SW: The Old Republic - Episode VI (The Old Menace)

Gorth

Start of old thread
End of old thread

Starting out with a rant...

Not impressed by the quality control of the (recent) Cartel Market items.

I've bought hypercrates of stuff in the past, kept some, sold most items (and used the credits for crafting materials).

But some of the things I did keep, I should probably had taken a better look at in the preview screen before keeping (or buying off the GTN).

The Diabloist (or Diablist or whatever the Sith robe set is called) still has an ugly, jagged edge skunk stripe. Even it was intentionally that it had a stripe, as at least one of the existing robes had a skunk stripe too, it sure as heck is unlikely it should be completely crumpled and jagged. Looks like bad mapping/texture.

Got the new Formal wear set, had intended to give it to Gault, as he's such a "snob", but the bling on the chest piece has some rather glaring errors. Either bad mesh or wayward normal map makes what should have been a piece of string jut out from his chest instead like a shark fin on his belly. Completely unusable.

I actually bothered to gather the Ragnos set, just for the antlers in my collection (go figure). Had this fun concept of a body type 3 jedi sentinel with antlers, simple leather pants, bare feet and hands and then the chest piece of the previously released brawler set. Sadly, the set is completely ruined by butt ugly butt flap that takes on skin colour no less. Just completely flat, textureless and skin colour. Unusable (they could do gamers everywhere a favour by simply removing the flap). Looks like he'll be bare chested using the covert energy armour instead. Also got some Gamorrean cleavers for him to dual wield.

I wonder if they ever intend to go back and fix/re-adjust some of those sets?

Still, got a relatively lucky hand with the latest pack though, minor grievances aside. Got both the Zeldrath, the Varactyl, 2 meditation chambers and almost complete sets of Ragnos and Visas' armour. Enough to complete them on the cheap. Might come in handy some day for future toons/companions.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The buggy butt flap on the brawler set is just in the preview window. It looks ok when equipped.

Would you look at that... right you are :)

Pictures cropped quite a bit, but you get the general idea. He couldn't really pose dual wielding outside of the preview window, as he doesn't have the advanced class for it, but you get the general idea of the character concept.

ju8u.jpg

e55z.jpg

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They seem to be getting better in fixing up old long-well-known bugs in the recent patches.

So here's hoping they continue that line and do fix all those old stuff up some day.

If the fashion show is on my SM-Jedi Shadow will be posted too soon :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

a few toons

sage heals

post-72-0-55671700-1382767927_thumb.jpg

dps guardian

post-72-0-72189900-1382768011_thumb.jpg

vanguard tank

post-72-0-75978600-1382768127_thumb.jpg

sorc

post-72-0-79256500-1382768218_thumb.jpg

gunslinger

post-72-0-41374000-1382768257_thumb.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"gunslinger" :p

I like your grey bearded guardian. What's the armour the Vanguard's wearing, is that some of those "event" reward pieces?

@Spider: Is it just my imagination or has your guy gained a bit of weight? I think I got the skull mask in my ship storage bay, not "consumed" and bound to my account yet.

Edit: Finally finished chapter 3 with my Powertech today. Then got sent off to Ilum.

Edit2: How do people take screenshots of their characters outside the preview window? The only way I can get them to stand still when rotating the camera is if they are stuck in a dance loop (and the look somewhat silly dancing for the camera).

Hold Down left mouse button and then just turn the screen.

And yeah my marauder isn't exactly slim. I played him just to get the class buff, so knew it was a character I wouldn't care much for. So I set out to make him as ugly as I could.

I kind of do like the barbarian feel with the two axes though so got those long ago, and with the brawler sets it started to fall into place. The helmet was the kicker though. The head on that character is ugly as he'll, so it needs a good looking helmet to hide it. Not many helmets look very good on that frame though.

Gromnir I really like your vanguard, good mixing and matching there.

Edited by Spider

"gunslinger" :p

I like your grey bearded guardian. What's the armour the Vanguard's wearing, is that some of those "event" reward pieces?

@Spider: Is it just my imagination or has your guy gained a bit of weight? I think I got the skull mask in my ship storage bay, not "consumed" and bound to my account yet.

Edit: Finally finished chapter 3 with my Powertech today. Then got sent off to Ilum.

