What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Still trying to finish my Planescape: Torment Playthrough. It was all going swell until I reached The Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts...

You must search all the rooms carefully, furniture is not what it appears to be :)

Scan every pixel with your cursor, no "hold tab to highlight all interactive objects" here. Probably not a good idea to play at a resolution greater than 640x480.

Playing at 1366x768 here  :biggrin:These mods make the game look prettier than any Triple A Game I've played. As for the quests...I think I need to pay the curiosity shop a visit. :)

Yeah I used the exact same mods, there was one bug in the art gallery where the game keeps crashing but there is a fix for it in the GOG forums

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've noticed that with Enemy Within, if you turn on the the ability roulette (or whatever it's called that randomises the soldier's stats) the overall hit chance is seriously affected.

Training Roulette randomises the skills, Not Created Equally is for stats, but i was never bothered too much.  ... i did only use the rookies with the best stats though, most of the time. :lol:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Is it a good idea to turn your best soldiers into MECs?  I changed one of my lower level guys, just to try out what that feature looks like.  But I don't want to tamper with my main party of soldiers who get employed on most missions.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well MEC level up very slowly so using a rookie makes sense only if you make him tag along. So if you want a full power MEC trooper you should indeed use your best soldiers since they carry levels over and you can unlock abilites instanlty.

And after you field any MEC trooper, you're not going to regret anything.  :) Next time i play i'm building one as soon as possible. By the end of the game he's going to have 500 kills minimum :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Too...much...Neverwinter Online. Not just the Festival/fishing but doing tons of dailies to level up pets. When it's all done I can go back to hardly playing the game at all...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started to play Atelier Meruru after 8 months of break... Surprisingly I remember most of the stuff... The game is pretty addictive. Killed 2 trophy bosses and one optional last evening. I built a statue for myself, which in exchange unlocked leveling beyond level 50.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

i just finished Alan Wake and started Metro Last Light. i still havent finished Icewind Dale 2, because im blocked by (probably) a bug. let  me tell you the situation im in, maybe someone can help me with it.

i arrived at dragon's eye, killed all the snakes and reached the lava room. there i found everything dead and at the end i met a beholder that i killed. leaving the area, i found myself back in it but apparently one day before it was destroyed with everyone still alive. now im stuck in the place because i cant leave. i can only go back to Kuldahar where nobody has anything new to say

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Pretty deep into Divine Divinity.  I think I avoided it because of the terrible name, but it has been a great surprise.  I will be jumping right into the sequel when I finish.

I liked that one a lot. Like many other games, I don't think I ever actually finished it (maybe 3/4?), but I had a blast with it anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I turn on my Steam and I see Grim Dawn starts downloading an update, a fairly meaty one too.  Nothing on the Grim Dawn forums about it yet, but it's the next update, b16, so that's what I'm playing now.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Is it a good idea to turn your best soldiers into MECs?  I changed one of my lower level guys, just to try out what that feature looks like.  But I don't want to tamper with my main party of soldiers who get employed on most missions.

For your first MEC (or two), use a Heavy of Lieutenant rank or lower. The aim progression is such that you actually end up with *more* aim on them doing it early rather than late. For every other class, you lose on significant chunks of aim if you do it below Colonel, though it can still be situationally worth it - e.g. a Support-turned-MEC can with careful use be pretty valuable early game, but it's pretty fiddly ensuring they're in range to provide the bonus to the rest of your squad while hiding out of line-of-sight yourself.

Simplistic advice is to get one Heavy MEC or two when you first gain access to MECs, though Heavies are so good early game that I make sure I keep at least one. Then all subsequent MECs are created from Colonel Snipers. (There's a possible tradeoff here in that if you use a Major Sniper, you gain 1hp once they're promoted, at the cost of 7 aim. I take the extra aim every time though.)

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Contemplating getting Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations to make up for the fact that I hadn't spent an extravagant amount on Steam sales unlike previous years.

Unfortunately, it being a Matrix Games joint, you are paying the deficit of a small developing country for something that looks like this:

cmanorev31d.png

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Finally beat Hitman: Blood Money - Silent Assassin on every mission. Last mission was ridiculous for trying to get the rating, as you can't have any bodies be discovered, (or indeed, take down anyone besides your primary targets except with your two shots of sedatives), but the game places a dead body as part of the story, (enemy assassin disguising as somebody else), right in front of a guard that basically eventually and almost always comes across it. You can't really move it, either, because, again, the guard will see you and/or the body. Between that and making sure you're not captured on any cameras in the bloody White House...it was relatively hard.

Tried playing Path of Exile a bit, but after hitting about level 40, I'm already completely burnt out...thanks, Diablo, you soul-sucker of a game - can't play these types of games for any length of time anymore. Also trying Spec Ops: The Line...eh. Not a huge fan of third person shooters, especially ones that have wacky mouse controls...and ones that pointlessly try to preach verbally in ADDITION to the actual game, (why the game has to keep going on and on about the horrible stuff the game has railroaded you into doing, I don't know - I feel like the acts should speak for themselves).

