The merry xmas thread

Serrano

Merry Christmas, indeed. I'm sick every Christmas, without fail, since moving back to Minnesota...*sigh*

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've said it a few times in other threads, but I'll say it here too:

Hope it's a great day for everyone, however one chooses to celebrate/spend the day. I may not be big on Xmas per se, but holidays do make me reflect a lot on what I'm thankful for and how grateful I am to have those things. From family, roof over the head, games to obsess over, cats to play with, forums to chatter in, and husbands to cuddle.

Cheers all.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Merry Christmas, indeed. I'm sick every Christmas, without fail, since moving back to Minnesota...*sigh*

That's because they don't drink properly in the mid-West. 1120hrs here, and onto first beer. Ironically a Goose Island IPA. 

About to ring round the family. I never know what to say. But I guess it has to be done. :)

Jerk pork belly, and mash on the way food wise. I'll be cooking the pheasant later in the belly fat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjQzJAKxTrE

...ne'er forget those less fortunate...Bless 'em...

...Merry Christmas, lads & lasses... :devil:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Edited by Sargallath Abraxium

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Happy Festivus.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Happy Festivus.

And a merry Feargus to you, too.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Bloated from a delicious and Dickensian dinner, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

Or whatever holiday you choose to celebrate.

• Like 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

• 11 months later...

I'm pretty excited about the gift I bought my wife this year, it's a nice watch that she was admiring months ago.  It was way out of the price range, but I found it online for a decent discount so I went for it.  

I'm also loving the fact that my son is finally at the age where he wants video games.  I got him the new Skylanders and Super Smash Brothers.  

My daughter has been spending the last few months making us watch youtube videos about American Girl dolls, so we are pretty sure that's what she wants.  ;-)

Hehe, I have American Girl dolls coming out the wazoo. My daughter was into them for many years but shes grown out of it now (I still get the catalog in the mail and I tried to interest her in it and I got the dreaded eye roll. :lol:). They have a store downtown that shes been to a few times.

Hehe, I have American Girl dolls coming out the wazoo. My daughter was into them for many years but shes grown out of it now (I still get the catalog in the mail and I tried to interest her in it and I got the dreaded eye roll. :lol:). They have a store downtown that shes been to a few times.

We have a store in the Bay Area as well.  Thankfully that's more of a mother/daughter event, plus the grandma is tagging along as well.  Me and the boy can stay home and play video games.

I may not like SPN Season 10 as much so far, but Misha Collins and his father are still adorable. It almost puts me in a Xmasy mood. Almost.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts