Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

I like how inXile have done their website with including a stretch goal. 20 days to go and nearly 65% there. Here's hoping they'll make it. Maybe Obsidian should have done the same when they originally had their idea for a stretch goal for new wilderness areas/companions.

We would probably have seen another delay and I think that is the reason they didn't go through with it. As always, this is pure speculation.

I like how inXile have done their website with including a stretch goal. 20 days to go and nearly 65% there. Here's hoping they'll make it. Maybe Obsidian should have done the same when they originally had their idea for a stretch goal for new wilderness areas/companions.

Obsidian seems to put a plan in place, and stays the course, which is respectable. inXile, on the other hand, seems to be a lot more fluid about adding content, extending release dates and finding creative ways to procure additional funding.

I like the inXile approach. Jury's still out on the Obsidian approach.

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Obsidian seems to put a plan in place, and stays the course, which is respectable.

Just speculating, but maybe they have been burnt once too many by projects suffering from feature creep and deadlines being a "nice concept" rather than something to strive for? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein