The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2014]

Rosbjerg

The only thing that trailer is missing is someone from CDPR dropping the mic and walking off the stage at the end.

10p7xu1.gif

They are the undisputed heavyweight trailer champions of the world.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"We missed you!

Today we got a look at the third trailer for the witcher 3 wild hunt. We hope you liked it!

There's much more to the game that it's just impossible to show everything within two and a half minutes.

Most importantly, we showed you a preview of our main characters:

Geralt's close friends and some of the last witchers remaining in the world. Vesemir, Eskel, and Lambert will play a big part in the game, as well as their famous fortress, Kaer Morhen.

You also got a glimpse of the renowned bard Dandelion and the sorceress, Triss Merigold.

Emhyr Var Emhyreis, Emperor of Nilfgaard, the most powerful man in the world of the Witcher also made an appearance. Recognise his voice?

And then there was Ciri!

And Yennefer!

By the way, if you're new to the series, don't worry, the game will provide you all the information you need to know, and you'll start loving (and battling) characters in no time!

Also you've been asking many questions about gameplay features and we're finally ready to answer some of them:

Yes, you will be able to fight on horseback.

The crossbow. Yup, Geralt has a ranged weapon. Because monsters fly and you can't stab them.

Remember swimming and sailing? You'll be able to dive and search for a lot of hidden stuff too. There's a whole underwater world to discover.

Horse racing anyone?

You also got to hear more music from the game. This particular track was composed by Marcin Przybyłowicz and Percival. We'd love to hear your feedback on our forums, facebook, or twitter etc.

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Team

CD Projekt RED

P.S. Have you seen the Witcher 3:Wild Hunt Collector's Edition video? What do you think of the figure?

P.S. If you still waiting for more, please be patient, we're just warming up!

Hidden message in the trailer. I really did like the trailer music.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Edit: I admit i'm somewhat worried about Yen's voice actress, she needs bite and class, the polar opposite of Triss hopefully.

I've spent the last month or so listening to a man do Yen's voice (pretty well actually). I'm not saying it's the easiest role but I don't think it will be that hard to find a good actress for it either.  I just... I almost want them to cast Peter Kenny so I don't have to make that mental adjustment. 

• Like 1

Swimming in the Witcher 3? The obvious joke must be made, Geralt always uses breaststroke.

Sorry.

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

No whores available for rafts then.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know nobody else who has roided up arms like that. The other witchers from the first game will play an significant part in 3, that much we know from trailers and the secret letter in the newest one, so if Letho will reappear...

fry-futurama-foaming-mouth-want-foam-135

My favorite foil in an RPG since Delita!

I wonder how they'll deal with this potential problem if you chose to do the fighting option at the end of TW2.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Haven't adjusted to Geralt's new look in the trailer, wouldn't have known it was him initially. But yeah, that didn't really tell me anything, and I'd personally just a character sculpture like the CE for Twitcher 2 than a somewhat awkward battle scene. But you can't win them all - I'll probably bite anyway provided I can fine an EU internet retailer who's prepared to send me one - the W2 CE wasn't sold in Australia, suspect this one won't be either. The other thing is regional pricing for the game on GOG right now is $90 reduced to $72, which doesn't compare well to the $90-something I managed to import the old CE from the UK for. Exchange rate is worse now though so I expect to pay more. Kickstarter's sort of conditioned me to be happy to pay triple figures for a game provided it's a game I like, by a company I like, and it gives me commensurate extras.

As for the carryover choice between games - well, previously it's been demonstrated that while there's a lot of care in handling C&C within a game, they're less shy about changing continuity between titles. I do wonder though that perhaps they feel more obliged to cater for it because of their reputation for 'choice'.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've been told that the CE is an EB/ Gamestop exclusive, there will be copies in Australia for the cheap price of 200AUD and NZ- $329, which is... around 250USD (not a typo, I went to ebgames nz and checked, it's $329, $349 for consoles) at current exchange rates, so only around 100USD more expensive than in the US. And for some reason near 80USD more expensive than Australia. Farcical.

Plus not only do we get to pay Aussie rates on digital games, we have to pay Aussie dollars too, so don't get even get the benefit of no currency fees. Utter asterisking joke. Not an issue for me personally as I have a britty credit card as well as an NZ one and know what remailers/ VPNs are, but the whole feeling is of someone giving one's corn flakes a golden shower, of the non compressed maize meal variety.

I've been told that the CE is an EB/ Gamestop exclusive, there will be copies in Australia for the cheap price of 200AUD and NZ- $329, which is... around 250USD (not a typo, I went to ebgames nz and checked, it's $329, $349 for consoles) at current exchange rates, so only around 100USD more expensive than in the US. And for some reason near 80USD more expensive than Australia. Farcical.

Plus not only do we get to pay Aussie rates on digital games, we have to pay Aussie dollars too, so don't get even get the benefit of no currency fees. Utter asterisking joke. Not an issue for me personally as I have a britty credit card as well as an NZ one and know what remailers/ VPNs are, but the whole feeling is of someone giving one's corn flakes a golden shower, of the non compressed maize meal variety.

Their CE for Witcher 2 is available all over the place. No way would they make this a Gamestop exclusive. Not how that company operates.

