I cannot accept EU ending for the Exile (and Revan)

As the title above, i totally rejected Expended Universe ending for the Exile (and Revan) because it is totally not making any sense.

i. The Exile is said to be a unique Jedi, who can inspire followers, leeching their energy and controlling them the same time making them following her to death.

ii. The Exile have special powers such as Precognition that allow her to see dangers before it happen, and a lot of other powers

iii. The Exile also defeating 3 powerful Sith Lords

- Darth Nihilus - a Sith Lord that can destroy a planet

- Darth Sion - a Sith Lord that literally cannot die because the Force that keep him alive

- Darth Traya - a very powerful Sith Lord that can kill 3 Jedi Masters in one strike

In which means the Exile is indeed a very powerful Jedi ever other than Revan. But in EU, The Exile got back stabbed by Lord Scourge and die? That is so cheap and stupid.

"Surik saw that the Emperor had all but defeated Revan without even drawing a weapon. She charged to his aid even as Revan was still reeling from being electrocuted by the Emperor's dark powers. Seeing the Emperor take Revan's own lightsaber and prepare to kill him with it, Surik made a choice which would have galactic consequences for centuries to come: rather than throw her lightsaber to kill the distracted Emperor at the cost of Revan's life, she threw her blade only to deflect the killing blow. It was in this moment that the battle was lost, and Lord Scourge realized that the only way to challenge the Emperor's plot against the Republic was to make it appear as though he had brought the Jedi before the Emperor as a trap for the servants of the Light. Taking advantage of her trust, Scourge stabbed Meetra Surik in the back with his lightsaber--ending her life"- http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Meetra_Surik

So no, i will never accept EU canon

@Qistina

It gets worse in TOR. Revan, one of the most powerful force users in history with all his power from both sides of the force, is just a level 38 character and one of the easiest bosses in a game gets totally beaten by party (consisting of mediocore power level chars, which are not even necessary sith), supposedly barely escapes with life and is never seen again.

Yeah, I wish TOR never happened.

• Like 1

Even HK-47 is more powerful than Revan (sure, he's awesome, but still).

Yeah, like the rest, pretend there is no Revan book, there is no TOR plot, and with all of us you still wait for KOTOR3 for the epic resolution of Revan and Exile vs. The True Sith. Hopefully by Obsidian, since BioWare proves they will obviously make it bad...

• Like 3

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I just can't understand how these stories become "canon" while it totally contradict the premise itself. It took a great deal to build the Exile and so she can beat the bosses in the game, later she got silly back stabbed and die, it is all for nothing. I don't mind if the Exile die but back stabbed while throwing her lightsaber???

Obi Wan don't die even when he lost his lightsaber many times in the movie, he's a total bad ass Jedi. He get shot by blaster cannon and fall from the cliff, he don't die. But the Exile got back stabbed while throwing her lightsaber, it is the most shameful death for a known unique Jedi master who defeat 3 most powerful Sith Lords ever in universe

Look at other "ordinary" Jedis, their deaths are at least heroic, such as got outnumbered by clone army, get shot by legendary bounty hunter in an attempt to kill Count Dooku, outnumbered by droid army, die fighting a powerful Sith who use double blade lightsaber, die fighting a powerful Sith Lord in an arrest attempt....but the Exile got back stabbed throwing her lightsaber while the premise say she killed 3 most powerful Sith Lords before, have Precognition and unique state, it is unacceptable

As for Revan, i totally reject TOR and canon Revan, it doesn't make sense at all. I wish there will be KotOR 3 that wash away all these nonsense

Even HK-47 is more powerful than Revan (sure, he's awesome, but still).

Yeah, like the rest, pretend there is no Revan book, there is no TOR plot, and with all of us you still wait for KOTOR3 for the epic resolution of Revan and Exile vs. The True Sith. Hopefully by Obsidian, since BioWare proves they will obviously make it bad...

