Did some searching, didnt yet see a specific topic on it. Is the answer out there and I'm missing it?

Can we expect a Multiplayer option similar to BG/IWD?

For me personally, not being able to play the game with my best friend like we did both the BG and IWD series would suck.

Yarazin

• Like 3

Maybe they'll add multiplayer if the funding hits 4 million, but I'm pretty sure its not a priority for most people here.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't feel a game needs multiplayer to be good, and I in fact, no matter what some developers claim, feel it can in fact take away from the single player experience. I'd rather have one complete and polished mode of play than two that suffered for the others inclusion.

• Like 1

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

I must say I really enjoyed the co-op in BG2.

It made me play the game so many times with diffrent friends.

I would love to see co-op in enernity aswell, and yes I know it prolly wont heppen since it would take to much effort and time, but one can hope atleast =()

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind multiplayer being implemented, and I'd propably use it as well, but I don't really see any harm in leaving it out either. And I prefer that before starting to make any multiplayer content, the single player experience would be done and polished.

Dude, I can see my own soul.....

I would not personally use it and would also prefer the funds be used for a polished single-player game.

No idea what the cost would be to implement it - does it depend on the engine being used? How would it work for people buying through GOG? I'm guessing it would be easier to implement on Steam. Just curious since I'm technically challenged about game development.

They said they would like to do it, but only if it wouldn't hinder the progress of the singleplayer in any kind of way. So yeah, if they get lots of money, the chance increases.

I personally don't need a multiplayer modus, unless the game is extremely hack&slay, which I find boring to do alone.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm all for multiplayer. I believe this is one of those things that add immensely to the replayability of a game. I also believe without multiplayer games like BG 1&2 as well as IWD 1&2 would have long lost a great deal of their appeal to me. After all, adding more living people to the game means bringing more independent variables into focus. Possible outcomes in your experience grow exponentially.

Of course, I know it won't be easy or cheap to do, but I'm really hopeful there will be a stretch goal that will allow the introduction of BG style multiplayer without this standing in the way of a godly single player experience.

No. It may be implemented as an extra patch after the game profits. Otherwise it is a nuisance for devs (time and money).

Edited by molarBear
  • Like 1

"if everyone is dead then why don't i remember dying?"

—a clueless sod to a dustman

"if we're all alive then why don't i remember being born?"

—the dustman's response

I would not personally use it and would also prefer the funds be used for a polished single-player game.

No idea what the cost would be to implement it - does it depend on the engine being used? How would it work for people buying through GOG? I'm guessing it would be easier to implement on Steam. Just curious since I'm technically challenged about game development.

I also would not use multi-player, I would like to see the focus on creating a really involving SP that incorporated the most engaging aspects of the older games but with the improved graphics and gameplay of newer games. I think that the challenge of creating and managing a diverse party was always one of the most involving aspects of SP in the old games. I just kind of realized that recently when I fired up Icewind Dale for the first time in years after reading some of this discussion.

As for Steam, I wouldn't want to see it there becaue of the unnecessary and restrictive DRM, I think it would be better on GOG where you wouldn't have that, and also GOG has a smaller more specialized customer base and one that I think has more appreciation for these kinds of RPGs.

If they can afford to put in a co-op or multiplayer experience I'd go for it. Of course I'd want it after everything else for single player had been implemented. . . but my partner and I have been trying to play IWD together and its been fun replaying it with someone else.

I would like to see multiplayer however it is not essential and certainly not if it will reduce the finesse of the single player game. I would also like to see the ability for multiplayer being co-op and adversarial. 3-4 PCs for a good ending 3-4 trying for an evil ending.

I think multiplayer option is good but you can do it something like co-op and freeroam (roleplaying) modes. First, co-op is something like Icewind Dale, when you and your friends create character and do the quests, second option is good for roleplayers who do in world what they want. Example I host server and set "roleplayer mode", I can configurate how many characters, what is aviable, what not etc. This should works something like mods for other games, example SAMP, FOnline servers etc.