Good Old Games

Gorth

Also:

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

Hmmmm.....

A final stab to Bethesda :devil::fdevil:

• Like 1

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Also:

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

Hmmmm.....

Nice of GOG

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm pretty sure it was next calendar year that Bethesda took over them (or sometime December 31st because of timezones. Maybe that's a limbo day where no one can sell it.)

Micro Forte still has the source code for Tactics. Interplay didn't think they could release it because Bethesda, and Bethesda didn't think they could release it because Interplay. I'm hoping they will finally release it next year.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Thank you. I didn't have FO2 or FO:T.

Neither do I, thx for the tip Majek :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If I were to put on my super-optimist hat, I'd hope that given the precedent of Bethesda having released Arena and Daggerfall as freeware, that these games get the same treatment.

That would not surprise me at all.

My super-optimistic hat says that this would establish a relationship between Bethesda and GOG, and we start seeing their other games on there.

I hope that's my super-optimistic hat.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

THERE IS NO GOG!!!!!!

Just a 404 error.

EDIT: Hopefully when they get it back up and running, they'll have it so you don't get coupons for games you already own.

EDIT X2: The Fallout 2 one for 75% off is kind of silly at this point.

Edited by babaganoosh13

Didn't have Fallout: Tactics, so got that... :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

EDIT: Hopefully when they get it back up and running, they'll have it so you don't get coupons for games you already own.

It isn't down. Just too much traffic. Took me an hour or so to get through.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Yeah, I gifted the 3 titels to friends who probably be interested in them. Can't be alone there :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Ok, just for Zor's sake I'll stop typing GoG and will from now on call it gOg.

edit: that is until the capitalization balance is restored

I'm really not that worried by how people capitalise it, everyone knows what is meant either way which is the important thing. It really was more of a question about why people capitalised it that way since it was illogical.

Got a sensible suggestion (ta, Hurlshot) so I'll go back to laughing at the people who do get very upset about things like lower case o's.

there are native english speaking people who swap they're with their and think it's right... o or O in an acronym is the least of the problems the english language has

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

So it's going to go under control of Bethesda, who have no current deal with GOG, presumably (as far as I can see, none of their titles are or have ever been available).

Bethesda the publisher is not there, but there is one Bethesda owned (via Arkane) title on GOG, Arx Fatalis.

Just picked up Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics. Always played on my original copies so it's good to have a digital copy now. :)

Worth mentioning that they are also free for (a very) limited time, so no excuse not click a few buttons and add them to your GOG account if you don't already have them. Even if you have the steam or boxed edition.

Edit: Yeah, just repeating information from previous page in case people are too lazy to click the previous page button.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, you know what they say about lazy people... they wont get Fallout for free.

But now they might. You broke the saying :alienani:

• Like 1

^

Thinking of picking up Papers, Please and Aarklash: Legacy

Has anyone played these or recommend them?

Papers, Please is pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot. However, despite how many endings it has, there isn't really any replay value. At least not in the short term. I wish I didn't spend 10 dollars on it. If you can find it for 5 or so, then snatch it up.

Never played the original Wastelands, and it's up for 2 dollar (1 euro 50) now... so what the heck? Got it!

^

• 4 weeks later...