Anyone looking forward to Tales of Xillia?

as the release date for Tales of Xillia draws closer, is there anyone here looking forward to this game besides me. JRPG haters please don't post if you don't have anything truly constructive.

Edited by keiichimorisato98

ANIME!!!!!

Hadn't even heard of it until now. Sadly the only JRPG franchise I'd be looking forward to a new installment of is Suikoden. Maybe Breath of Fire, but they pretty much killed that with Dragon Quarter.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hadn't even heard of it until now. Sadly the only JRPG franchise I'd be looking forward to a new installment of is Suikoden. Maybe Breath of Fire, but they pretty much killed that with Dragon Quarter.

Dragon Quarter was awesome!

I sold it the same day I bought it.

Genius statement  :getlost:

It's the same excuse people use on selling Obsidian games when they run into their first bug. The only actual thing you're expressing with that is that you didn't gave the game a fair shake. One of the dumbest internet memes.

Dragon Quarter had several mechanics and story elements that are quite unique and wonderful. It's a severly underappreciated entry.

Edited by C2B

as the release date for Tales of Xillia draws closer, is there anyone here looking forward to this game besides me. JRPG haters please don't post if you don't have anything truly constructive.

Yup

Will probably not buy day one though.

Genius statement  :getlost:

It's the same excuse people use on selling Obsidian games when they run into their first bug. The only actual thing you're expressing with that is that you didn't gave the game a fair shake. One of the dumbest internet memes.

Dragon Quarter had several mechanics and story elements that are quite unique and wonderful. It's a severly underappreciated entry.

I've played it again after that. Bought cheaply on eBay. I'm simply not very fond of the combat system. I'll admit it did have some interesting ideas but I felt they were not implemented in a way that I liked. This is however an extremely subjective subject.

Breath of Fire was dead to me after the third game (as was Suikoden, now that I think about it).

Anyhow, I liked the last Tales game enough that my interest is high for Xillia.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Breath of Fire was dead to me after the third game (as was Suikoden, now that I think about it).

Anyhow, I liked the last Tales game enough that my interest is high for Xillia.

You didn't like Suikoden III?

Edited by Labadal

No I hated it.  I disliked all the "playable" characters, I hated the story, I hated how it didn't feel at all like the first two games.  It wasn't, IMO, even in the same league as the original two games (which I loved and played many times).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I never played anything past 3.  I hated 3 that much.  Ditto with the BoF series.

YMMV.  I know plenty of people who enjoyed Suikoden 3.

Only Tales I've played was Vesperia. It was a solid game, but not enough that I'm willing to put off my backlog for further titles.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Vesperia was only okay (IMO).  Tales of Graces f I really liked though.

I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat.  The tales series has an excellent JRPG feel and dynamic, but the combat system is not one that I particularly enjoy.  I enjoy the stories, but the combat is always not so fun for me.

So, I'll see what people say and then see if I pick it up or not...actually I'll probably still pick it up, just not right at release, I'll wait for a price drop.

Finished Graces f today, so I am gonna get both Xillias for sure!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I never played anything past 3. I hated 3 that much. Ditto with the BoF series.

YMMV. I know plenty of people who enjoyed Suikoden 3.

Give 5 a shot. Its almost as good as 2. 4 you can skip though.

Dragon Quarter turned me off because it didn't feel like a Breath of Fire game. Didnt like any of the mechanics or the tone. Though really 4 was pushing it too. At this point I would just like a remake of 2 with a better translation and updated graphics.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I never played anything past 3. I hated 3 that much. Ditto with the BoF series.

YMMV. I know plenty of people who enjoyed Suikoden 3.

Give 5 a shot. Its almost as good as 2. 4 you can skip though.

Dragon Quarter turned me off because it didn't feel like a Breath of Fire game. Didnt like any of the mechanics or the tone. Though really 4 was pushing it too. At this point I would just like a remake of 2 with a better translation and updated graphics.

I'd love a better translation of BoF2. That was truly an AWFUL translation; there's a few sections in it that I'm still not entirely sure what was supposed to be said.

How does a prequel to 1-3 work, exactly?

It takes place on another continent I believe, just a few years earlier because Georg from Suikoden 2 is a major character. So there really isn't a lot of connection between 5 and the first 3 aside from the odd character crossover.

Devastatorsig.jpg