Start writing letters to Disney then.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think, the best way to "kill" both character to start a new story is....in an attempt to defeat a powerful Sith Lord, The Exile have to suck Revan power and unleash the unlimited power to the Sith Lord and blast him into oblivion. The process kill them both, Revan killed because being drained, The Exile killed because overloaded with unlimited power being the Force black hole. At least it make sense provided the premise being established by both games. It may sound similar like Transformers 2 where Optimus "absorbing" the old Decepticon power (forgot his name) but it can be accepted, rather than killed stupidly being back stabbed while throwing lightsaber, it is a bad way to "kill" the character that being established as unique Jedi

• Like 1

I seriously had no idea that was Kreia until some thread pointed me at it, and I started reading the codex.

I so wish I was remained unknowing :(

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

The only connection I see to that being Kreia is that Karpashyn, who wasn't even the writer on that segment, thought it was.

Which isn't very meaningful. Even author intent gets undone by later authors. Just look at... well, the subject we're already discussing.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

There is a codex entry you get upon defeating her that makes it painfully clear they intended that to be Kreia.

:/

I don't understand why anyone thought that a good idea either...

^

It is not a good idea, Kreia is dead, if Kreia is not dead, then why bother we kill her in KotOR 2? Not only that, Kreia is not dark side, she despise both light and dark extremes, she's unique.

From what i understand in kotOR 2, Kreia want to establish "new" religion out of Jedi and Sith, she despise both, so she train The Exile in her own philosophy

if in that video above is Kreia, then it destroy the premise built about her in KotOR 2, not to mention that woman in the video look nothing like her

• Like 1

Bioware had done a great job that even 100000 Deathstars or Nihiliuses can't do. They totally wrecked havoc of the Star Wars universe. They really know how to ruin every hope of fans of KoTOR(they did the same on Mass Effect). 
I don't know if it can be undone but the timeline that build in TOR must be altered one way or another.
They really worked hard to spoil the deepness that Obsidian created. They sucked tthe character's personalities to water TOR; but TOR is a drier than Great Sahra desert; it consumed them to the last drop...
I really hope Obsidian will make KoTOR 3.

• Like 1

I think both TOR anf the book can be ignored if Obsidian make KotOR 3, why would that book being ultimate canon for Knight of Old Republic? There is nothing prevent anyone make own sequel of this series. TOR is not KotOR, it is a different game. For me, KotOR canon must be from KotOR games, not from books or other media and not from other games

Edited by Qistina

There's a very easy way to do this.

Don't.

It's usually what I do when a series takes a very stupid turn. Just choose a cut-off point and figure out for yoirself how things would be going from there.

Saves you headaches.

• Like 1

I disagree, if someone can create another version of what happen to Revan and Exile, no one can argue. The book and TOr is just alternate universe, interpreted by the writers and Bioware, even Bioware themselves taking other sources in EU in the making of KotOR.

KotOR is a serries of it's own, TOR is on it's own, and so many other EU stuffs. If want to take all EU stuff as canons then Star Wars is in ruin long ago. Just look at low grade stories and comics that have Star Wars stamp on it.

By means there is no canon of Revan or Exile other than in KotOR game itself, if it taken from outside KotOR game, it can't be considered as canon because they are not KotOR. Similar like we can't take any EU stuff as Star Wars canon other than Star Wars movies itself.

So, if i can make out my own story about Revan and Exile, i will make it, sadly i am not English user, if i do will it automatically considered "canon" if it become a best selling book or comic? Or it need Lucas Art or Disney liscencing? Or it's only a fan art and head canon?

