Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

If you don't hear from me after today, I've OD'd on jerky and am playing a harp in the meat-lovers heaven.

jerkyheaven1.jpg

Lady, you need to check out Susmans so badly it's not even funny.

Good post Walsie

Biltong is vastly superior to Jerky, you guys in the USA should try to buy some. You won't be disappointed :)

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That power supply looks like it is barely hanging in there despite being (probably) screwed to the back panel.

Probably the pic angle and wide angle lens. It's in there fine. ;)

Lady, you need to check out Susmans so badly it's not even funny.

Hm. Well I like my jerky pretty dry, actually. Moistness isn't my thing. Most jerky I buy I'll put in a bowl to let it air dry even further because it's still too moist. This stuff I bought has very thick slices and it's cut so you can't just tear a piece off...you're rather pulling bits off like string cheese, which is awesome. Mahogany has something they call Indian Jerky - long thin strips that kinda look like what's in one of the biltong pics, tho I'm sure the process/spices makes it not taste the same.

A lot of jerky in the US isn't actually my thing...not into super sweet jerky for example. But I have a feeling I'd prefer the smoked vs. just air dried. Not that I wouldn't be willing to try it. And I definitely am a beef person. Tried buffalo jerky once (which was made the same way as the company's beef jerky). It was ok, but I could tell it wasn't beef, and I didn't much like it.

P.S. I've done "beef jerky" in the oven, where it's marinated then just dried at super low temps vs. in an actual smoker. It was ok, but...not the same.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since we have this thread, I suppose I really should throw up a few shots from my time away in Mexico....

Views at the nice little hotel we stayed in for the few days of the wedding "proper" :

LosPinosGardens_zps07a93ec7.jpg

LosPinosViews_zpse111681c.jpg

LosPinosViews2_zps70087af8.jpg

And yes, t he groom as prepped just before we left for the church:

LosPinosWeddingMorning_zps675ae99d.jpg

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And to prove I made it up there.. ;)

The view from the top of the Pyramid of the Sun:

IMG-20130409-00120_zps47ebf18d.jpg

IMG-20130409-00121_zpsb8ff5624.jpg

pots_view_zps0505e729.jpg

And looking incredibly touristy and casual in my elegance..

PyramidOfSun_zpsdf5eaf78.jpg

• Like 2

I had no idea that Teotihuacan was so impressive. Can you imagine rocking up there, dressed in your loincloth, like 2000 years ago? I'd literally crap myself, just out of respect.

Mind you. Slaves.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I had no idea that Teotihuacan was so impressive. Can you imagine rocking up there, dressed in your loincloth, like 2000 years ago? I'd literally crap myself, just out of respect.

Mind you. Slaves.

Mind you. Slaves.

Heh, funny thing, it was built a fair few centuries before the Aztecs built what would later become Mexico City. 

They found it abandoned, and literally did teh "hey, we have no idea how to build something like this, so if we can't do it..no-one can. It MUST be the work of the GODS!!"

So it become one of the central points of their religion that the Gods build that city when they created the world....

Edit: Oh, and to the size of the place? There are still a large number of the smaller pyramids that are still buried, as of yet they haven't been uncovered or excavated yet....

Edited by Raithe

Where is that, Obyknven?

I believe that may be a photo of Oby's private regions. To quote the Financial Times: "Magnificent!"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, and for the confirmation,

Yes, there were mariachi at the reception:

WeddingMariachis_zpse3f58de6.jpg

And for a view of the church:

IMG-20130407-00091_zps1b9d29d0.jpg

Which we left looking like:

WeddingChurchTimes3_zps7c3cba8f.jpg

Edited by Raithe

Not to forget just how the bridesmaids looked (as we were talking pretty ladies in Mexico..)

WeddingChurchTimes_zps36562c9f.jpg

And yes, I did end up standing in front during those important speeches..

SpeechTimes2_zps0abd803a.jpg

Which was quite a sizable group.

Let me point out, the following was the "close, intimate family" for the restaurant meal after the civil celebration aspect. The wedding guests for the church day, were..quite more numerous.

GroupPostCivil_zpsb9d9a019.jpg

Yes, and yes (the purple tie).. :shifty:

All of the key male members of both families were colour coordinated with the bridesmaids dresses. As in, a matching set of silk tie, handkerchief for the top pocket, and cufflinks, were all matched to each bridesmaid - although the father of the bride was colour-linked pink via the sash thing the bride was wearing...

Edited by Raithe

I'm not sure Oby understands how a community photo sharing thread works.  I'm not sure he understands how a community works either.  

Feel free to share some details about the photos and your trip, that's what most people do in these things. 

• Like 2

It's a game right? Instead of looking for Carmen San Diego we're looking for Oby? Cool pics though.

Better that he's sending pics of while lions than black dolphins, right Oby?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm not sure Oby understands how a community photo sharing thread works.  I'm not sure he understands how a community works either.  

Feel free to share some details about the photos and your trip, that's what most people do in these things.

Well, he has part one down - post photos. As for community, well he posted. Not his fault you can't guess the place :p

Also, I think it is Massandra Palace

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massandra

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra