Plate Armor vs. Chainmail

Plate armor is objectively better than chainmail in pretty much every single way possible. Chainmail leaves all the weight hanging on the shoulders and so it is actually less easy to move in, in addition to being worse protection, and heavier. Plate armor, on the other hand, is mobile and easy to wear. People wearing plate armor can run, jump, do cartwheels, leap onto a horse without using the stirrup, jump over a horse, et cetera. Please make sure to represent this in your game, that I backed, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I think this actually depends entirely on what you want out of your armor. Chain is heavier, less comfortable, and more expensive, but distributes force more efficiently than plate, so is better against piercing weapons and arrows. Of course nothing will save you from a couched lance to the chest delivered at full tilt. I could also be a jerk and point out you could wear plate and mail at once, but...yeah I'm doing that.

And what's wrong with lammellar armor? It's like a bunch of little plates. Flexible and sturdy.

I think this actually depends entirely on what you want out of your armor. Chain is heavier, less comfortable, and more expensive, but distributes force more efficiently than plate, so is better against piercing weapons and arrows. Of course nothing will save you from a couched lance to the chest delivered at full tilt. I could also be a jerk and point out you could wear plate and mail at once, but...yeah I'm doing that.

And what's wrong with lammellar armor? It's like a bunch of little plates. Flexible and sturdy.

lol, yeah the armor with holes in it is better for resisting arrows than the armor without holes in it. Look at the huge noob here. They invented chainmail piercing arrows in the 9th century. Get outta town 'fore a Viking shoots your ass with a bodkin arrow.