Finished the main storyline, a little disappointed

I finished the main storyline tonight and I'm disappointed that now I can't do anything with the boys and all I can do is do the side missions.  I think they should have made this game more along the lines of a GTA where it is open world and you can do more things with the boys and really interact with them outside of the missions and really become the fifth of the group, maybe do some things in school once the school reopens, do normal show stuff, go to class, have him stand at the bus stop with the four boys, and just add more things to do to really emmerse the player into the South Park world

The bottom line is: they didn't.

This is an RPG, not a sandbox game. Or, rather, this is not a sandbox game. I don't think it's very legit to complain that they didn't do this or that when it's pretty clear that isn't the type of game this is. 

• Like 1

I get that, but one of their big things when they were originally hyping it was that it was going to be the definitive South Park experience, which in my opinion it isn't.  It's just you joining them in this one game, and that's it.  What happens next?  What happens in school when it's back to normal?  They should have at least allowed you to do things with the boys after the main mission is done

I get that, but one of their big things when they were originally hyping it was that it was going to be the definitive South Park experience, which in my opinion it isn't. 

That's your opinion. Nothing more. Constructive Criticism for a pre-existing product is not "well, I think you should have done this". 

Asking them to change the entire game to suit your personal needs is not the same as commenting on the actual features of the game.

I would like the option to do repetitive mini-games or repeatable quests if possible.
However, I'm fairly content right now as I haven't unlocked all the achievements (88%) and leveled all the classes yet.

• Like 1

I finished the main storyline tonight and I'm disappointed that now I can't do anything with the boys and all I can do is do the side missions.  I think they should have made this game more along the lines of a GTA where it is open world and you can do more things with the boys and really interact with them outside of the missions and really become the fifth of the group, maybe do some things in school once the school reopens, do normal show stuff, go to class, have him stand at the bus stop with the four boys, and just add more things to do to really emmerse the player into the South Park world

i partially agree. what you want doesn't sound fun at all to me, but there should be some hidden postgame content, which they missed out on. as it is now the postgame is set-up solely for easy dlc introduction, which kinda sucks.

• Like 1

I would like the option to do repetitive mini-games or repeatable quests if possible.

However, I'm fairly content right now as I haven't unlocked all the achievements (88%) and leveled all the classes yet.

Yeah that's what I mean, it would be awesome to actually be able to use the Facebook, have a phone where you could contact the guys and do something with them, actually become friends with the boys and hang out with them instead of just doing the missions and nothing else

Yeah that's what I mean, it would be awesome to actually be able to use the Facebook, have a phone where you could contact the guys and do something with them, actually become friends with the boys and hang out with them instead of just doing the missions and nothing else

This game has a bright future, I'm sure we'll see lots more content in the months to come.

I'm just really glad it's finally released.

• Like 1

This game has a bright future, I'm sure we'll see lots more content in the months to come.

I'm just really glad it's finally released.

I really hope so, I really hope they don't just forget about this now.

Eh, I am but I'm not at the same time, I wish it would have either been released earlier before everyone got pumped up for it and were expecting everything and were disappointed or had waited and put everything in at the release date

I wish it would have either been released earlier before everyone got pumped up for it and were expecting everything and were disappointed or had waited and put everything in at the release date

But you do not have any evidence that they were going to put in ANY of what you described. 

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you go into games thinking the devs are going to be able to read your mind and give you exactly what you want. No game is going to do that.

i partially agree. what you want doesn't sound fun at all to me, but there should be some hidden postgame content, which they missed out on. as it is now the postgame is set-up solely for easy dlc introduction, which kinda sucks.

Uh no. It's also a way to finish up any sidequests you didn't finish before going to Clyde's castle or a way to go and get some missed achievements.

Or would you rather have the game tell you that this is it, there's no turning back after you enter so better go finish up anything you might have missed...

Hate the living, love the dead.

..What makes any of you think there will ever be additional content released?   I highly doubt it...

This game was  +($60) because you are buying the Matt/Trey Southpark premium name/quality.  Not because of incredible depth or future content/support....

Edited by kevinkrenik22

..What makes any of you think there will ever be additional content released?   I highly doubt it...

On my side its that a project started at Obsidian around a month ago with a system designer of Stick of Truth as Project Director and a level designer as Lead Level Designer.

Said designer also began working on another of the Studio's project as a designer. Now if the new project was something BIG I doubt he would begin working on two projects at once which leads me to believe the project he's a Lead on is small.

And the best candidate there is Stick of Truth DLC.

Edited by C2B

This game was  +($60) because you are buying the Matt/Trey Southpark premium name/quality.  Not because of incredible depth or future content/support....

Skyrim was $60-#100 and had 4 DLC packs.

You're honestly telling me a game in this day and age will not have DLC?

Though I can agree I was slightly disappointed with the ending. it is not for any of the reasons you listed. I was only sad to see such an AMAZING game with such great design in so many aspects come to such a halt. clocking in so short I just did not have my fill. I actually had the urge to look for DLC literally about 16 hours after the release of the game.

but this game is great. I have beaten it about 5 times now. its just entertaining. doing something different each time (normal difficulty is....kinda too easy). 
but this isnt a sandbox game. which is a type of game thats over saturating the market right now. you cant criticize a game for not being a genre.

Meanwhile we have an amazing game well worth the price which captures the series pretty flawlessly. this game is like a whole interactive season of south park by itself and should be respected as such

I dunno how you could be disappointed with the ending of this game... you're clearly not seeing it from the creators perspective.

This was a side project that they decided to do to break the monotony of creating South Park The Show... they like these sort of deviations but they also don't like to linger on any one thing too long... That being said, you'll never see a sequel to this game or added content either because of how many issues they had with the push backs...etc. To them this is game is already old news and behind them.

I thought they accomplished what they set out to do. They made the fans able to be a part of South Park and see what it was like. I mean they make you the center of attention the entire game, that's literally an entire season of South Park about you, the fan/player...

[spoiler WARNING]

I'm putting the next section in a font that almost resembles the background as to not spoil things for skimmers, highlight it if you want to read it clearly:

I enjoyed how there weren't any real loose ends, the kids are done playing "Dungeon's and Douchebags", your origin is revealed as the Dragonborn and your real name is Dovakean. You also stop taking their **** and tell them to go **** themselves and walk away...

Leave it up to your imagination... I'm pretty sure after all that noise, your family left South Park behind and moved on once again...

It was a perfect way to end the game and go right back to the show... not to mention the show technically has gone on without you as there were two episodes that aired after the Stick of Truth prequel trilogy... So yeah, this game is either non-canon or the above statement is the only logical explanation as to why your character is no longer part of the South Park universe. There really isn't much more they could have done. I'm satisfied with it.

• 3 months later...