The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU! part 6

@drake heath: Don't be sad. It's not too late as long as you upped your pledge/donation by $8 (USD) more than your selected tier plus add-ons, before Sunday that is.

@Hertzilla: I take "glomp" to mean a tackling, bear hug.

As for how to pronounce the almighty Lord of Marshmallow(were)s, Kerfluffleupogus, I've been mentally saying it as ker-fluff-uhl-up-uh-gus.

Edited by Zurkeil

Please welcome our new members:

• TensaiOni, Winged Hussar of the Obsidian Order
  • drake heath, Lord Commissar of the Obsidian Order

I just wanted to pop in and said hello to everyone. I added $8 to my pledge (via PayPal) just now, so hopefully it can get verified before the cutoff and all.

It's an honour system. How may we call you? Please choose a unique title. :)

Hope I get accepted...Sunday is approaching really fast. :blink:

As Sugarjaye said:

[...] the deadline doesn't count for them who have registered their claim before but have been forgotten. :)

Eternity Gazette (german news about PE)

I've submitted an additional $8 through PayPal (I originally pledged $50 via Kickstarter) to join. Glad I noticed the deadline extension, I thought I had missed out when the Kickstarter closed.

So if that's sufficient for membership, I would like my title to be "Neuromancer of the Obsidian Order".

Also, my thanks to other OO members and everyone else who donated to Project Eternity. The wait will be a long one, but worth it.

Can I get everyones opinion, I took the shield template and did some tweaking, which one do you guys like more?

1. Has the border the same color as the PE logo, rusty color: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8184/8107228943_faa0611bd9.jpg

2. Has LC's original metallic style: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8330/8107238722_52f8834f12.jpg

3. For final total comparison, his original default: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8334/8107252344_7c8833f0c0.jpg

any thoughts are appreciated :)

• Like 2

You might want to try doing a color/hue blend rather than a soft light? At least that appears to be the method you used...it seems to wash out the detail a bit. Then again, that might not be as obvious at the smaller size that would be seen in the forum. Assuming you can keep the border detail of the original, I like the coloration/highlights of the second one best

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

You might want to try doing a color/hue blend rather than a soft light? At least that appears to be the method you used...it seems to wash out the detail a bit. Then again, that might not be as obvious at the smaller size that would be seen in the forum. Assuming you can keep the border detail of the original, I like the coloration/highlights of the second one best

I was actually kind of going for a washed out look on the shieldface/region in general, At the actual size it looks a bit wonky, but 50% and lower it really makes the area pop pretty nice i think..

eg: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8056/8107319862_5a20f3d2f8.jpg

I was actually kind of going for a washed out look on the shieldface/region in general, At the actual size it looks a bit wonky, but 50% and lower it really makes the area pop pretty nice i think..

eg: http://farm9.staticf..._5a20f3d2f8.jpg

Looks nice, good job! Only the bottom of the scroll looks a bit too soft, the lettering with the title is a little bit blurred. :)

• Like 1
35167v4.jpg

eg: http://farm9.staticf..._5a20f3d2f8.jpg

Looks nice, good job! Only the bottom of the scroll looks a bit too soft, the lettering with the title is a little bit blurred. :)

Yeah I was thinking about that too, ill probably change it tomorrow hehe :) Thanks!

Ah yes...agreed at the 50% reduction there. But as Crash just pointed out, you might want to do the reduction on just the background prior to adding the text, to avoid losing the edge definition. The slight loss of detail on the scroll I think is actually a positive, but losing the clarity of the text detracts from the overall quality

• Like 1

"If we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space"

Hi all,

today i was able to create an account with my e-mail adress. Hope it's not to late, to register to the order. I have in total plegded 188$ and would take the Title "Mad Scientist of Obsidian Order" ;-)

Regards from Munich,

Nephente

I get back and I see IPA of all things in this thread, brings back nightmares from my linguistics classes.

But now you at least know how to pronounce Kerfluffleupogus!

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

I get back and I see IPA of all things in this thread, brings back nightmares from my linguistics classes.

But now you at least know how to pronounce Kerfluffleupogus!

We still haven't discussed why the "u" after "Kerfluffle" and before "pogus" is pronounced [ʌ] and not [ju:] :p

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

We still haven't discussed why the "u" after "Kerfluffle" and before "pogus" is pronounced [ʌ] and not [ju:] :p

... we have. 0_o

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

Ohhhh...

Fluffle... is a bit... confused.

Yes... you're right.

Haha...

Sorry, since someone has called Lord Kerfluffleupogus imaginary, I'm not myself anymore.

Okay here for everybody: You pronounce Kerfluffleupogus [kəɹˌflʌfəˈlʌpəgəs]

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Okay here for everybody: You pronounce Kerfluffleupogus [kəɹˌflʌfəˈlʌpəgəs]

The next topic: Could we BE any more nerdy? Give us suggestions and we'll try.

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

Speaking of nerds... anybody watching Big Bang Theory? :w00t:

I always thought that show never depicted nerds realistically, just mocking them instead. But a lot of people, mostly nerds, seem to like it.

runner.jpg

Hey, I just backed you,

and this is crazy,

but here's my money,

so stretch goal maybe?

Hi All -

Couldn't resist, so in addition to my original $250 pledge (how do we get our forum badges, BTW?) just added $8 more via Paypal.

Would most humbly request:

Sir Gareyth,

• Knight of the Obsidian Order (Knight Errant if Knight already taken) OR

• Paladin of the Obsidian Order

Regards, Martin

Edited by Czechmart

Aspirant of the Obsidian Order