Mechanical KB Enthusiasts! (forum w/ info etc)

catspwnme

Hey all,

I just wanted to direct anyone interested in mechanical KB's to this forum/community. http://geekhack.org/

I myself am a keyboard wh0re and can't have enough keysets/KB's.

There is also a lot of good info on Mice or any peripherals you can imagine.

(Check out the groupbuy section) ...Maybe one day we can get a POE key set made ;)

Please delete if this is against forum rules. 

Can't wait!!! 

Cafiend/catspwnme/lgraves (BF4)

post-52029-0-54587400-1392846173_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever used a real mechanical keyboard...are there any decent "ergonomic"/curved mechanical keyboards? :)

(P.S. This might be more suited to Skeeter's Junkyard...although it is a fairly quiet section...)

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I wonder if by mechanical keyboards is meant boards using Cherry MX keys?

Got two keyboards using two different "colours" of above switches, a noisy (very gratifying "clicks" when traversed down far enough) one for home and a less noisy one for work. Not that my colleagues really appreciate it mind you.

Never going back to the plastic toys again.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I use a MX Brown at home and a Black at work for noise reasons, and dampened with O-rings (and feel there's too much resistance now), but wouldn't call myself an enthusiast, no - just practical. Would like to try a Topre RealForce someday though.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Wireless mechanical keyboards or just wireless keyboards in general? The former is really rare and flat out unavailable for some regions. And I'm really annoyed at the trend for all wireless keyboards to champion compactness and thinness over usability factors, primarily key travel. What's so hard about a full-size wireless keyboard with full-travel keys?

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The last two wireless keyboards I bought I ended up despising, so I'm not sure I can be much help there. The one in the Logitech MK710 is abominable. It might seem silly advice, but if not able to test personally the best bet might be to look at the pictures and pick the one that looks like it has the tallest keys....

EDIT: Looked at my other one, which was in the MK520 combo. It's only marginally less abominable.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The last two wireless keyboards I bought I ended up despising, so I'm not sure I can be much help there. The one in the Logitech MK710 is abominable. It might seem silly advice, but if not able to test personally the best bet might be to look at the pictures and pick the one that looks like it has the tallest keys....

EDIT: Looked at my other one, which was in the MK520 combo. It's only marginally less abominable.

I have the MK550 combo myself - though I use a G400 mouse instead. I am mildly satisfied. Its comfort isn't as good as my old Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 that I thought I ruined by washing it, I have to admit, though, (it's actually perfectly fine, but was shorting out for a while, which made me think it was broken). Keys are a lot harder to press down, too, which can create cramps after excessively typing for long periods of time...I always think about going back to the Microsoft keyboard, but I never do thanks to the bunch of Fn macros that this Logitech one has...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 1 month later...

Filcos are pretty good. They are on Amazon.Leopolds aren't bad either they are around 90 on elitekeyboards.com

I prefer the filcos though. Filco majestoutch 2 tenkeyless.

As far as keycaps, geekhack has groupbuys from time to time. You can also check signatureplastics.com