A Kickstarted movie about Dungeons and Dragons' origins: The Great Kingdom

Needs help, only 12k pledged of the 50K goal!

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

We Are The Dwarves

photo-main.jpg?1403617643

Looks like a pretty interesting concept so far. Sorta Lost Vikings-ey.

Pity how this seems to be limping whilst that damned cat simulator thing is doing pretty well.

Edited by GhoulishVisage

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit old-school, but it looks to be a pretty solid game, if anyone's interested:

Midora

It's very reminiscent of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

It only needs like 20% more to hit its mark, and 6 days to do it. I don't think the project heads have been as successful at spreading the word as others, so please share this if you think anyone you know would be interested in it.

Another good one (that's actually already hit its goal, but still... it looks awesome!) is:

[url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lunarraygames/timespinner]Timespinner[/i]

It's kind of Chrono Trigger meets Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Wow... I sure botched that tag job, didn't I? :)

* Timespinner

Sorry about that. (Naturally, I didn't notice until after my edit duration had elapsed.)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

This isn't really Eternity related at all.  Well Kark why are you posting it then?  Good question.  Many of us more than just remember the Infinity Engine games fondly, a few of us likely gravitated towards them in the first place because they were ultimately based on something we already knew and loved.  Dungeons and Dragons.

Not everyone on the forums obviously cares about that original pen and paper RPG as much as everyone else but for me it will always be a source of many good memories.  So I feel the need to share a Kickstarter project that is sort of trying to share the history and story behind that game and the people who make it.  A couple of whom I actually had the pleasure of meeting, in some cases not knowing it until it was too late.

Anyway for those who hold the game at a special place in your heart check it out.  It has 5 days to go and is only about 50% of the way funded.  Fund it, don't fund it, hate it, whatever.  I just wanted to throw it out there for consumption.

Here is a link:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/720223857/the-great-kingdom

• Like 1

Well, this was bound to happen eventually.  Actually, we've already had a high profile Kickstarter failure in the form of Clang.  I didn't pledge to Yogventures, nor have I even heard of it until now, but sucks for the people that did.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Guest Slinky

These f*ckers are also trying something funny. Working on second game instead of one that was kickstarted? Why not.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/829559023/confederate-express/posts/911522

Who can say no to more beautiful pixel art <3 <3 <3

o/

Why can't we just let the graphics of early 90's rest in peace. Literally the only thing I don't miss from that era.

that's only true for engines that process light in a certain way in relation to textures. in newer engines this is solved

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yogventures cancelled, 567k vanished... Chris Roberts are u watching!!111

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/07/17/cancelled-kickstarter-game-yogventures-raised-over-500000-in-crowdfunding/

Developing game with $567k, from which ~20% was never actually paid, by company with little experience and developing game with over $48M by experienced developer are bit different beast that have much different risk factors. For example it is quite unlikely that Star Citizen will run out money without delivering some sort of game, although Star Citizen has to be quite high quality game if Roberts don't want lots angry supporters.

That whole Areal Kickstarter has been fascinating to follow.  It's sad on one hand, since the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is so near and dear to my heart and it pains me to see its name used for such an underhanded scam.  On the other hand, this has been such a bizarre trainwreck that it's endlessly comical and entertaining.  The "Putin letter" was the icing on the cake.  That was just... wow.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Revolution have backed down on their Steam-only physical copies decision for Broken Sword 5 and will provide DRM-free discs for boxed copy backers on request. Nice to get a result and all that, but it's getting predictable that all these projects are making the same mistake and all then having to incur the extra expense for correcting it. Who will be the next Kickstarter developer to fall to this assumption that everyone would settle for Steam?

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Braven Arts- a tactical JRPG. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1904078825/braven-arts-by-gomiya-games/

The battle system is what caught my interest- reminds me of Radiant Historia & Suikoden, mixed with Divinity Original Sin's environmental manipulation. And they are implementing a Day & Night NPC schedule- for anyone disappointed that feature got cut from D:OS :)

I might check this out if it ever gets released, but I am wary of backing it. They are two brothers that are doing their first KS project. I didn't read much of the KS page, but I'm not a fan of namedropping classic jrpgs and then show footage that in no way resemble those games. I wish them the best of luck.

I might check this out if it ever gets released, but I am wary of backing it. They are two brothers that are doing their first KS project. I didn't read much of the KS page, but I'm not a fan of namedropping classic jrpgs and then show footage that in no way resemble those games. I wish them the best of luck.

I can understand being wary, but I think this is the kind of Kickstarter project that deserves support the most.  That is, a very small, unknown developer who just needs enough money to pay for music and help with basic living expenses so they can work on the game full time.  If anything, I see the fact that they are brothers as a strength; less chance that one of them would suddenly abandon the project than if one of them was a hireling.  Of course I'm looking forward to PoE, Wasteland 2, etc. but it would be a crying shame if it ever got to the point where only projects from larger, established developers got funded and all of the small indie games fail because they don't have famous people on their team.   I'm willing to give them 10 bucks to Kickstart their project.  

I know what you mean about the name-dropping, but unfortunately it seems everyone does it.  I do see some Suikoden influence, but not really anything of FF or Chrono Trigger; battle system more closely resembles Radiant Historia than anything I think.  But hey, at least they actually have gameplay footage.  A lot of KS projects are just concept art / mockups (granted these days, those types of KS usually only succeed if they are done by well known developers).  

Edited by daveyd