Origin Sales

Serrano

Don't usually see one of these eh? 

I just thought some of you may be interested to know that Battlefield 4 is currently 40% off, meaning you can buy it now for £25 rather than £45

Battlefield Bad Company 2 is also on sale for £1, this is beyond a good deal, the multiplayer and single player are both great fun and well worth owning if you like FPS games. 

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

Apparently more things are on sale, those two are the ones that Origin did pop-ip afs for; 

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/28/battlefield-4-mass-effect-3-and-simcity-among-origins-black-friday-deals/

Battlefield 4 - £27

SimCity - £22.50

FIFA 14 - £28

Battlefield 3 - £6

Battlefield 3 (+ Premium) - £14

The Sims 3 - £15

The Sims 3: Expansion #1-23,462 - £Various

Crysis 3 - £6

Dead Space 3 - £6   (If you like co-op shooters like Resident Evil 5 or Left 4 Dead then you'll probably want this one too.)

Mass Effect 3 - £4

Mass Effect Trilogy - £16

C&C: Ultimate Collection - £10

Dragon Age: Origins, Ultimate Edition - £10

Dragon Age 2 - £6

Edited by Serrano

Are you sure you've got those prices right? BF4 for £45? That's crazy.

In my region (which is actually Ukraine, not Russia, but I don't think EA knows the difference) the normal price (the slashed one) for BF4 exclusive digital edtion on Origin is 1499 rubels (£27.70) and on discount sale it's 889.40 rubels (£16.62).

(Signatures: disabled) 

Pfft BF4 is usually ~82USD here, or ~52UKP. Brits got it eeeeasy.

Unbelievably this sale appears to not only be happening here but to be using 'proper' prices as well. Mirror's Edge for less than a cup of coffee! Shame I already own it. The only thing I'm really interested in potentially is Mass Effect dlc (which isn't on sale? Or are BW points on sale?) and as always the Origin website either doesn't sell them or makes it unnecessarily hard to find.

OTOH the Origin client actually asked before updating, and gave me the option to go offline instead. That's rather better than some other clients out there.

• Like 1

Are you sure you've got those prices right? BF4 for £45? That's crazy.

In my region (which is actually Ukraine, not Russia, but I don't think EA knows the difference) the normal price (the slashed one) for BF4 exclusive digital edtion on Origin is 1499 rubels (£27.70) and on discount sale it's 889.40 rubels (£16.62).

Why do you think russian keys for origins and steam are resold so much?

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I have always said Origin is the better portal compared to Steam.

Origin doesn't accept my card, Steam does. I guess EA doesn't want my money. does that make their portal better? :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Origin doesn't accept my card, Steam does. I guess EA doesn't want my money. does that make their portal better? :lol:

Offline mode.

That's all.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

• 2 months later...

Offline mode.

That's all.

Just curious...have you used their offline mode recently? I'm not saying it's better, but I recall them saying something a while ago about how they were in the process of changing how the offline mode works, (or rather, how it sometimes doesn't). I've never had problems myself with it, but just curious...:)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Offline mode.

That's all.

Just curious...have you used their offline mode recently? I'm not saying it's better, but I recall them saying something a while ago about how they were in the process of changing how the offline mode works, (or rather, how it sometimes doesn't). I've never had problems myself with it, but just curious... :)

That was my response to sorophx's "Does that make their portal better?"

Origin's offline mode is infinity better, because (so far) it actually works 100% of the time for me. That's all I care about. I want to be able to play my games whenever I want. It's also why I was happy that SP:SOT went to Ubisoft, because I assumed they would be replacing the currently garbage Steamworks DRM with Uplay DRM because their offline mode works all the time as well. (No, I wont ever shut up about it until Valve actually fixes it.)

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I thought this was going to be a thread where we all said "I've never bought anything on Origin." Guess that makes me the fool, here.

No Amalur DLC on there? That's all I wanted.