Played through Banjo-Kazooie recently, too. I used to really prefer Banjo-Kazooie over Banjo-Tooie, but this time it seemed almost...boring. Maybe Banjo-Tooie's relatively high world complexity will actually be a boon instead of a curse this next time I play it. :)

(edit) Agiel, what exactly is the picture supposed to represent? I'm not familiar with this kind of graph...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

i just finished Alan Wake and started Metro Last Light. i still havent finished Icewind Dale 2, because im blocked by (probably) a bug. let  me tell you the situation im in, maybe someone can help me with it.

i arrived at dragon's eye, killed all the snakes and reached the lava room. there i found everything dead and at the end i met a beholder that i killed. leaving the area, i found myself back in it but apparently one day before it was destroyed with everyone still alive. now im stuck in the place because i cant leave. i can only go back to Kuldahar where nobody has anything new to say

It's not a bug, the Beholder or somebody cast a time spell when the volcano exploded and time has gotten all tangled up in that vicinity. As I remember what you do is go through the room and over the safe bits of cooled lava to uncover the mystery of what happened then, appearing back at the beginning multiple times until everything is solved. Then you can proceed. Long time since I last played however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's not a bug, the Beholder or somebody cast a time spell when the volcano exploded and time has gotten all tangled up in that vicinity. As I remember what you do is go through the room and over the safe bits of cooled lava to uncover the mystery of what happened then, appearing back at the beginning multiple times until everything is solved. Then you can proceed. Long time since I last played however.

i got the impression it was Sseth that granted the inquisitor's wish for a chance to fix the mess he caused, so the place is looped until someone stops him. the problem is, that i did everything possible to do the first time i got back in time, but i cant do anything anymore... just go around aimlessly from island to island

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

So the new Grim Dawn update included some better art assets and new art assets for the laboratory area, a couple new side quests, plus a regular round of bug fixes and balance adjustments.  The game definitely does look a bit nicer now, though it's not a massive change.  They are starting up internal testing of Act 2, and in about a month we should be getting it into our grubby little hands.  I went ahead and killed Warden Krieg with my Saboteur last night, it's the lowest level I've ever killed him at (17).  He dropped an awesome ring for me.  Time to do the new side quests and hit up some of the hidden areas.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

i got the impression it was Sseth that granted the inquisitor's wish for a chance to fix the mess he caused, so the place is looped until someone stops him. the problem is, that i did everything possible to do the first time i got back in time, but i cant do anything anymore... just go around aimlessly from island to island

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/Walkthrough/chapter5/area3.php

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

So the new Grim Dawn update included some better art assets and new art assets for the laboratory area, a couple new side quests, plus a regular round of bug fixes and balance adjustments.  The game definitely does look a bit nicer now, though it's not a massive change.  They are starting up internal testing of Act 2, and in about a month we should be getting it into our grubby little hands.  I went ahead and killed Warden Krieg with my Saboteur last night, it's the lowest level I've ever killed him at (17).  He dropped an awesome ring for me.  Time to do the new side quests and hit up some of the hidden areas.

I like the older style, the graphics are crisp and I like the avatars (especially the rag-tag outfits like the patchwork Mad-Max style leather jackets and the shields fashioned out of garbage cans). I've just got a straightforward melee dude, still only level 9 armed with a big mace bashing stuff up.

There's lots of nice little touches, like easy-to-navigate menus and toggles for maps and stuff. I like that.

In fact, the only thing I'm not wild about is the soporific music. Dammit I want battle music, not chilled out piano recitals.

There's a lot to love about this game, it could be the post-apocalyptic-phantasy version of Diablo 2 we never knew we were waiting for.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I like the older style, the graphics are crisp and I like the avatars (especially the rag-tag outfits like the patchwork Mad-Max style leather jackets and the shields fashioned out of garbage cans). I've just got a straightforward melee dude, still only level 9 armed with a big mace bashing stuff up.

There's lots of nice little touches, like easy-to-navigate menus and toggles for maps and stuff. I like that.

In fact, the only thing I'm not wild about is the soporific music. Dammit I want battle music, not chilled out piano recitals.

There's a lot to love about this game, it could be the post-apocalyptic-phantasy version of Diablo 2 we never knew we were waiting for.

At some point we're going to get 2-handed melee weapons and dual wielding pistols (dual wielding pistols might be in the expansion as I think it's part of the Gunslinger mastery that's supposed to be included in the expansion).  Dual wielding pistols is what I'm ultimately most excited about, so that I can play a Roland Deschain of Gilead type character.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Arise Ragnar of the Odinsblade! Great game, played it recently but there seemed to be a lot missing from it however, like the cavern where you get the Roman Sword. A more varied selection of monsters however.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Having a dabble on Mark of the Ninja. Although I seem to be going more slicey-slicey then sneaky-sneaky.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Not sure where I want to go next in Dark Souls with my punchy character. I've just gone through the first section of the DLC and taken down both Sanctuary Guardian and Artorias. Artorias gave me some trouble with how aggressive he is. He doesn't leave a lot of chances to heal up if he gets a hit in on you and combined with the fact that he's a pretty heavy hitter he typically 2 shots me at 20 vitality for anything that isn't a mid dodge graze. He actually wasn't as bad as Smough and Ornstein for me because while he can kill you in just a couple hits, there is only the one enemy to focus on and you get a lot more practice at learning his patterns and dodging his attacks for each attempt you make.

Also killed Ciaran for her armour set. Think I may swap out the leg piece for something though. The elf shoes bug me. I'm tempted to go after Izalith as my next destination, but I don't know how I would get past the centipede demon. The lack of ability to strike upwards seems like it would make that fight rather difficult. Other than that I do want the chance to finish off my Fire Cestus to +10.