Update #16: Reward Updates, Combat with Tim, Mods, and the Mega Dungeon Grows!

I miss my pet golem from IWD2. I was very disappointed that I didn't get to keep it for the remainder of the game :(

*MUST PROTECT MASTER!*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This pet idea pretty much sucks.

It could be an interesting thing from a gameplay perspective, but instead it's backer exclusive, which means you really won't be able to do anything with it :(

I don't remember any game that implemented familiars/pets properly (haven't played them all). Mostly because they are supposed to be neutral to enemies, but always get attacked on sight *sigh* But they could be so interesting.

Hawk - you would be able to scout an open area during the day

Owl - same thing during the night

Rat - scout dungeons and spot or even trigger traps

Cat - scout inside houses and also dungeons (but not so good because of traps)

Snake - once per day allow coating with poison 2 blades or 50 arrows

Chameleon - allow you to spy someone (with the souls mechanic you could connect to it and see or listen what he does)

Dog - during combat would allow you to create the a diversion, enough for one of you injured members to distance themselves

And their attributes and skills would increase while you level up.

And maybe you could even *haters gonna hate alert* allow them to evolve at some time.

Chameleon is evolving... Chameleon has evolved into Komodo! He learned poisonous bite.

*deal with it*

Now I want familiars damn it!

Anyway, what I wanted to say was this that is posted on the main KS page, but not on the forums

Oct 7 - New Backer Goal - 20K Likes for Obsidian on Facebook adds another level to the Mega Dungeon.

I must admit in my imagination I always liked the idea of grappling in combat, for example warrior putting a bear hug on enemy giving a rogue opportunity for few more free backstabs(while being exposed to sneak attacks aswell), or similarly holding foe in place so he'll be opened for few clear arrows shots, with option to throw opponent away on ground or such, and there is no way I would try to grapple ooze, gelatine or advesaries the size of mammoth, as for animation I wouldn't need anything complex, probably just avater with his hands reached on. But since this feature will not be included, well it can't be helped and after all creators can create features that are within reason and after all grappling would be useful primarily only against humanoids and probably few animals and that's pretty much it, effective but not necessary.

As for a pet, well if it's not supposed to not do anything, cat or dog would do the trick for me personally, having basilisk or comodo dragon just for looks? nah I don't need that.

Edited by Ywerion

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

Yes, I will also be missing grapple.

I loved it in ToEE.

It created a lot of tension when a frog grappled your wizard and ate it :)

You had to release him quick or he would die.

Good times...

Edited by hideo kuze

I want a Cat that greets me when I come home, but can transform into a Hell-Cat (or something) when she sense danger. :)

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

I want a cat who greets me when I come home, but can transform into [deleted].

I thought it wasn't all that off-color, but the wife read me the riot act when she saw it. I mean, the playboy bunny isn't even a real person.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

And I want a tomcat who transforms into cute catboy! o:):brows:

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

they should just upgrade all the pets to have an beneficial effect in battle.

standard version and exclusive pets, but with equal power. (so there is no 'exclusive backer' stat advantage; only a backer exclusive graphic)

have several different pets and let a pet swap out happen at the stronghold. maybe choose one at the beginning stat roll as others have suggested but by the time the stronghold is in your possession surely there would have been more encounters to recruit some additional pet assistants.

if i had a pet that just watched or ran away while some enemies wailed on me then showed up after i barely survived id be pretty pissed at the pet.

at least something like this if the pets wont do damage in battle:

Hawk - you would be able to scout an open area during the day

Owl - same thing during the night

Rat - scout dungeons and spot or even trigger traps

Cat - scout inside houses and also dungeons (but not so good because of traps)

Snake - once per day allow coating with poison 2 blades or 50 arrows

Chameleon - allow you to spy someone (with the souls mechanic you could connect to it and see or listen what he does)

Dog - during combat would allow you to create the a diversion, enough for one of you injured members to distance themselves

And their attributes and skills would increase while you level up.

And maybe you could even *haters gonna hate alert* allow them to evolve at some time.

Chameleon is evolving... Chameleon has evolved into Komodo! He learned poisonous bite.

*deal with it*

Now I want familiars damn it!

Oct 7 - New Backer Goal - 20K Likes for Obsidian on Facebook adds another level to the Mega Dungeon.

a pet raccoon could at least gather up the gold dropped after battle. those guys are always tearing into some stuff.

id like it if a wolf/dog/or hybrid mythical beast distracted the enemy by biting them in the nards.

an avian pet could at least take a dump and blind some enemies from a save height at the very least.

the tigers in the Dynasty Warriors series didn't need encouragement to help out in the melee.

"they didnt need no instructions, to know how to rock, meat man"-Carl

Edited by ErekoseDM