RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Guys does anyone have any feedback on the game War of the Vikings?

I am surprised with all our friendly and active Scandinavian members we don't have more support for this type of game?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Good looking out.  I'll probably never play it, but I might as well add it to my account in the highly unlikely event I suddenly develop an affinity for military shooters.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

An all-fresh Stasis teaser trailer. Oh, he is such a perfectionist! I can't wait:

Looking good, as always.

If only it was an RPG.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Project Cars has a release date (November 2014) and a shiny new trailer:

Sweet mother of shiny paint jobs that looks fantastic.  If this comes out in November then The Witcher 3 might just have to come out as a text adventure because this game is taking all the graphics.  There will be no graphics left for anyone else.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I would say that not all the graphics was from in game engine... Most of it looked like pre-rendered cutscenes... At 1:27 and 1:33 was shown very short footage from inside the car, and it looked little bit less graphicky than the rest of the footage

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Sweet mother of shiny paint jobs that looks fantastic.  If this comes out in November then The Witcher 3 might just have to come out as a text adventure because this game is taking all the graphics.  There will be no graphics left for anyone else.

Holy ****ing ****!! This is what I need!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What's the current opinion on Wasteland 2 development? Has anyone been following it closely? I've been watching some youtube vids and the game looks like a Russian Fallout 2 knock-off. Confusing UI design, ****ty art direction, 2003 graphics. Frankly if I didn't know who was making this I wouldn't give it a second glance.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What's the current opinion on Wasteland 2 development? Has anyone been following it closely? I've been watching some youtube vids and the game looks like a Russian Fallout 2 knock-off. Confusing UI design, ****ty art direction, 2003 graphics. Frankly if I didn't know who was making this I wouldn't give it a second glance.

I think Keyrock has been keeping up to date with the progress but from the updates the feedback has been generally positive ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I haven't been keeping up with the progress with it, but then I'm not strongly aligned to the game. Pledged for InExile to make the game, I'll judge it when I play the finished product.

That said, what I've seen looked okay to enjoyable from a cursory view.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

They have improved UI quite lot from release of beta and have said that they continue to do so. 

Combat system is good (there is variety of tactics to use, environment gives you different options, by offering covers, exploding items and bottlenecks) but in some encounters (in some random encounters you start next to close combat enemies that are also much faster than you ever can be and hit much harder can you and they usually start, which can make such encounter quite dull as you have high change to lose half of your team before you can do first action, and then there is some encounters where there is lots of low level monsters that take forever to move [thankfully there is option to make enemies moving animations play faster], but they don't pose any real threat towards you even with in such high numbers [which is probably because of skill current skill imbalance]) could benefit from some polish and rethinking. And there is cases where UI still causes some hindrances, but hopefully those will be fixed before the release.

Skill system is currently very unbalanced but developers have said that it is on purpose as they want people to have access more skill and higher level skill sooner than what they can do in released version, so that people than give their opinion of them.

And they haven't yet to release version where abilities have much impact on skills, which also causes some imbalance in the game.

Graphics are passable they aren't on AAA level, but also they aren't in such poor quality that they would hinder gameplay.

In my opinion aesthetics of game are OK and give Wasteland like feeling.

Music in the game is excellent

Writing seems to have its ups and downs but I try not judge it too harshly before final release.

Voice acting in parts where there is such is such that it fits in the game and hasn't become annoying.

Player actions seems to have consequences that have major impact how future missions play through. 

• Like 5

They have improved UI quite lot from release of beta and have said that they continue to do so. 

Combat system is good (there is variety of tactics to use, environment gives you different options, by offering covers, exploding items and bottlenecks) but in some encounters (in some random encounters you start next to close combat enemies that are also much faster than you ever can be and hit much harder can you and they usually start, which can make such encounter quite dull as you have high change to lose half of your team before you can do first action, and then there is some encounters where there is lots of low level monsters that take forever to move [thankfully there is option to make enemies moving animations play faster], but they don't pose any real threat towards you even with in such high numbers [which is probably because of skill current skill imbalance]) could benefit from some polish and rethinking. And there is cases where UI still causes some hindrances, but hopefully those will be fixed before the release.

Skill system is currently very unbalanced but developers have said that it is on purpose as they want people to have access more skill and higher level skill sooner than what they can do in released version, so that people than give their opinion of them.

And they haven't yet to release version where abilities have much impact on skills, which also causes some imbalance in the game.

Graphics are passable they aren't on AAA level, but also they aren't in such poor quality that they would hinder gameplay.

In my opinion aesthetics of game are OK and give Wasteland like feeling.

Music in the game is excellent

Writing seems to have its ups and downs but I try not judge it too harshly before final release.

Voice acting in parts where there is such is such that it fits in the game and hasn't become annoying.

Player actions seems to have consequences that have major impact how future missions play through. 

Thanks for the detailed feedback :)

John Milton 

I was just reminded that my peecee is more than three years old.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Welcome back. What a breath of fresh air, considering what a holy cow this game is. And it's too expensive. One for the heresy thread, perhaps, but I for one am inclined to agree.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Welcome back. What a breath of fresh air, considering what a holy cow this game is. And it's too expensive. One for the heresy thread, perhaps, but I for one am inclined to agree.

I just want to jump on your bandwagon and say I haven't pledge anything by InXile and don't plan on trusting them until they produce something decent.  So Mr. Unicorn isn't always rainbow and sunshine :p

Its a Fallout thing. I always liked the idea of a post apocalyptic RPG but the pseudo 50's and the turn based combat weren't my cup of tea. I can't really relate to the former and the latter was too bothersome after getting used to Infinity engine games. I did play through the entire series though, including a bit of F3 and FNV. 

So I look at Wasteland 2 without ounce of nostalgia. And I'm reminded of the few Fallout knock offs that were made in the early 2000's. It doesn't have to suck but Pillars of Eternity is much more attractive to me.

...LOL the game is 45 euros on Steam? What?

Boo's comment about the Russian Fallout 2 knock-off reminded me that Planet Alcatraz is finally on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289420/

Even censored and with the hammy but charming Russian to English google translation it's likely better than Wasteland 2 in every way.

Those are some high system requirements

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

You get to drive a Zonda and an Atom??!! Sweet lord, my prayers have been answered!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have literally seen with my own eyes an Atom on public roadways. The driver was wearing a helmet.

I haven't played a car game since Forza III, but Project CARS on PS4 looks inevitable. Especially if Spa and the Nurburgring are really in the game. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I have never heard of an Atom car. Based on the name I was hoping for something like the Peel P50, but alas.

The Ariel Atom is small, open wheel, light, and has insane acceleration and braking (due largely to the car's low weight).  The most insane thing about the car is that it's street legal.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Over 500 replies, time to start a new thread.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester