Looks great! :D

This (added with something else I've read somewhere ~it escapes my memory, I think it had something to do with Cipher's) makes me wonder about a sort of "Spirit World" as seen in The Last Airbender.

Basically, a character goes into a meditative state and enters a parallel world. The landscape is the same but the creatures are different. And everyone is blue. I can see a lot of interesting things being done with it (Not to mention some puzzles). Entering "Spirit Mode" or having "Spirit Vision" of some form, being able to see a soul fountain in the spirit world, but in the real world it is nothing but a dusty wall.

I am thinking about that^ like a "Divine" spell by the way. Kind of how "Detect Evil" is handled.

Scenario: A beautiful woman is at a court, kind and benevolent. She is waiting for audience with the king, in this form she is just acting. When "Spirit Vision" or "Detect Evil" is placed upon her, you'll see she's a Cean Gula and the plot thickens... or something. Just an idea.

I am more curious about the Cean Gula lore & abilities. Where does she reside? How does she manifest? What can she manifest? Abilities? Powers? Strengths/Weaknesses? Is this a mini-boss type or a swarm type? Is it a controller/conjurer type monster or a glass cannon? Something that sneaks up on you from the darkness, or something that teleports in? Or something you notice from far away when you open a door (only to, of course, quickly close it and back off from the door slowly hoping you weren't seen :p)?

• Like 2

Hey devs and fellow users,

after having read the Project Eternity cover story in this month's issue of GameStar, I have just decided to pay for the 'slacker backer' option (aptly named, I feel rather ashamed about not having learned of PE earlier on, being a huge fan of the classic RPG era) and started to browse your forums.

The amount of feedback and updates from the developers is really great, and such behind the scenes reports as this one only make me want to play the game even more. ;)

In short: Keep up the great work, hopefully there'll be a lot more new backers like me in the next days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am glad you guys are taking an adult approach to everything.

One thing I would like to see is Giant Powerful Creatures.  Those Statues in the game demo screen could come to life or something like it.  That sort of size would be cool, with you current tools you could make this happen.

I also want to see party members and creatures blood and see Creatures get decapitated sometime as well.

Keep it up guys!

I am glad you guys are taking an adult approach to everything.

One thing I would like to see is Giant Powerful Creatures.  Those Statues in the game demo screen could come to life or something like it.  That sort of size would be cool, with you current tools you could make this happen.

I also want to see party members and creatures blood and see Creatures get decapitated sometime as well.

Keep it up guys!

Yes! With all kinds of stuff around the "arena" involving all manner of skill checks and such to most effectively take it down! Instead of just the usual "well, obviously you have to get it to kneel, then hit it in the head with this big death spike swinging from the ceiling, and it's invulnerable until you do that. And, doing that consists of simply leading it over to this thing, which you can ram into its heel (without fail), then pulling this lever to swing the death spike into its forehead (again, without fail). You just have to do that like 5 times, so it takes a bit. The rest of the time, you pretty much just dodge elaborate attacks in a survival-y fashion, until you can repeat the ultra-simple process of smashing this thing's forehead! 8D"

I'd love to see a huge, elaborate creature fight with actual reactivity and dynamics, and lots of "non-combat" skills playing parts.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u