List of most epic games from obyknven

obyknven

I'm not going to comment further as that is not what this thread is about. I mean I do want to derail it, but not with more drama. 

Nonsense, this is an Oby thread so long as we complain about Western capitalist corruption every few post we are still on point.

SO; when will bourgeois, libertarian Maria Caliban deign to answer or call? Typical Capitalist.

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So many haters in this tread. :-

If we consider only gameplay in games then all games are simulators. 3D actions are simulators of Bully, player travel through locations and hurt//loot weak ones. 4X Strategies IRL are simulators of boardgames, RTS are simulators of Shepherd. Even cRPG's IRL are simulator's of bodybuilder/garbage collector (no roleplay there). Games mask this fact by plot/setting but this camouflage not correlate with player activity and play same role as plot in first Doom.

Though some exceptions are exist. King's of Dragons Pass is exelent example of TRUE strategies as simulators of ruler.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/king-of-dragon-pass

http://youtu.be/DOxc_5o1TXo

Really? King of dragon pass isn't a very good simulator when you get down to it, much less one where you are a proper ruler

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Oby, you're rumbled. It was good while it lasted, I mean a masterclass in fact. But can you tell us who you are now?

I think Oby is you Monte..it makes sense on many levels, despite the attempts at speaking Russian the odd British jingoism seems to slip into his posts :skeptical:

Yes !!! Oby is Monte ....it makes sense !!!

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Oby, you're rumbled. It was good while it lasted, I mean a masterclass in fact. But can you tell us who you are now?

I think Oby is you Monte..it makes sense on many levels, despite the attempts at speaking Russian the odd British jingoism seems to slip into his posts :skeptical:

Or Wals...maybe Raithe, or it could really be a crazy Russian on the other side of web but I like to leave the mystery with its charms. Really, if I find out Oby is some greasy Russian who lives in a basement I will be disappointed.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Or Wals...maybe Raithe, or it could really be a crazy Russian on the other side of web but I like to leave the mystery with its charms. Really, if I find out Oby is some greasy Russian who lives in a basement I will be disappointed.

:lol:

Actually you could be on to something, I think Oby is Walsie !!!

Its funny but on my old forum I was fairly regularly accused of not being a real person and Trolling the whole time. Some people just didn't believe my outlook on topics, I'm not sure if its because I come across as overly positive but I was also asked " so who is your real account name" and " wow you are such a master troll"

And that's the one thing that really annoys me, when people for some reason don't believe I mean what I say when I spend time explaining my point :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Or Wals...maybe Raithe... Monte....

Why not Chris Avellone or  J.E. Sawyer?

Continue list by TRUE RPG's

Arcatera: The Dark Brotherhood - live dynamic word, active enemies, NPC don't want waste own time  to annoyed player and send him to GTFO. This game so epic and even don't have analogs. 

http://www.mobygames.com/game/arcatera-the-dark-brotherhood

http://youtu.be/QO1DkIgTdG0

Planescape: Torment. Also unique game, true roleplay. 

http://youtu.be/7s2Qkx3lN5s

All other "cRPG's"  can't be even named as RPG's in comparison with them.

Its funny but on my old forum I was fairly regularly accused of not being a real person and Trolling the whole time. Some people just didn't believe my outlook on topics, I'm not sure if its because I come across as overly positive but I was also asked " so who is your real account name" and " wow you are such a master troll"

And that's the one thing that really annoys me, when people for some reason don't believe I mean what I say when I spend time explaining my point :)

I will admit to not initially believing your "everybody's BFF in the whole wide world" schtick. Im still not 100% convinced but at least you're consistent and theres worse posters to have around than a nice guy. :thumbsup:

I will admit to not initially believing your "everybody's BFF in the whole wide world" schtick. Im still not 100% convinced but at least you're consistent and theres worse posters to have around than a nice guy. :thumbsup:

Thanks Gfted that's a nice thing to say but I don't think I'm everyone's BFF I just try to treat people with the same respect that I like to be treated with and I try to leave emotion out of debates :)

John Milton 

Thought he was just just Lord of the Flies under a new moniker, seems to be retired so not really an alt.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a sign of mental illness.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have nothing against "childish" games, some of the best games ever have been silly & "childish".  Super/Paper Mario, Rayman, Pikmin, Psychonauts, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Space Quest, just to name a few.  Just because a game appeals to a wide audience, including children, doesn't mean it can't appeal to adults.  Games don't have to be grim and/or gritty to be good.  I'm 37 years old and I still play "childish" games.  I say that with pride.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have nothing against "childish" games, some of the best games ever have been silly & "childish".  Super/Paper Mario, Rayman, Pikmin, Psychonauts, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, and Space Quest, just to name a few.  Just because a game appeals to a wide audience, including children, doesn't mean it can't appeal to adults.  Games don't have to be grim and/or gritty to be good.  I'm 37 years old and I still play "childish" games.  I say that with pride.

I agree, also the term "childish" is relative you and what you perceive it to mean.

John Milton 

2HCSUZ5ACYOANEYE5QOFEVP22F7F5NZH.preview

• Like 1

All other "cRPG's"  can't be even named as RPG's in comparison with them.

What, all the other RPGs are not Roll Playing Games? What do you have against Constantly Rolling Playing Games?

village_idiot.gif