Future title: Kotor 3?

KOTOR 3?

Are you serious?!

The Old Republic era sucked. Period. Revan sucked. Period. Gameplay sucked. Period.

You would have thought that Bioware and Obsidian could create something new, instead they rehashed the same scenario. Rebels vs Imperials/Sith, Darth Vader wannabe (Revan), Jedi Order?!...

Time for a new refreshing start. A new game that will take a more mature, gritty direction compared to the past. Empire Strikes Back & Revenge of the Sith aren't the best movies for nothing.

KOTOR 3?

Are you serious?!

The Old Republic era sucked. Period. Revan sucked. Period. Gameplay sucked. Period.

You would have thought that Bioware and Obsidian could create something new, instead they rehashed the same scenario. Rebels vs Imperials/Sith, Darth Vader wannabe (Revan), Jedi Order?!...

Time for a new refreshing start. A new game that will take a more mature, gritty direction compared to the past. Empire Strikes Back & Revenge of the Sith aren't the best movies for nothing.

you may have made a great point somewhere in your post...but it all crumbles into nothing with a simple opinion.

now and forevermore you shall be known as Derp Vader...

Edited by NerdBoner
  • Like 1

Because... Disney couldn't publish it like LA did KOTOR/KOTOR2?

I'm not sure why people think they need a *second* publisher.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Perhaps.

I just read it to read they wouldn't do internal development, but are fine out-sourcing the license and using 3rd party developers instead to make their titles.

(such as they did with aforementioned epic mickey and kingdom hearts)

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

If they wish to maximize risk mitigation, the solution depicted by Spider is a better way to do so.  The financial risk doesn't change a whole lot whether you're funding an internal or external studio.

I'd pay $100+ for an unrushed KotOR 3 from Obsidian, I'd love to see one come out with stunning next gen graphics along with the story we've come to expect. I really hope that LucasArts will finally let Obsidian make it after the flop of The Old Republic and the fact that LucasArts aren't making any games in house anymore.

Please make this happen, the minute it comes up on Steam for preorder I'd buy it, no sales or preorder bonuses would need to be included.

You missed the news that LA is dead?

^

If they wish to maximize risk mitigation, the solution depicted by Spider is a better way to do so.  The financial risk doesn't change a whole lot whether you're funding an internal or external studio.

Yeah, that was the phrase that caught my eye in that press release.

How well does the restoration mod for KOTOR 2 work with the Steam version?

As far as I know it works fine (although you'll want to turn off the auto-patching for KotOR II so it doesn't 'fix' your files for you and break things). 

Also, as far as LucasArts being closed, I believe that Disney has said that they're more than willing to license Star Wars, they just didn't want to develop anything in-house. The bigger issue would be a lore re-boot that negates the events of KotOR and TSL - something that would make the likelihood of a third game extremely unlikely. That said, KotOR has a fanbase and, provided it doesn't mess with their plans, a proposal might be accepted if there's enough evidence that they would not loose money (although, if the game was kickstarted that might be a non-issue). 

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't know about anyone else but I was looking more towards a game (kotor3) that had a new PC. I thought it would be good to have a sort of training in the beginning involving you playing as the two previous PCs, or having one of them as your master. As well I think it would be amazing if when you were to play as Revan and The Exile, shortly after you finished learning how to play, that a NPC would ask you about your "exploits", these being those of Revan and The Exile.  That way your game would be a perfect match to both of your other games. Kind of like carrying over your kotOR 1 and 2 characters. similarly to that of how they subtly ask you in The SIth Lords whether Revan was a man or woman. I don't know about you guys but I like that option because I preferred Revan in love with Carth.  Carth just does it so much more heartfelt.

• Like 2

IM a strong believer in Kotor so yeah....

...I like that option because I preferred Revan in love with Carth.

Urg... Please, not that. Personally I found Carth grated on my nerves, particularly after the first couple of times through the game, but then I also mostly played a mix of dark and light or pure dark and thus got all the lectures on morality and how sith are the evils. 

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have to agree with you on that I think I really enjoyed the way he tied into kotor 2 when you made revan light female. however I do agree that he was extremely annoying in that sense and never really served a great purpose. I do think I used him a lot just because he was great with a dual vibroblade.

• Like 2

IM a strong believer in Kotor so yeah....

Disney isn't going to let go of anything unless it makes them a buck. I don't see them letting a small studio like Obsidian getting the call. Would be cool if I will be wrong though.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'd love a retcon. What Bioware and Karpyshyn did with the Exile, reduced to be Revan's lackey, was unnerving to say the least. It was sad to see such a wise character becoming one hell of a fool.

For all her lessons, it truly looked like Kreia couldn't teach "her" the meaning of trust. So much for the Dark Lord of Betrayal.

Of course, since actually, Kreia was just a madwoman influenced by evil crystals...

• Like 1

I doubt Disney would do another TOR with the current one doing as it is, and with Titan as competition.

^