Military debate - winning wars, winning battles

Walsingham

That article ignores that Vader wanted Luke captured, perhaps in preference to every other circumstance.

If it had been Curtis LeMay or Arthur Harris or Cpl Hicks in charge they might have levelled the base from orbit as the only way to be sure, but Vader always wanted Luke leading to 'mistakes' like his personal presence. If a real world comparison were to be used it would be to Saddam Hussein and how the US got tunnel vision about him being the solution to their problems in Iraq. Not directly equivalent though as in that case the focus was on an irrelevance while in the SW case Luke was a key to the rebels' final victory so focus on him was appropriate, even if ultimately cutting losses and just flattening the joint would have been the better result. Still, in fantasy as in reality hindsight is 20/20.

Guys I just wanted to go a little off topic here and mention how much I love this community.

I made I fairly race biased post and instead of everyone jumping on to defend political correctness they either went with a moderate position or went on with the topic.

I soo love you guys. :wub:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Guys I just wanted to go a little off topic here and mention how much I love this community.

I made I fairly race biased post and instead of everyone jumping on to defend political correctness they either went with a moderate position or went on with the topic.

I soo love you guys. :wub:

And we love you too. You racist bastard. :)

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.