Edit2: How do people take screenshots of their characters outside the preview window? The only way I can get them to stand still when rotating the camera is if they are stuck in a dance loop (and the look somewhat silly dancing for the camera).

the vanguard has on an eclectic collection o'  legacy rep armour. the red tron stuff is from gree event. the weird welding helmet is imp-side makeb... which surprising doesnt change when you send to pub side... unlike section x guardian. boots is makeb pub side. 

dps powertech

post-72-0-63250900-1382806766_thumb.jpg

shadow tank

post-72-0-12972500-1382806842_thumb.jpg

sniper

post-72-0-29411300-1382806894_thumb.jpg

dps merc

post-72-0-20765000-1382806962_thumb.jpgpost-72-0-63523900-1382806986_thumb.jpg

am not sure why print screen doesnt work 100%. when it doesnt, we gotta complete quit swtor.  no biggie as we rare take screenies.

well, that is enough for us. am embarrassed to admit we have more, but...

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Right, here are a few of imine. These are the ones I've spent some effort on getting good looking gear.

My main, operative healer:

post-184-0-49841200-1382826024_thumb.png

pvp gear:

post-184-0-16020800-1382826032_thumb.png

dps gear:

post-184-0-61191300-1382826015_thumb.png

Next, vanguard tank that I don't really play much now, but thought I would when I levelled it. Also is my armormech so responsible for making most of my credits.

post-184-0-72434900-1382826043_thumb.png

More in next post (can upload more files in this).

Gorth... that is 'MacRoth'. Pretty much the look and armour from when he had his old name (only change is a new hair cut after the new styles became available). Together with the sexiest Houk this side of the core worlds.

9qlq.jpg

Close up of the "paint job" (stock face paint option from character generation. I sort of liked it, so I stuck with the hide head gear option

epl1.jpg

This is the idea I had for my sniper...

1w6u.jpg

But even from the front you can easily spot the graphical error.

vrub.jpg

This eyesore is then what I would have spent most of my time looking at. Not pretty (I don't think anyone can convince me the patchwork above is by design). So, I put him back in his Black Talon trench coat and German "Africa Corps" cap.

My other characters are relatively "boring", using either dropped moddable armour or self made through synthweaving/armourmech.

edit: NVM, here's my sorc and her husbandoo

Hey, that's the female version of the guy Hurlshot just posted above :p

shadow tank

Very "Star Warsy". Very nice actually. The dps merc is quite catchy too with the strong colours.

Tank gear:

What can I say? I like "themes" :)

I can't say I've done anything special with mine..

Sith Assassin:

SithAssassin_zps1fe4a002.jpg

Sith Warrior:

SithWarrior_zps79841a07.jpg

Compared to my Jedi Sentinel:

JediSent_zps929058f0.jpg

And Jedi Sage

JediSage2_zpsdcd6d3c7.jpg

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I finished my Imperial Agent's storyline and now she's running dailies on Makeb like a good Imperial servant.

I have a friend with a lifetime sub, so after hearing me talk about the game for a month or so, decided to hop back on. We both rolled new characters; she's a human IA operative (SM scoundrel) and I'm a true sith SW juggernaut (JK Guardian). We met up on Dromand Kaas and have been duoing all the content since. We've even managed to do flashpoints with just the two of us, which surprised me. Previously, I'd only done Black Talon and Athiss, so I'm excited about doing all the others.

As we're overleveled (23), we decided to skip the last half of Balmorra, finish our class quests, and head to Nar Shaddaa.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

we decided to skip the last half of Balmorra

"Sounds like a plan"... :)

Since my Bounty Hunter and Trooper between them has done almost all heroics (except Corellia and the mutually exclusive ones on Balmorra), current and future characters are going to skip heroics in general, unless it has some very desirable loot (mostly "orange" weapon and armour pieces). It's going to be character stories and planetary quessts. I generally enjoy flashpoints, the fun bits outweighing the occasional **** you run across in the random groups.

Heroics are good for planetary comms.

I found out yesterday that I had been tanking with my juggernaut in medium armor, and which sent me on a buying spree at the equipment/mod vendors. I was wondering why I was so squishy, but figured it was just because I only have one defensive power right now.

I have a friend with a lifetime sub

How?

She worked on the game.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.