Kotor 2 was the best in telling Revan's Motivations,using any means necessary to protect the galaxy,and it becomed the black sheep of the SW EU since Star Wars is always about evil vs good.
bioware didn't make this game and disliked it how revan and the story was handled,so retconed the cold,brutal calculating tactictian that was in Kotor 2 that becomed the sith lord out of necessety into the stereotypical jedi knight mind-controlled  from all along by this emperor to fall into the dark side,disgusting
and the exile now is canonized as a female with the ridicolous name of Meetra Surik,is no longer the force anomally that was before,leeching force from his\her allies but inspiring them at the same time,and is now an average jedi knight fangirl of Revan
bastila waiting to be old and not going to find Revan? BS

and Scourge having a 'vision' to say that revan isn't the guy to defeat the emperor and betrays him stabbing the exile in the back and Revan is put into stasis just TO BE IN TOR !!!!,WTF bioware?and the guy that was supposed to kill the 'emperor' is the JK with NO experience,with no Tactic nature,he had nothing that revan had or the exile that killed wounds in the force capable of destroying planets ,the same character has 930000 copies in SWTOR running around? BS this cheapens Revan even more
the true sith that were mentioned in Kotor 2 by Kreia maked me wonder how powerful they were to force Revan into making the sith empire and revolt against the republic?
pfff nothing special just a bad copy of the galactic empire,
the mandalorians were preparing for a war against the true sith? NOPE just 'protecting' the republic even with canderous sayed that something was coming,he traveled with the exile to know about Revan. and now worst  of all the mandalorians are now allies with the empire
just horrible EAware,just horrible
i wanted to see the mandalorians ravanging the sith with basilisk war droids commanded by canderous,Revan and the Exile stand side to side killing off the ancient sith,Revan's Sith empire to arise and fight brutally the true sith if Revan is set DS,Bastila Using her battle meditation,HK using his sniper-assassin skills,all the republic fleet commanded by Carth if LS,the lost jedi (Brianna,Bao-dur,Atton,Visas) rebuilding the jedi\sith order depending on training
i feared that we will never know what obsidian planned to do,judging by the interviews,they were setting something really big like a successfull version of ME3,at least what i thinked that should have been
So yes OP i fully agree with you,
please,guys, let me know what do you think about my opinion

• Like 2

I think everyone agrees that everything related to TOR(novels, comics, the idiotic MMO and so on) is complete and utter garbage. Lucas botched everything.....Disney is erasing some Marvel crap right now so we can only hope that next on the chopping block is all this worthless trash. They need to re-release KotOR I&II, erase all TOR garbage from existence and then make KotOR III from the ground up, clean slate.

• Like 1

1zq6793.jpg

I think everyone agrees that everything related to TOR(novels, comics, the idiotic MMO and so on) is complete and utter garbage. Lucas botched everything.....Disney is erasing some Marvel crap right now so we can only hope that next on the chopping block is all this worthless trash. They need to re-release KotOR I&II, erase all TOR garbage from existence and then make KotOR III from the ground up, clean slate.

i don't think so, that would make a mess confusing people,and what remains of LA won't allow that because they love the stupid canon rule,the story now in TOR is canon,and they won't bother to change it,they are too lazy.they are too stupid,everyone wants Kotor 3 except Biodrones,and EA certanly won't ditch TOR,source of golden eggs that convinced back in 2005 LA to cancel Kotor 3 and set up TOR,the same that has bought Bioware,the same that now has control over SW game production,here's why we won't see Kotor 3,at least not by obsidian

i want Kotor 3 so badly,to finish Revan's Story once and for good,but at its best we have to hope in modders if we want it,because its not gonna make it,sadly thanks to EA\LA\Bioware,because all they want its money.

damn i hate disney for this too.

