I haven't seen any talk about this anywhere.

They said something about only allowing you to create the main character and not a whole party like in Baldur's Gate (damn shame that), but will that also mean that you can't play with your friends where they create their own characters?

I'm pretty sure the ability to do so in a game like BG2 is the main contributor to it's longevity.

• Like 3

I agree. Please add coop play to Eternity, like you had in the Infinity Engine games. Was it perfect? No. But it was one of the main features that got me and my friends into the game, and kept us coming back to the game. Before we got married, my wife and I played though Baldur's Gate 2 together. We still look back on it as possibly the best gaming experience we've ever had.

Make it a stretch goal, if you have to, it will be met.

• Like 2

Multiplayer / co-op is very difficult and time-consuming to do; Bioware remarked after Baldur's Gate that they probably shouldn't have done it.

I have no idea how much it would 'cost' as a stretch goal, but it's probably a tough thing to put in.

I liked BG's multiplayer function. Had a blast playing through campaigns co-op. At least when we stopped to coordinate a strategy. :p Despite that, I'm hoping Obsidian focuses on the single player experience. There's already Divinity: Original Sin coming to scratch my multiplayer RPG itch, and I'd rather see anything the stretch goals list suggests before multiplayer in PE.

Edited by Seagloom

I do not want to see multiplayer, not even as a stretch goal. It is very time consuming and takes resources away that can be used to create a better multiplayer. Adding multiplayer will slow the game development down a LOT and end up with a lesser product for it, so no multiplayer please.

It'll be very disappointing if they didn't allowed multiplayer co-op. The multiplayer for Baldur's Gate is a ****ing hassle, but many of us still go through it to this day because, even being tackay, it allows for one of the best co-op gaming experiences of all time to this day.

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)