What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Looked around through Steam for maybe something new to play - indie, short, long, whatever. Didn't see much to interest me. Except this one game (I think it's an online with micro-transactions?) in Early Access (closed beta) called "The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot".

The humor and dungeon/castle building looked appealing, but sadly I don't think another online/transaction type game is for me. If only it was single-player... maybe in a year or two there will be more finished games for me to try. These things tend to go in cycles for us gamers...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just bought Mars: War Logs. Played the demo and thought it was really good.

It's an interesting one, but I do think the opening act that is the prison escape is the highlight. The follow Acts, while interesting in their own way don't seem to quite match up to that start.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just bought Mars: War Logs. Played the demo and thought it was really good.

It's an interesting one, but I do think the opening act that is the prison escape is the highlight. The follow Acts, while interesting in their own way don't seem to quite match up to that start.

The game does get quite repetitive, and combat definitely suffers from Twitcher2 roll-o-holic disease, but I enjoyed the game nevertheless.  Like practically every other game developed by Spiders, there is the potential for something really great, but the game ultimately falls well short of its ambitions (because limited budget/time constraints?).  Still, I don't regret buying and playing the game to completion one bit.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Arise Ragnar of the Odinsblade! Great game, played it recently but there seemed to be a lot missing from it however, like the cavern where you get the Roman Sword. A more varied selection of monsters however.

The only thing I was missing was the big undead melee towards the end of Hel.

Otherwise, I'm surprised how good this game was. There's some relatively good environmental storytelling/foreshadowing in there. And good puzzles.

Bound by Flame is bound to be Spiders' magnum opus. Game is already a winner for using Simonetti cover art.

bound_by_flame_web_by_marcsimonetti-d5sk

I hope so.  I've enjoyed the Spiders' games I've played (Mars: War Logs, Of Orcs and Men) but always felt a bit disappointed when they don't come close to living up to their potential.  

As an aside, if that's snow on the ground then she's not particularly well dressed for the weather.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

As an aside, if that's snow on the ground then she's not particularly well dressed for the weather.

You would think that doesn't happen in real life, but you would be wrong. All I will say is that women are willing masochist in the name of fashion or looking pretty.

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

You would think that doesn't happen in real life, but you would be wrong. All I will say is that women are willing masochist in the name of fashion or looking pretty.

Sure, but they're usually not more than a minute or two away from a warm (or soon to be warm) vehicle or somewhere indoors.  Homeslice and Ms. Cleavage don't exactly look like they're a hop skip and a jump away from having a roof over their heads.

Edit:  On the other hand, it does kind of look like there is a giant bonfire about 6 inches behind them.  In fact, homeslice's cloak is probably already caught on fire.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Way too much Dragon's Dogma. I went back to Sorcerer because I don't know why. Just to balance strength and magic in the end, I guess.

I'm just grinding away, hoping to beat Awakened Daimon. I've read a few strategies for him, but he simply would take too long for me to commit to trying.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Halfway through Cognition, clipping issues still everywhere.  The powers mechanic is interesting, the third one has a nice interplay between you and another character.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Way too much Dragon's Dogma. I went back to Sorcerer because I don't know why. Just to balance strength and magic in the end, I guess.

I'm just grinding away, hoping to beat Awakened Daimon. I've read a few strategies for him, but he simply would take too long for me to commit to trying.

I really need to get back into my game of DD.  I think I was in the mid 30s as far as level and was really enjoying it but was getting bogged down by all the side quests, but everytime I read a post on here about it, it gives me motivation to get back into it.  Thanks! lol

Having a pause from Anno2070.

Can't seem to get my income into the positive, and got mission parameters demanding you build more stuff when you can't support any of it.

Might have to give some thought to going back to the start of the chapter and redoing all the earlier missions to lay appropriate groundwork. Or something.

Can't seem to get my income into the positive, and got mission parameters demanding you build more stuff when you can't support any of it.

Might have to give some thought to going back to the start of the chapter and redoing all the earlier missions to lay appropriate groundwork. Or something.

Have you adjusted your tax rate? Set your warehouses to sell things?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Have you adjusted your tax rate? Set your warehouses to sell things?

Where can you actually change the tax rate? I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

I  think I've set my warehouse to sell things, but they don't seem to . Or it's just no-one wants that surplus..

Played a little BGII, but spent most of today's gaming time playing Remember Me. It's a decent game with nice enviroments and an okay soundtrack. I was expecting worse from the game.

Edited by Labadal

Played a little BGII, but spent most of today's gaming time playing Remember Me. It's a decent game with nice enviroments and an okay soundtrack. I was expecting worse from the game.

It has a great setting and premise weighed down by decidedly mediocre and monotonous gameplay.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Finished Resonance (with a walkthrough, because I'm here for the story dammit!)

Well wow, they're not afraid to pull any punches.

Great game, my second favorite Wadjet Eye game.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Where can you actually change the tax rate? I was looking for it but couldn't find it.

I  think I've set my warehouse to sell things, but they don't seem to . Or it's just no-one wants that surplus..

Click on a residence. The bar below the portrait. Dark green is the lowest tax rate. Red is the tax rate at which people may get up and leave. People need to be at the lowes tax rate to be able to upgrade.

Trading depends on ships comming to your port and finding something on sale they'll like. Everybody buys fish, sand and other generic resources. If there are specific factions in the game, they'll buy more specific stuff that's worth more. I'm not sure if there are tricks to make a port more likely to attract ships.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Torchlight 2, i'd forgotten how charming and enthralling this game is, one of the few instances I can recall in recent times where a game has built on it's previous success and added to it. And I get to wear a monocle!

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Use periapts to increase damage/defenses instead,it'll take less time than grinding.You can buy them from Fournival(the bold merchant with blonde moustaches) in Gran Soren.

I really need to get back into my game of DD.  I think I was in the mid 30s as far as level and was really enjoying it but was getting bogged down by all the side quests, but everytime I read a post on here about it, it gives me motivation to get back into it.  Thanks! lol

As far as the board quests go just accept them every now and then when you have to stop in a city anyway and forget they exist.If you complete the requirements(while doing what is actually fun:exploring,fighting the monsters you meet,main quest,side quests by NPCs,visiting dungeons),then good you get some more xps.If not it doesn't matter you'll get enough xps anyway.

Otherwise I can't even imagine having fun while actively searching the whole gameworld to find/rest spam to make respawn that last chimera/goblin/bunny to kill and finish that MMO quest.