Shadowrun Returns

Pidesco

Deckers only seem useless until you get to the mandatory decker segments and you cry because the NPC deckers get wreck'd.

I didn't try Adepts, but I do agree that any class that focuses on guns is going to be valuable.

I found Mages without a buff focus to have a hard time hitting anything.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

As an Adeot, can I only have two spell slots? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it feels like more slots should have unlocked by now.

Adepts have their own progression branch (Chi Casting or something), some of the upgrades in it unlock additional spell slots

I went with a troll jack-of-all-trades character for my first playthrough (Unarmed combat/decker/shaman). after a couple of wasted points on spells (healing/armor) I figured it didn't make any sense to pump all three, so I got Decking to lv. 5 (most in-game checks require it at this level, save for a couple that need 6) to be able to equip the 5-slot deck. the rest of my Karma went into Body and Strength (both at 7 by end-game) + Unarmed. 

I couldn't be happier with this build, it could be tweaked a bit more (respec-ing would get me an additional 10 or so points to distribute) but even now under Haste my troll is unstoppable with his Roundhouse Kick and his Killing Hands (criticals deal up to 35 points of damage, meaning I could kill almost anything in one round with 4(5) AP available)

I guess it's the same with guns, but at least I didn't have to worry about reloading my weapon :)

oh, as for NPC deckers, I found both the cleaning guy and the elf you get later on very capable, didn't have to use my char in later parts of the game at all

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So melee can actually hit enemies? I only got shot a lot when i tried it.

edit: started a new adept . He's awesome :o I may just specialize in punching them to death. Who needs decking or spells. :p

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Took me awhile, but I made my first exterior map.

wgib.png

Prosper'd do better.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Unfortunately if you start a custom class, it looks like the game just saddles you with a default loadout of SMG and pistol and no spells, even when I dumped all my points into Willpower+Spellcasting. Was just a test rather than actually a serious attempt at another playthrough for now though.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Took me awhile, but I made my first exterior map.

wgib.png

Prosper'd do better.

That's a creepy house.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just the dead trees really, no trees and it'd just look like a symbol of decaying industry. Just needs some neon to make cyberpunky.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent some hours last night figuring out lighting. Also trying to figure out saving character templates. It works in that the save file is there, but nothing pulls it up so I can recall the saved template. I might need to move it to the directories with the base campaign to get it to work, but that doesn't bode well for published content.

Doc Wagon is basically the revive item.

And no, I never found a healing spell above I, which is strange since it's numbered. The healing spell heals the most recent damage to a character, which is an absolutely fascinating system. If the last time they got hit was for 33 points, it'll heal 33 points. If the last time they got hit was for 1 point, it only heals 1. Which makes multi hit attacks a PIA.

I like the game, it's enjoyable. I just wish it could deal with Shadowruns other then the "kill everybody on the run, it's a loud, crash, smoking obvious run".

Half the fun of the pen and paper is the paranoia when you get hired, the recon on the target, the recon on the Johnson who hires you, trying to figure out who is going to get screwed by who, planning out the run and the contingencies..   The different types of run. Whether it's an extraction, an infiltration, a datasteal, a property theft, outright wetwork, a major smash and destroy, a character assassination series..

Policing your brass (or going caseless), not using lethal weapons unless that's part of the run (or it's all gone to hell), bypassing securitty in ways other then "blowing drek up", and making it out without it making the news (unless that's part fo the point of the run).

I guess it'll be interesting to see if the editor actually lets people develop those other sorts of run beyond a story that dumps you in to pretty much kill everything and move through the maze.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just the dead trees really, no trees and it'd just look like a symbol of decaying industry. Just needs some neon to make cyberpunky.

Before I put up all the ivy and moss it didn't have much personality at all.  I'll throw in some yellowish lighting as the last thing.  

I was going for a more Victorian feel but the art assets are limited.  There also isn't much in the way of greenery.

I couldn't be happier with this build, it could be tweaked a bit more (respec-ing would get me an additional 10 or so points to distribute) but even now under Haste my troll is unstoppable with his Roundhouse Kick and his Killing Hands (criticals deal up to 35 points of damage, meaning I could kill almost anything in one round with 4(5) AP available)

I guess it's the same with guns, but at least I didn't have to worry about reloading my weapon :)

Agreed, I've been quite happy with my "fists of fury" dwarf adept. The criticals are indeed awesome: last night I saw a 36 point critical on a late game enemy too. I started boosting dodge and am finding that it makes a noticeable difference as well. With Wired Reflexes on top of that (apparently it doesn't trigger if the attack was going to miss anyway; I just dodge the first attack that would hit), I'm virtually untouchable. Though I'll admit Wired Reflexes has some issues....

Another advantage we melee-ers have is that moving and attacking are merged into one action: if an enemy is within 1 AP of movement, it only takes the 1 AP to run up and hit them. Being clever with Line of Sight and ranged enemies means I'm often still within striking distance of them, but if they want to hit me they have to waste 1 AP moving to get a clear shot.

(All that said, I'm sure guns are probably still easier: that shotgun knee shot is pretty amazing. But I like to play builds that don't seem to be the most straightforward option.)

Looks like variables are the way to go when setting up different spawn points on the same map:

So I setup Story Variables.

Boolean GOTO_SceneName

Then on the Scene Transition I set it to make Variable GOTO_SceneName = True

On the scene with multiple exits / entrances. I created a region outside of each transitioning area. And setup a load trigger.

LOAD_From_SceneName

That trigger checks if GOTO_SceneName = True. And if so it warps the player to that region and then sets the variable back to false.

So far its working without any problems with my main hub having 5 different places to go in and out of.

I've seen another method that uses a string method. But either way is going to require a separate "Load" trigger (I believe) for every point they need to be warped to checking the variable. If > Variable = (ThisPoint) then Do > Warp Actor to (ThisPoint)

Figuring out my first area that's not a box. With internal and external portion. I need to polish up space and give some combat cover.

But first I'm trying to figure out lighting again.

I still can't get the stupid variable scene transition to work, I set it up the way people suggested, and I even checked the base campaign for ideas, but it doesn't work for me.  Bleh.

I did figure out how to make a custom character with almost no karma and make that the starting character of my story.  That was a good mystery to solve.  

I've been spending hours with this toolset, I've had no time for gaming :)

Edited by Hurlshot