Diablo 3 new patch

Monte Carlo

I'm still playing on PS4, it feels easier than the PC version but is still great MP fun.

I played the base game on PS3, the stats and numbers were a bit different, so it felt a bit different.

But yeah, for sofa-MP, consoles are king.

Lesson of the day: Don't go against the Act2 keywarden with a missile build. Especially not on HC. RIP.

HA HA HA!!1

I mean RIP. :(

Hey wuss, I only see you playing softcore these days. Lost your manhood? :p

Just waiting for the new season to start. My countless deaths have nothing to do it. Nothing at all.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Say hello to NunGrata, the crusader nobody asked for, but she still turned up, unwanted, and said she had a mission to fulfil! :biggrin:

It's my first seasonal character ever. Hopefully, this adds some extra spice to good old D3 RoS:

vLtM3a.jpg

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Seasonal character almost to 70, wasted spare time playing that.  My 68 DH does look pretty swank, though I am the last one of my clan to hit 70 in the season, bah!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ljuJHw2.jpg?1

Hit 70. Got lucky in my first rift with that Manticore. Ugly weapon, but it has its uses.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My DH can kill stuff on T2, but wow does she die easily. 28k healing isn't enough I guess. A lot different from my normal one which can stand in desecrates or whatever on T1, heh.

kirottu: Wow! Nice find indeed. Imagine if you find a weapon with like 7 properties already that you love. Will it still make room for an eighth one - the socket this item is making?

If so, it's absolutely brilliant.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I could really use that for my amulet and a third epic gem.

Recently got a bottomless potion called Kulle-Aid, which heals you for 60% life and allows you to smash through waller walls for 5 seconds. Down in the item description flavor text it just says "Oh, Yeah!"  :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Patch 2.1.2 just dropped, and I experienced my best D3 windfall so far! I hadn't played it in a long time, and decided to give it a whirl.

In one hour, my beloved DH got two legendary gems (one excellent 30s after killing elites, you get 30% more damage, and one that bleeds enemies - I've never found a single legendary gem before), a legendary crossbow (my old one was better), a legendary belt (it was much better than mine, set pants (that was better than mine plus two sockets), a new legendary helm (which makes the gem that's socketed in it appear as an extra whenever I find a gem - amazingly nice!).

New Tristam has been re-arranged, and is much more user-friendly now. I have experienced my first Greater Rifts and I climb the GR ladder pretty fast.

My damage increased by 379K within one single bountiful hour! Yay!! :aiee:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

OK.

Another noob question:

I have a number of GF keystones now, but only one that I've kept levelling up using that transparent guardian at the end of the GFs.

So, what happens if I finally fail to do the GF within the time limit (the last time I had 1 min 43s to spare), will that keystone with a rank-number on it disappear?

I mean, to get to rank 25, do I need to keep beating timed GFs in a row, without failure?

If you fail to beat the time on a GR, then all you can do is upgrade the gem and you lose the keystone (have to make you grind for something :p) So you can't do harder and harder rifts.

I got 5/6 Marauders on my DH woo, though I prefer my other pieces of gear so am running around with 4/6.

Now I am not sure what to do for season 2, I really love the DH class but perhaps I will do a Wizard this time.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Malc: Yeah, before Christmas, I read about them Marauders being the way to go - so far I have zero Marauders, so I have plenty to find yet.

Alright, and I guess that means that you don't get a new GR keystone with an updated rank on it, so then I'll have to use a new one. It won't be given back to me with the same rank, rather it's consumed?

EDIT: Silly me! This question just above, Malc already answered! :facepalm:

Will it be like the first time, though, every time? D3 tested my mettle, and then gave me a starting level for the GR, as it were?

And my last question: For those two legendary gems I do have, what does upgrading one of them entail?

Will that rank-25-improvement on it become even more elusive, like rank 30, or is there any immediate benefit for a non-rank-25 like me?

Alright, and I guess that means that you don't get a new GR keystone with an updated rank on it, so then I'll have to use a new one. It won't be given back to me with the same rank, rather it's consumed?

If you fail to complete the GR (kill the guardian) before time runs out then you can only upgrade the Gem, the Keystone will be locked out and consumed. If you complete the GR in time, you can choose which to upgrade, Gem or Keystone, but not both. Choosing one locks out the other.

Will it be like the first time, though, every time? D3 tested my mettle, and then gave me a starting level for the GR, as it were?

How your party performs in the Trial will determine the starting level of the Keystone.

And my last question: For those two legendary gems I do have, what does upgrading one of them entail?

Will that rank 25 become even more elusive, like rank 30, or is there any immediate benefit for a non-rank-25 like me?

Upgrading becomes more difficult the higher the level of the Gem. To level up the first 10 levels or so is relatively easy, almost any level of GR will suffice. The closer you get to 25 the higher level GR you have to complete. When you choose to upgrade your Gems you will see a % success rate when you select it. Higher level Gems have a lower % success rate to upgrade so you need progressively higher GR to upgrade higher level Gems. And yes, any level Gem is better than not using it. You do not have to wait until 25 to feel the benefits. You will notice there are two stat lines per Gem, before 25 and including 25. The before 25 stat line upgrades with every Gem level increase.

• Like 2

Gfted1, thx a bunch! :)

Interesting, so every new GR started is like those cursed chest events, where you get swarmed with monsters, wave after wave.

From that, the game deduces a GF rank, and off you go, until you run out of steam. Cool!