I see Amazon UK have it listed, and while Amazon don't ship games here, it hopefully means there are no exclusivity agreements and that the usual suspects like OGS, Zavvi/TheHut and Base will carry it. Amazon's list price is 95GBP, so about 80GBP without VAT, which is ~$135USD, so it works out cheaper than the US.

Aside, I have a couple credit cards which have no foreign transaction/currency conversion fees, so that aspect's not been a worry for me as well, and these are commonly available Australian cards, not foreign cards. No idea if that kind of deal is available in NZ of course. For the Aussies out there, you really should get either a 28 Degrees (GE Money) card or a Bankwest Zero Platinum card, if not both. :) (I've also heard that Citibank offers a fee-free Visa Debit card, but haven't really looked into it myself)

EDIT: Bankwest also has the More Rewards Platinum card with no foreign fees, but unlike the other cards listed has an annual fee of $130. On the flipside, it has, as the name suggests, rewards points. Apparently the calculation is that you'd need to spend about $15000 on it annually to break even with the annual fee, but if you do then it's a great choice for an all-in-one solution for both local and international spending. Otherwise you'd be better off going with one of the listed completely fee-free card for foreign purchases and a no-annual-fee rewards card for local spending.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Their CE for Witcher 2 is available all over the place. No way would they make this a Gamestop exclusive. Not how that company operates.

It's not a CDP/R product, outside of Poland. It's distributed by Namco-Bandai (WB in North America) who most definitely do operate that way, hence the reason it has regional pricing at all. But I should have clarified that it is- so far as I know- exclusive to EB/ Gamestop in Aus/ NZ only. Regular edition is certainly available for preorder everywhere here, CE ain't.

I see Amazon UK have it listed, and while Amazon don't ship games here, it hopefully means there are no exclusivity agreements and that the usual suspects like OGS, Zavvi/TheHut and Base will carry it. Amazon's list price is 95GBP, so about 80GBP without VAT, which is ~$135USD, so it works out cheaper than the US.

Yeah, it ain't going to effect me in any case as I know how to get around such things, and it was always likely I'd go cdwow or equivalent if the price differential was too high. It's just irritating, arbitrary and stupid that I have to get around them. I don't particularly care about getting a CE (don't like the included model, plus it is just too expensive to justify even at the US/UK price) in any case, but... how on earth can anyone justify that ludicrous mark up as anything other than gouging? And that makes part of me want to tell them to asterisk off just on principle.

Edited by Zoraptor

• Like 1

One must admit that pushed the right buttons personally and I think i'll indulge in a pre - order,

Holy smoke, this post highlights just how impressive that trailer really is

Any company that can pierce the phlegmatic exterior of an English gentleman and create a modicum of excitement is good....really, really good.

Well done CDPR, if you can galvanize interest from the English this game will be a winner !!!

:biggrin:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I know nobody else who has roided up arms like that. The other witchers from the first game will play an significant part in 3, that much we know from trailers and the secret letter in the newest one, so if Letho will reappear...

he may appear but only if you have not killed him in witcher 2 and load that save at the start of witcher 3 (it was confirmed that the choices of 2, if you import the save, will create alterations to the world of 3)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

he may appear but only if you have not killed him in witcher 2 and load that save at the start of witcher 3 (it was confirmed that the choices of 2, if you import the save, will create alterations to the world of 3)

I never killed Letho, I thought he made a convincing argument about why he was involved in the assassinations

For me the survival of the Witchers was more important that the killings of some rulers.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Couldn't kill him, coz he simply convinced me.

All that pr must have cost a ****ton of monis.

Loved Witcher 2, liked the new trailer, going to buy it on release.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i did not kill him either, because at that point it was pointless with everything that happened in the meantime

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I never killed Letho either. I liked the guy. 

He completely f*cked the north for his nostalgic reunion.

No it was much more than that, the reality is the school of vipers were also extinct. The Nilfgaardian Empire promised to resurrect them. If I had to choose between extinction of my people and the Nilfgaardian empire ruling over some kingdoms I would choose the Nilfgaardians. Its a question of survival, so for me Letho did what he had to do not out of malice or self-enrichment but for the greater good of his kind

John Milton 

He needed us to cover for him for one king and missed another altogether, clearly incompetent.

Naah, he didn't need Geralt for anything, he was just collateral damage, in fact it kinda bit him in the rear.

He did maybe overestimate Serrit and Auckes' abilities, but it was necessary for him to get to Loc Muinne in time. 2 kings were already dead and so he hedged his bets

Edited by Nordicus

I never killed Letho either. I liked the guy. 

He completely f*cked the north for his nostalgic reunion.

The north done ****ed itself.  Sure, Letho didn't help matters, but the northern kingdoms were already in the process of disintegrating. 

In my canon playthrough, I spared Letho also.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

He needed us to cover for him for one king and missed another altogether, clearly incompetent.

Naah, he didn't need Geralt for anything, he was just collateral damage, in fact it kinda bit him in the rear.

He did maybe overestimate Serrit and Auckes' abilities, but it was necessary for him to get to Loc Muinne in time. 2 kings were already dead and so he hedged his bets

Was talking about the fat king, who I will take to be canonically dead in my game if at all possible. Would've been great to go four out of four!

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G