disappointed, because it was short. I finished the game, every side quest, found most colectables, in about 13 hours. I read somewhere that they had to cut some of the content, because the game was too long. Will that content be released as DLC?

yeah i finished too, it will be awesome if they release a DLC !

• 3 weeks later...