A game that practically brought down the state of Rhode Island (yes, worthless state that could fit 10x into a typical county west of the Mississippi, I know, that's a whole other can of worms,) and you thought there was DLC for it?*

Scratch that, West of the Hudson River. RHODE ISLAND YOU ARE NOT EVEN A STATE, YOU'RE D.C. BUT WITH REPRESENTATION AND 1000% MORE POLITICAL CLOUT BECAUSE YOUR POPULATION IS ALMOST ENTIRELY WHITE INSTEAD OF ENTIRELY BLACK.

OH MY GAAAAH THE LASSBOSS IS A DRAAAAAGUUUUUUN THAT'S NEW TO FANTASY ALSO THE DOCKERS ARE TOTALLY NOT DARK ELVES FROM EVERYSINGLE FANTASY RPG FRANCHISE, AND THOSE HUMANS ARE NOT IMPERIALS AND NORDS FROM ELDER SCROLLS RHODE ISLAND TAXPAYERS YOU NEED TO DUMP MORE CASH INTO THIS IMMEDIATELY!

I vote that Rhode Island be assimilated as a county of Connecticut. I've hiked distances larger than the diameter of Rhode Island without even leaving a county in Oregon.

Ok, maybe I'm getting off track with the "Rhode Island doesn't deserve two ****ing senators" thing, but still... Rhode Island doesn't deserve two ****ing senators.

That is infinitely more financially beneficial than games bought on Origin.

Edited by AGX-17

Right now and until Feb 17th 6pm GMT you can get 50% off of all purchases by using the promo code "love". 

I don't suppose there's any way to use this on ME3 DLC, is there? 

Indirectly, you have to buy the bioware points from origin first using the love promo code, then use those to buy the ME3 dlc.  

Right now and until Feb 17th 6pm GMT you can get 50% off of all purchases by using the promo code "love".

Indirectly, you have to buy the bioware points from origin first using the love promo code, then use those to buy the ME3 dlc.

Assuming you can stomach the act of associating "love" and "EA Origin" in your brain long enough to complete the shameful act.

ZIIIIIIIIING

I thought this was going to be a thread where we all said "I've never bought anything on Origin." Guess that makes me the fool, here.

If it makes you feel any better, I've never bought anything on Origin. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

No Amalur DLC on there? That's all I wanted.

A game that practically brought down the state of Rhode Island (yes, worthless state that could fit 10x into a typical county west of the Mississippi, I know, that's a whole other can of worms,) and you thought there was DLC for it?*

Scratch that, West of the Hudson River. RHODE ISLAND YOU ARE NOT EVEN A STATE, YOU'RE D.C. BUT WITH REPRESENTATION AND 1000% MORE POLITICAL CLOUT BECAUSE YOUR POPULATION IS ALMOST ENTIRELY WHITE INSTEAD OF ENTIRELY BLACK.

OH MY GAAAAH THE LASSBOSS IS A DRAAAAAGUUUUUUN THAT'S NEW TO FANTASY ALSO THE DOCKERS ARE TOTALLY NOT DARK ELVES FROM EVERYSINGLE FANTASY RPG FRANCHISE, AND THOSE HUMANS ARE NOT IMPERIALS AND NORDS FROM ELDER SCROLLS RHODE ISLAND TAXPAYERS YOU NEED TO DUMP MORE CASH INTO THIS IMMEDIATELY!

I vote that Rhode Island be assimilated as a county of Connecticut. I've hiked distances larger than the diameter of Rhode Island without even leaving a county in Oregon.

Ok, maybe I'm getting off track with the "Rhode Island doesn't deserve two ****ing senators" thing, but still... Rhode Island doesn't deserve two ****ing senators.

That is infinitely more financially beneficial than games bought on Origin.

I still want the DLC!

Are you sure that works? It did not let me input any codes during the checkout—it seems buying fake internet currency is handled differently as purchasing actual games.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Are you sure that works? It did not let me input any codes during the checkout—it seems buying fake internet currency is handled differently as purchasing actual games.

I was able to input the code, but it didn't do anything.  "Vitural currencies" are listed as excluded from the promotion.