What you did today

Rosbjerg

Balls. My sense of time has been completely out of whack this week. Keep thinking its a different day to what it is, then to top it off was meant to attend a webinar this afternoon but I thought it started an hour later then it did. >_<

I think what's bugging me most about it, is that I went out of my way to have reminders for it. I had my computer, my phone, all beeping away through the morning and noon doing the "Remember, you have X thing at 1430".

But how have you been sleeping, not well I assume?  :ermm:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bonus fun fact: "dicking," not censored by the naughty word filter. "****y," (i.e. arrogant, "roostery,") censored by the naughty word filter. "****y" is decidedly less offensive than "dicking.

Let's not forget ****tails and ****pit. I mean, even Shirley Temple?!

I guess it's dicktails and dickpits from now on, then. Can't say that seems much better.

I really REALLY don't like the idea of going for a date in a dicktail bar.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tonight its one of my good friends wives b-day so we going for dinner at really good Italian restaurant called Carraffa in Pretoria

They specialize in a 1 kg t-bone steak that they do in a Pizza oven. Its absolutely delicious :dancing:

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Been doing quite a bit of levelling up this week as I'm enduring messed up relationship issues and I bought my first car...a clean 2004 Suzuki Liana, it's nothing super special but Top Gear rated it best car for the money a few times :)

DSCN0003-714628.JPG

*edit*

This is just an image from Google btw.

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 4

Congrats Wderanged!

My first car, that I had in my name that is, is my '69 Volvo Amazon. And I wub it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

My first car was a tiny mid-70's blue 4 door Toyota Corolla sedan my parents bought for me for $600. The paint was still ok and it got good gas mileage. :- We had a lot of fun cruising to the beach and in the hills with the little thing.

...until some idiot crashed into the driver's side while making a left turn across 3 lanes of traffic, six months later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nice loot... I mean car :thumbsup:

My first car was an old Mitsubishi Celeste. It was already old when I bought it and it ran 6km per liter. Probably needed a complete engine overhaul, but I loved the old thing. It had nice leather seats too.

Edit: Mine was silver instead of black, but otherwise a good match:

7wlg.jpg

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein