What I am looking for from this game...

Firstly, thank you for actually making a Kick Starter on this, I was begining to believe that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition would be my only salvation to experience the thrill of these much loved games. You have my vote 100% I am a little nervous about it to be honest, purely because I am a long long time fan of Baldur's gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment which to this day remains one of the best RPG's I have ever played with it's mastery over narrative excellence.

From the trailer it sounds like you wish to keep all these successful elements from those three games which makes me even more excited about the finished project and I hope we will be teased during it's development with all kinds of spoilers to fuel the excitement and I am not along, standing at one day strong on kickstarter you are almost already near your target. It's a GOOD day to be an RPG fan.

I do have some things that I would like the game to keep, purely as a fan of the franchises fore-mentioned and these are just my preferences and I hope that the end product does keep them. Of course, how you decide to take it is down to yourselves, but I trust you on this!

• Keep Isometric game play, I would also prefer not to 'zoom' in to get a 3D world scape. I always liked how I had a birds-eye view of the battle field. For me, seeing everything up close is not a requirement, the prior games didn't need it and when Bioware released DA: Origins I never used it. I think it must of been more a console thing.
  • You mention a more mature setting, which I am very excited about! I am hoping by this you mean the context that was Planescape: Torment, branching on the spiritual, philosophical and intellectual. I don't mind risque or even nudity to be honest as long as the context for it is there. I am also a big fan of companion romances, Jherias romance branches being one of my favourite especially with the sub-plots including that coneiving vixen vampire that took the complete wrath of my hammer!
  • Voice acting, not NEEDED, it really isn't. A lot of people do prefer this as they do not like to read, almost as if reading is a dying art. But I found that reading allowed you to be more immersed into the game. BG, IWD and PS:T did it right, the only audio dialog should be exchanged during important scenes and companions as it helped set the mood. It also makes those moments more rememberable 'Jump on my SWORD whilst you can EVIL I'll not be as GENTLE!' and 'What can change the nature of man!'. My quotes might be a little off, but it has been a long time.
  • Strong-Holds. I really enjoyed this aspect in BG2 purely because it was a great sub-plot. As such I would love lots of indepth sub-plots like this added to the game.
  • Lots of exploration! what I loved about the series is that one map, be it north, east, south or west took you to another map to which made it feel like you were travelling through the world. I would spend hours exploring everything I could get my hands on and I had some fantastic adventures.
  • The passage of time, day and night is always great and I would hope that this happens without the annoying cutscene of the old games. In addition, weather and seasons would be wonderful and during those condition new events and additions could be available. Also, the element of time displayed on your character would be fantastic. I loved how BG had you start as a whelp of a lad, but by BG2 you had matured into a middle aged man through your adventures. I really cared about my characters and my avatar, something I have not been able to do in a computer game for the longest of times.
  • Stretch goals for me, in this project I would want invested in additional content. More companions, more villains, more sub-plots, more and more adventures.
  • Epic bosses, I loved how the games handled their bosses and their was often a very emotional attachment to them, for they were the villains and you knew why you hated them as such. But I would love to fight Dragons, Chimeras and the wonderful Beholders with the same level of difficulty as I did in orig games.
  • Customisations for your character, and unique looking items and equipment for your characters. Schematics and plans to build cool looking things would be wonderful as well. Rarities and treasures un-told!
  • Because this is a new IP I am not sure if you are going the DnD route with it. If not, that's fine but I would like to have interactions with many many races and factions. I LOVED the Drow, after all who can resist a dominating woman soceity.

This is just me spit-balling here, no matter what you do I am VERY excited to see more.

Tsu