Exploration the World, and how it reacts to your meddling with it.

NPC's and Fame; Are you the Chicken Chaser or the Returner of Time?

Different reactions from the world, even if you are an incurable Light White Shining Paladin from a Shining Bright Academy Castle "How to be THE Paladin of Holy Light!". NPC's will comment on your naiviteé of trying to make the world a better place, only to later confess they were wrong when you indeed succeed. Maybe some people will move away, close their windows as you pass, if you play an awfully evil character.

With the option of being more mysterious in your approach, where you can be an evil super villain, but no one knows that you are that person. Basically the NPC's are talking about what's going on in the world and they will react to how you change it.

Exploration and Research; Lore

Before entering a Dungeon, will there be indication, an Outpost Guard who sees you walk into the "Forbidden" or "Dangerous" area, runs after you or yells at you to stop. Tells you off the danger's and the things that lurk in these places, giving you an indication (from a roleplaying perspective) what might be a good idea to bring with you. So preparation is important beforehand, but I understand that not everyone plays like a Scholar, even if you prepare without foresight or research you can still manage as well. Just because you don't have the Dungeon Counter-Spells doesn't mean it should be impossible to finish.

Dungeon's should be able to be tackled in many different ways, Tactical Wise. No Linear "Go from point A to point B" but expanding upon the idea that you can use the environment to your favor. So you don't have a Mage in this particular party, and you are in a dungeon where many enemies are more resistant to physical attacks and vulnerable to magical attacks, does it mean that this Mageless party should have a harder time, or an impossible time, challenging this dungeon? I lean way more to the foremost and think that the latter is stupid.

In the same way I want to be able to explore a dungeon without a Thief scouting ahead all of the time, looking for traps, opening all of the locks and being the utility guy. I want to be able to get through the traps by quick thinking, reaction. Perhaps one notices a traps and hence then the party will be more careful generally in this dungeon and the party will gain "Trap Insight" bonus for the duration of the Dungeon, which means they will avoid more, notice more and take less damage from future traps.

Pack-A-Mule:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60995-pack-a-mule/

ABC Magic:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60996-abc-magic/

Edited by Osvir