Chris Avellone Plays Arcanum  

542 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see Chris play Arcanum?

• Let's Play Document/Blog
    • 10 minute Let's Play YouTube video bites
    • Streamed on Twitch
    • Format doesn't matter to me, just enjoy it

10 minute segments would be perfect. That means they're edited in some coherent form, because watching a first timer's every action is p. anti-climactic.

That's a good point, and why i was asking for 20-30 min episodes. If you edit the footage of failed attempts and keep them at 10 min+ intervals that would be ideal. I'd still like VO commentary if Chris is open to it. 

Stream on twitch, record it, upload to youtube.

A thought occurs: walking into a medieval bar and saying that. It'd be good for at least a few blank stares. The ale-wife would probably thing you'd had one too many. :-

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I found the Arcanum MUCH more enjoyable once I replaced the music with the Fallout soundtrack.

No offense, but Arcanum's soundtrack is like a lullaby. It puts you to sleep even while you're committing sundry atrocities across the land.

I love Arcanum's soundtrack.  Some of the themes are insidiously catchy and using minimalist chamber arrangements is something I have never heard outside of games based on Agatha Christie novels.  It gives the world an atmosphere all its own that makes it feel distinct from any other game, and it's a soundtrack I can listen to outside of the game as well (and do, frequently).

Edited by sea
  • Like 3

I found the Arcanum MUCH more enjoyable once I replaced the music with the Fallout soundtrack.

No offense, but Arcanum's soundtrack is like a lullaby. It puts you to sleep even while you're committing sundry atrocities across the land.

I love Arcanum's soundtrack.  Some of the themes are insidiously catchy and using minimalist chamber arrangements is something I have never heard outside of games based on Agatha Christie novels.  It gives the world an atmosphere all its own that makes it feel distinct from any other game, and it's a soundtrack I can listen to outside of the game as well (and do, frequently).

I also liked the Arcanum soundtrack very much. If you (or anyone else) want to listen to more similar music, I highly recommend this: http://www.gregbartholomew.com/suiterazindex.html

• Like 1

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Hoping for a YouTube "Let's Play"-style video, where he's commenting on the gameplay, story, enemies, loot... and anything else that comes to his mind during playing :)

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

I also liked the Arcanum soundtrack very much. If you (or anyone else) want to listen to more similar music, I highly recommend this: http://www.gregbartholomew.com/suiterazindex.html

Well, I like all the Arcanum soundtrack except Tarant_Sewers (maybe because I always die there?), the mian Soundtrack-Arcanum is my most favorite, and Soundtrack-Vendegoth made me so exciting when I fighting there....

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

Well, I like all the Arcanum soundtrack except Tarant_Sewers (maybe because I always die there?), the mian Soundtrack-Arcanum is my most favorite, and Soundtrack-Vendegoth made me so exciting when I fighting there....

It's funny. Just reading someone mention "arcanum main theme" (or something to that effect)  makes me remind me that tune. I can recall it perfectly, which speaks to both its simplicity and beauty. Only a few other games' soundtrack are so memorable (Beyond Good and Evil springs to mind, as does Morrowind's main theme). 

• Like 1