Kotor 2 was the best in telling Revan's Motivations,using any means necessary to protect the galaxy,and it becomed the black sheep of the SW EU since Star Wars is always about evil vs good.

bioware didn't make this game and disliked it how revan and the story was handled,so retconed the cold,brutal calculating tactictian that was in Kotor 2 that becomed the sith lord out of necessety into the stereotypical jedi knight mind-controlled  from all along by this emperor to fall into the dark side,disgusting

and the exile now is canonized as a female with the ridicolous name of Meetra Surik,is no longer the force anomally that was before,leeching force from his\her allies but inspiring them at the same time,and is now an average jedi knight fangirl of Revan

and Scourge having a 'vision' to say that revan isn't the guy to defeat the emperor and betrays him stabbing the exile in the back and Revan is put into stasis just TO BE IN TOR !!!!,WTF bioware?and the guy that was supposed to kill the 'emperor' is the JK with NO experience,with no Tactic nature,he had nothing that revan had or the exile that killed wounds in the force capable of destroying planets ,the same character has 930000 copies in SWTOR running around? BS this cheapens Revan even more

the true sith that were mentioned in Kotor 2 by Kreia maked me wonder how powerful they were to force Revan into making the sith empire and revolt against the republic?

the mandalorians were preparing for a war against the true sith? NOPE just 'protecting' the republic even with canderous sayed that something was coming,he traveled with the exile to know about Revan. and now worst  of all the mandalorians are now allies with the empire

i wanted to see the mandalorians ravanging the sith with basilisk war droids commanded by canderous,Revan and the Exile stand side to side killing off the ancient sith,Revan's Sith empire to arise and fight brutally the true sith if Revan is set DS,Bastila Using her battle meditation,HK using his sniper-assassin skills,all the republic fleet commanded by Carth if LS,the lost jedi (Brianna,Bao-dur,Atton,Visas) rebuilding the jedi\sith order depending on training

i feared that we will never know what obsidian planned to do,judging by the interviews,they were setting something really big like a successfull version of ME3,at least what i thinked that should have been

Yes i agree with you. It seems to be in game industry today what is important to them is making money, they don't care about "art" anymore, the "art" is not just graphic, the "art" is everything, the product. Even the previous KotORs are "ancient" games and system but i find out they are more worth to play than any modern grapically boosted games such as Skyrim. So they just fill in the games with BS for players to play, make up it with graphic, copy everything from WoW and then call it Star Wars. Of course KotOR have some DnD layout, but it just minor and i don't feel it being DnD. TOR is WoW.

In both games, the main character is unique character, they are not like any Jedi (or even Sith) ever existed. They are detached from the common Jedi thrope. But sadly the canon ending now making them just ordinary common Jedi. I don't know how they decided to destroy the premise they themselves made?

Let see

i. Revan no matter light or dark, left the known galaxy in search of the mystery of the True Sith

ii. The Exile who is a "leech" Jedi also left the known galaxy, to find Revan, to help Revan with whatever Revan is facing

iii. Revan no matter light or dark, ask Canderous to be prepare for his/her return, that is to face the incoming war of belief, the war that everyone destroying everyone

iv. Lightside Revan asking Carth Onasi/Bastila to keep the Republic strong, prepare for the incoming war

v. Revan no matter light or dark never really have war with the Republic, he/she just using the infinite armada as a diversion, as a cause to make everybody move, the Jedi, the Republic, everyone to move and not become stagnant, it is for preparing to face the unspeakable war that will come

vi. Kreia training The Exile not a Jedi or Sith, it is for The Exile to understand both extremes and not bias toward the "religion". It is for preparing The Exile toward the incoming war.

vii. Kreia try to destroy both extemes of Jedi and Sith. Kreia said that Revan need allies no matter Jedi or Sith for the incoming war. The extreme belief is only to blind the Force users from seeing the truth.

viii. Both Revan and The Exile must leave their love ones, because such attachment is dangerous in the place they going

ix. Revan was mind wiped by the Council, it is mind control technique. revan lost his/her memory

x. The Council also can cut of the Force from any Jedi

xi. The Exile lost memory from the past because he/she cut off him/herself from the Force

xii. Battle Meditation is a mass mind control power. Bastila have mastered it

xiii. Rakatan peoples are extreme Force users and they build their empire by it. They lost their connection to the Force.

That is the premise of KotOR so far...what is the premise of TOR? It totally destroy it.

That is why in my other thread i suggest that the "True Sith" is actually building a mind control machine that will control everyone and making peoples fight each other. That is just my conclusion. TOR story however unrelated to everything that being presented in KotOR.

In my opinion, the threat is related to mind control thing. To fight it also must be related to mind control technique such as Battle Medation of Bastila. The reason why Revan must leave everyone is because of fear they will fighting each other. The reason why revan want to break the Jedi is because to face this threat, the Jedi cannot be conservatives, or else they are easily being played by the true enemy. The reason why The Exile must be unbias is because he/she must see things clearly to make decisions. The Exile must not be blinded by both etremes of jedi and Sith teaching. The Mandalorian War is NOT Mandalorian choice isn't it? So i believe it is because they are mind controlled.

The truth is Light, Dark and Neutral are all THE FORCE. Jedi only focus on light side, Sith only focus on dark side, they become conservatives, stagnant, unchanged, extremists...that what destroy each other. What Kreia taught both Revan and Exile is about "The Force" and not just one sided view. So the "True Sith" i think is the master of the Force like the Rakatan peoples. The Rakatan even navigate their ships using the Force and not engine. So the "true Sith" must be related with Rakatan and their technology. Rakatan lost their connection to the Force because of "something".

i suspect that KotOR 3 must reach that conclusion, not like what in  the novel or TOR

Just my opinion anyway.

Edited by Qistina
  • Like 1

Yes i agree with you. It seems to be in game industry today what is important to them is making money, they don't care about "art" anymore, the "art" is not just graphic, the "art" is everything, the product. Even the previous KotORs are "ancient" games and system but i find out they are more worth to play than any modern grapically boosted games such as Skyrim. So they just fill in the games with BS for players to play, make up it with graphic, copy everything from WoW and then call it Star Wars. Of course KotOR have some DnD layout, but it just minor and i don't feel it being DnD. TOR is WoW.

In both games, the main character is unique character, they are not like any Jedi (or even Sith) ever existed. They are detached from the common Jedi thrope. But sadly the canon ending now making them just ordinary common Jedi. I don't know how they decided to destroy the premise they themselves made?

Let see

i. Revan no matter light or dark, left the known galaxy in search of the mystery of the True Sith

ii. The Exile who is a "leech" Jedi also left the known galaxy, to find Revan, to help Revan with whatever Revan is facing

iii. Revan no matter light or dark, ask Canderous to be prepare for his/her return, that is to face the incoming war of belief, the war that everyone destroying everyone

iv. Lightside Revan asking Carth Onasi/Bastila to keep the Republic strong, prepare for the incoming war

v. Revan no matter light or dark never really have war with the Republic, he/she just using the infinite armada as a diversion, as a cause to make everybody move, the Jedi, the Republic, everyone to move and not become stagnant, it is for preparing to face the unspeakable war that will come

vi. Kreia training The Exile not a Jedi or Sith, it is for The Exile to understand both extremes and not bias toward the "religion". It is for preparing The Exile toward the incoming war.

vii. Kreia try to destroy both extemes of Jedi and Sith. Kreia said that Revan need allies no matter Jedi or Sith for the incoming war. The extreme belief is only to blind the Force users from seeing the truth.

viii. Both Revan and The Exile must leave their love ones, because such attachment is dangerous in the place they going

ix. Revan was mind wiped by the Council, it is mind control technique. revan lost his/her memory

x. The Council also can cut of the Force from any Jedi

xi. The Exile lost memory from the past because he/she cut off him/herself from the Force

xii. Battle Meditation is a mass mind control power. Bastila have mastered it

xiii. Rakatan peoples are extreme Force users and they build their empire by it. They lost their connection to the Force.

That is the premise of KotOR so far...what is the premise of TOR? It totally destroy it.

