Shadowrun Returns

Pidesco

Shadowrun is still returning. Discuss it here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Going back to the game, after some thought I feel like it's rather short. BTW. What's this thing with the Berlin Campaign? Will this be out as a DLC or it's backers only thingy? Unfortunately I wasn't able to participate in KS (too late!) but I do like the general game design concept (aside of no save game options...)

It's a DLC for everyone, the backers just get it for free. Every other DLC that follows will be payable for everyone.

Every other DLC will be playable only for Steam users. Backers who pledged for DRM-free will not be able to play more DLCs.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

For easy money - quick save DLC. :lol: Anyway, finally got a block of time to play more, my Street samurai's having a good run though I did mess up one fight by not feeding the dogs, so to speak. Serves me right for being lippy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Any ETA on that? I am in need of more cRPG/tactical fix :D

I would say, if they will not make much changes to core of the game you could see first full fledged official DLC in 3-6 months... For Berlin though they will have to do new graphic assets, which could eat up some more time...

It also depends a lot on sales of the game, which could be much higher, if they put the game on more than 1 DD store...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I feel like I'm probably in the last third of the campaign now.  My shaman is really powerful and I'm closing in on what seems to be the ultimate villain.  Pretty good timing as I'll probably finish today or tomorrow, just in time for Misery mod action in CoP.  I've had a really good time with the game.  While I could honestly go through most of the battles doing nothing but hiding behind cover and shooting fools with my rifle, I enjoy using a variety of skills on the battlefield: putting up barriers, buffing myself and party members, summoning spirits, lobbing grenades.  Maybe the final push is decker-heavy, but that class seems somewhat underrepresented in the game.  Also, purely offensive mage spells feel somewhat underpowered, or maybe they're just overpowered in other games and feel less powerful here. 

Edit:  Also, holy ****, this made it to a second thread already.  :w00t:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Im 11 hours in and have two quests backed up:

The first being doing some job with the janitors decker friend and what I assume is the last quest to start the final assault.

Its a pretty good game and (knock on wood) I haven't run into any glitches. My elf mage is decked out with the best gear and spells money can buy and Ive only died once, however I don't remember ever selecting a difficulty level. Max Body and Willpower. The story is on rails and it seems impossible to screw it up. Very much worth my modest investment.

It's a DLC for everyone, the backers just get it for free. Every other DLC that follows will be payable for everyone.

Every other DLC will be playable only for Steam users. Backers who pledged for DRM-free will not be able to play more DLCs.

Didn't every backer get the Steam key AND the DRM version? So while no DLC on the DRM free version, they still have Steam version if they change their minds about it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah, registered one of my Steam keys but haven't bothered downloading it, and gave away the two extra keys. Not sure how the Berlin eligibility for those players will work, guessing it might just drop three Berlin keys in my mailbox and have me send them out again.

I wonder - given that the DRM-free version still supports user-made content (with manual installation), it's probably not outside the realms of possibility that once the DLC is purchased via Steam (a requirement imposed by MS), if it'd be possible, whether easily or with some fiddling, to then just transfer that content over into the DRM-free version.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Already? The first thread was started in april.. 2012.

Yeah, but it was maybe 4 or 5 pages long before the game released, since then we've filled the other 23 or 24 pages in not even a week's time.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well we can blow it up to 20 pages today Keyrock, I know we can!

Today I'm playing with triggers, goals, and quest items.  There are a lot of options with the triggers, but I'm having trouble getting them to fire all the time.  

Also noting that you can set up adventures where you "import" a character from previous games rather then having to freshly create a new one.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'll jump into the editor as soon as I'm finished with the campaign.  I'll likely do something quick and simplistic first, just to get my feet wet, before venturing into a lengthy branching (if that's possible) campaign.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Also noting that you can set up adventures where you "import" a character from previous games rather then having to freshly create a new one.

That doesn't surprise me, as they'll likely do that for the DLCs.

Edited by alanschu

just beat it, and watch out for a very nasty glitch during the final boss fight

sometimes if you kill the shaman chick too quick bugs will stop spawning and you'll be stuck with a neutral character that you can't target. second time around I left her alone for the whole fight and just made sure she couldn't heal herself off the pillars while I was dealing with all the bugs. there's 6 or 8 of them to kill in total, once they're all dead it should be safe to finish her off

loved the final area where you can talk with all the major plot characters. Armitage hints at a bunch of new jobs (future DLCs?), make sure you talk to him ;)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'll jump into the editor as soon as I'm finished with the campaign.  I'll likely do something quick and simplistic first, just to get my feet wet, before venturing into a lengthy branching (if that's possible) campaign.

You can branch. Just need to figure out how you want to carry variables from scene to scene. They do very little of it in the campaign.

I'm thinking about turning the mission item system into a journal and using that to carry variables. That way it can serve double duty.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The video tutorials on youtube are the best starting place. Most of what you absolutely need to know, like building, populating, triggers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HarebrainedSchemes/videos

There's a wiki too, but it is poorly setup at the moment. http://shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com/Editor+Overview

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

That doesn't surprise me, as they'll likely do that for the DLCs.

Heh, you can also change the campaign itself to "import" as well as create a new character. So if you want to be truly silly, you can finish it, then re-use the character that finished it to start fresh from the beginning.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."