Update #31 2 Questions

Asking everyone, and answering myself. From Update 31 ( EDIT: To be honest I forget that I could have just posted this in the Update Thread but wanted to highlight these two questions too).

Question: "What's the conflict and why do I care about it?"

Osvir: The conflict is a great event, either by taking place right off the bat, something that pushes my character into the world or into a situation. Perhaps a by-walker, a farmer or whatever, to the event and I just accidentally happened to be there. It could also be the state of the world, 2 factions are at war at this very moment. Even if 1 Faction takes over the other game it wouldn't mean the end of the game, the end is a different matter.

In both Baldur's Gate and Kingdoms of Amalur (which follows BG's story a lot in some regards) I have this feeling that I have no idea what the conflict is and I have to figure it out along the way. Perhaps P:E is figuring it out right now? :) Even more so in Planescape: Torment. The conflict is not anything I might know entirely right off the bat.

The Conflict could be between Gods, or a God specifically. The Conflict can be Man itself, rising up to rebel against God in spite of them (Greek Mythology), hubris of man. There is a War between Humanity and the Gods taking place. Another one is (a side-quest) that a Necromancer is raising the dead from Hell itself, and the world is slowly being overtaken by this Necromancer.

I should be able to choose if I want to care about it or if I simply don't care about it. An evil path or a badguy path might not care for much of the conflict, except perhaps taking it over under a ruling fist and manipulate the people of it.

Question: "What is my range of roles in resolving the conflict?"

Osvir: I'd be a nobody, nothing special really, an infantryman perhaps.... to a start. Growing as a man and as a Hero the more I travel the lands, perhaps I don't have a resolve to resolve the conflict, maybe there is no need for conflict between the Hero and the World. If the World is in Conflict however, I can choose to enter it, and change it, or strengthen it. Or perhaps I can simply leave it be, because my character is on a different purpose.

Perhaps I don't need to hunt down some Last Boss somewhere, but there could be several of them around the world. Gods that is. Perhaps I could rise up to Godhood and Dominate the world, or lead it to Harmony/Nirvana.

Edited by Osvir

Amalur was a good game bur how exactly did its story relate to that of BG?

It just felt heavily inspired *shrug* sometimes I was wondering if they just changed wording on the script. I didn't play far at all btw.