That is why in my other thread i suggest that the "True Sith" is actually building a mind control machine that will control everyone and making peoples fight each other. That is just my conclusion. TOR story however unrelated to everything that being presented in KotOR.

In my opinion, the threat is related to mind control thing. To fight it also must be related to mind control technique such as Battle Medation of Bastila. The reason why Revan must leave everyone is because of fear they will fighting each other. The reason why revan want to break the Jedi is because to face this threat, the Jedi cannot be conservatives, or else they are easily being played by the true enemy. The reason why The Exile must be unbias is because he/she must see things clearly to make decisions. The Exile must not be blinded by both etremes of jedi and Sith teaching. The Mandalorian War is NOT Mandalorian choice isn't it? So i believe it is because they are mind controlled.

The truth is Light, Dark and Neutral are all THE FORCE. Jedi only focus on light side, Sith only focus on dark side, they become conservatives, stagnant, unchanged, extremists...that what destroy each other. What Kreia taught both Revan and Exile is about "The Force" and not just one sided view. So the "True Sith" i think is the master of the Force like the Rakatan peoples. The Rakatan even navigate their ships using the Force and not engine. So the "true Sith" must be related with Rakatan and their technology. Rakatan lost their connection to the Force because of "something".

i suspect that KotOR 3 must reach that conclusion, not like what in  the novel or TOR

Just my opinion anyway.

try to look at the fonts of TOR,they are the same of Kotor,but TOR ain't nothing to do with kotor,why call this thing 'Sequel' 'Kotor 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10' like that ignorant bioware dev told.

yes just look at the empire in TOR,it's obviously heavily based from the Galactic Empire,hierarchy:Emperor,Dark Council,Imperial Officers,Imperial Troopers(the imperial senate was like the dark council) TOR empire its just a different timeline and more dark jedis.

i hate that cheap explanation 'it's because palp wanted to inspire from the sith empire' 

take a look

impmoffs.png

imptrop.png

impguard.png

i don't know what the hell they had in mind,but if they wanted to do mmos about a bad copy of the empire just put it in the damn future like 300 ABY or something so you can justify the similarity,and let us have a Kotor 3

another thing is the continuity,they even cared about it 

for example malak's height

KOTOR

KotOR0002b_Med.jpg

TOR 

Birth_Darth_Revan_Darth_Malak-1-.jpg

?????????????????

or

Bastila

Revan_Shan_Darth_Malak.jpg??????

'i'm not totally free from the dark side,i fear that temptation will be too high to handle,i must stay here and use my battle meditation to help the republic fleet'

it was easy to guess who made the republic fleet win using a battle meditation,unless,of course they retconed that the sith had only 1 ship at the star forge's defense

and i don't know why they put revan a starkillerish pose.

or the jedi being alive after malak shot on the bridge of revan's mothership,with Kotor's Cutscene being clear that were no survivors aside from Revan\Bastila

i don't which game bioware played,or lucasarts made the timeline with the stupid canon rule 'impossible must happen,even if its mathematically impossible'

With all the discrepencies of TOR, it is justified if Obsidian or anyone creating KotOR 3 based on the premise of KotOR 1 and 2. We can consider TOR as "alternate universe" for MMO and not as KotOR sequel.

We can see there are many versions or alternate versions of X-Men, Superman, Transformers and many others. It is nothing wrong if KotOR maintain it's own storyline and identity. As i said TOR can be an alternate universe for MMO while KotOR is KotOR the universe of single player

If Lucas Art or Disney or anyone who is related to Star Wars is wise, they should being rigid about "canon". By the way the game itself give liberty to the player to shape own Revan and Exile, what canon is "canon" if the prmise of the story is shape own destiny? It is not a novel or a movie, it is a game. Even Star Wars itself changed  from the original, the Star Wars Trilogy have many changes in it.

So it's nothing wrong to release KotOR 3, not wrong in the Star Wars universe, not wrong in the narrative and not wrong legally