What you having for dinner tonight?

Gorth

It's basically the same traditional items but we are trying to do something completely non-traditional this year since I don't really care for Turkey, stuffing, or any of the other stuff

Okay, so don't leave us hanging :blink:

What exciting and different grub are you having this year?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

oh sorry Bruce

Nothing exciting

Braised short ribs

Scalloped potatoes

The wife thinks she has perfected her truffled mac and cheese which turned out not so great last time

Pumpkin cheesecake

Something else my wife is making

One of my wife's friends is also bringing a few things but I'm not sure what

EDIT: Forgot to mention maple bacon and onion kabobs

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

oh sorry Bruce

Nothing exciting

Braised short ribs

Scalloped potatoes

The wife thinks she has perfected her truffled mac and cheese which turned out not so great last time

Pumpkin cheesecake

Something else my wife is making

One of my wife's friends is also bringing a few things but I'm not sure what

EDIT: Forgot to mention maple bacon and onion kabobs

Yum, it sounds great :thumbsup:

Personally I love holiday periods like Easter and Xmas where you get the opportunity to eat delicious food and spend time with family and loved ones.

So I'm envious of Thanksgiving as its unique to the USA :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I made stir-fry sweet and sour shrimp with green pepper, onion, water chestnuts, pineapple and snow peas over wild rice.

No soy sauce (too much sodium) and the sweet and sour sauce had only 58 mg sodium in it.

Nice, very healthy :)

John Milton 

Christmas party tonight. :(

It is my considered opinion that Christmas parties are a pain in the behind unless I've organised them and have license to shoot anyone who attempts to force people to sing or perform in any way.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Honey and sweet mustard marinated chikcen, with Indian style wok fried vegetables, Dhal and Naan bread on the side. For dessert, chocolate filled raspberries and champagne.

and hopefully a lot of fun as a good night snack :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Honey and sweet mustard marinated chikcen, with Indian style wok fried vegetables, Dhal and Naan bread on the side. For dessert, chocolate filled raspberries and champagne.

and hopefully a lot of fun as a good night snack :)

I hope whoever she is doesn't mind you farting, because that sounds like a guaranteed methane-fest.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Christmas party tonight. :(

It is my considered opinion that Christmas parties are a pain in the behind unless I've organised them and have license to shoot anyone who attempts to force people to sing or perform in any way.

What food will you guys be eating? Let me guess, Roast Swan ...or maybe Wild Rabbit and Guinness Pie....or I know!!!! A British Xmas dinner is not a British dinner without Eel and Partridge....so you probably having an Eel broth with roasted Partridge :dancing:

I know my British culture you have to admit  :geek:

• Like 1

John Milton 

I'm making Pasta tonight with mushrooms, red onions and garlic. Then I'll use a good quality supermarket sauce. The sauce consists  of tomato, olive and chilli..yummy

John Milton 

I believe we're having Chinese.

-Elwood Blues

Christmas Cannibal Party then?  Dare not imagine what kind of toys would be in the Christmas Cracker at that kind of party.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Christmas Cannibal Party then?  Dare not imagine what kind of toys would be in the Christmas Cracker at that kind of party.

:lol:...that's good

You really are funny Amentep. I've only noticed it the last month or so. You are very good at your clever one-liners   :thumbsup:

John Milton 

:lol:...that's good

You really are funny Amentep. I've only noticed it the last month or so. You are very good at your clever one-liners   :thumbsup:

Thanks.  Sometimes I get lucky. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Huzzah!

-Elwood Blues

Yesterday I ate leftover fried rice and orange beef before rushing out and consuming some expensive drinks.

Made myself some eggs, toast, and sausage this morning. Drank green tea afterwards.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Allergic to something. Keep sniffling. Going to ...I don't know. Probably bacon and boiled potatoes.

-Elwood Blues

Tonight I had couscous and baked chicken breast, so very healthy and tasty.

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

For lunch I'm having a peanut butter sandwich. Not something I usually have or even like, but the other day I had a dream where I wanted super creamy Jiffy and was driving around everywhere looking for it but no one had it. Odd dream, since that type of peanut butter was never a staple in my parents house. When I idly told hub of this dream, he came back from a beer run that night with a jar of Skippy ("they didn't have Jiffy"). :lol:

So...hm. It's kinda sweet tasting. Sticks to the teeth tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I cooked pasta, then ate far too much. I always cook and eat too much starchy stuff in winter. But it's bloody freezing here just now. I can't work out why, but the house seems to have  a draft  in it.

-Elwood Blues

Lamb's kidneys slow-fried in a mix of olive oil, seal salt, thyme, and rosemary. Served wth boiled potatoes and carrots. Mustard and chutney on the side. Stout.

-Elwood Blues