Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

(3) The book unread is unwritten.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

The Guildmaster

The Guildmaster

Administrator

• Admin
  • 642 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?

Digging for truth buries the seeker.

Zed

Zed

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:no
  • Xbox Gamertag:lol, no
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"Is it clear?"

Nope. Can't say it is.

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4081 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Also

<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2306 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Also

<!-- Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way.

Good catch. Was there anything in the page source data for the "4" page?

Dyrwood is a Scottish surname. More evidence that this is something new and somewhat celtic/gaelic-influenced. "Divine champion" also implies mystical/magical/supernatural elements, so that's another point for it being fantasy genre.

Why is the first sentence on the teaser page the only one not in italics?

Edited by Enoch, 11 September 2012 - 09:23 AM.

pmp10

pmp10

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 866 posts
Sounds more and more like a generic fantasy setting.
Hopefully it is indeed Lovecraft or at least something relatively modern.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8771 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Nothing wrong with a well done fantasy. If anything, the last 5 years have seen a deluge of modern, postapocalyptic and sci-fi settings.
  • Axell likes this

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2306 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Good catch. Was there anything in the page source data for the "4" page?

To answer my own question, Yes.

So, the totality of teases thus far:

(4)
"What do the words mean?"
"Nothing. The Dirge of Er Glanfath is sound without form, a lone voice crying out in mourning because it must."

(4 Hidden)
To tenderness, fellowship. To fellowship, vigilance. So bring we all to the Night Market. I am the Spindle of Esenath. Know me by my light and stand with me in darkness.

(3)
"The book unread is unwritten. The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?"

"Digging for truth buries the seeker."

(3 Hidden)
Two centuries ago, your divine champion told the people of Dyrwood to grovel at his feet. If you've come on pilgrimage to the blasted crater that was our reply, Godhammer Citadel is *that* way.

Axell

Axell

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
This will be a full-blown sequel to Minesweeper.
Hear ye! Hear ye!

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1950 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
That word Esenath has kept running through my head all afternoon at work, don't know why but I feel i've heard it before somewhere.

sea

sea

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm still holding out hope for a fantasy setting combined with high technology, i.e. fundamentalist religious order keeping the world in a dark age while rebels use scientific developments to advance their goals. But that's just me - generic fantasy is just too boring for my tastes, I'd much rather see a twist on it.

Edited by sea, 11 September 2012 - 09:47 AM.

• Jaesun likes this

mosfeusz

mosfeusz

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Backer
It seems like each letter of first hidden line in source will be revealed every day. Yesterday it was:
<!--. X . X X . X X -->
Today:
<!--. X . X X . T X -->

Darth InSidious

Darth InSidious

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Location:The Beast stands for strong mutually antagonistic governments everywhere. . . . Self-sufficiency at home, self-assertion abroad.

I'm still holding out hope for a fantasy setting combined with high technology, i.e. fundamentalist religious order keeping the world in a dark age while rebels use scientific developments to advance their goals. But that's just me - generic fantasy is just too boring for my tastes, I'd much rather see a twist on it.

... And "evil religion keeping the world in a dark age" isn't generic in your view?

It seems like each letter of first hidden line in source will be revealed every day. Yesterday it was:

<!--. X . X X . X X -->
Today:
<!--. X . X X . T X -->

Well, there doesn't seem to be anything to differentiate here, so my guess is that X = consonant, and . = vowel. So we'd have an eight letter word, running v-c-v-c-c-v-T-c. My guess is the final combo is one of a limited number of options - most likely H, S, or another T.

Of course, that's just speculation, and not much use at this point.

ETA: Assuming the code is that simple, got it.

Edited by Darth InSidious, 11 September 2012 - 10:05 AM.

Zoma

Zoma

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1358 posts
I need a time machine now just to see what happens on Friday.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I must admit I'm a little weary of the "generic fantasy" setting of elves, dwarves, horses and medieval castles. But I'm also weary of sci-fi, dirty-grunge, punky mechanized tech type settings, too. Both games and films. So really, it just comes down to gameplay, characters, and dialogue for me, since all the background settings are just that ... background.

It would be pleasant, however, if it's a wooded forest type setting, that there will be combat fodder that consists of something more interesting than wolves, bears, etc - eg, I wouldn't mind a gameworld that doesn't feel like, well, Earth with magic spells or giant robots with laser rifles.

Emitan

Emitan

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I wonder if people will stop thinkings it's a Wheel of Time game now... haha

Eccehobo

Eccehobo

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:DockedJames
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I wonder if people will stop thinkings it's a Wheel of Time game now... haha

The only people that could have thought this was Wheel of Time related are the people that know nothing of Wheel of Time. As much as I wish it could be, what we've seen so far matches nothing in WoT.

Criminalheadz

Criminalheadz

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
Inspired by the Book of Genesis. This is a Middle-East and Egyptian Action RPG game. Never seen like this before. Madness !!! : )

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2032 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Something that just crossed my mind, which is not really related to Obsidian, but the whole industry: Developers and designers don't want players to have waiting times in their games, because it is boring. But marketing wants players to wait for days. It even goes so far to announce a countdown for a countdown announcement. I hate waiting, not only in games but also for announcements and countdowns and such. Especially countdowns start to make me angry the more of them I see. It is a pain and doesn't hype me up more than a generic announcement does.

tl;dr - annoyed of waiting. Countdowns suck.

George32027

George32027

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts

The reason we don't explain it is the reason we use it. Its power is in its mystery. That is the Leaden Key, in part, in whole. Is it clear?

Digging for truth buries the seeker.

you forgot to say ''trolololol'', old guy

Olauron Mor-Galad

Olauron Mor-Galad

Arcane Wellspring of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

<!--. X . X X . X X -->
Today:
<!--. X . X X . T X -->

. X . X X . T X
PROJECTX ? :D

Edited by Olauron Mor-Galad, 11 September 2012 - 11:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users