(4) What do the words mean?

From MCA's blog (here on these forums):

"Still, it

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm just curious if it's a countdown to an announcement of an announcement, or just a countdown to an announcement of a countdown. I've been running into too many of these recently.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

What happened to the States nomenclature?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Delaware - Knights of the Old Republic 2

Pennsylvania - Neverwinter Nights 2

New Jersey - Known as Seven Dwarves while in development, it was something Brian Mitsoda helped develop before it was cancelled.

Georgia - Alpha Protocol

Connecticut - Aliens: Crucible, the first Onyx Engine title in development at Obsidian, it was a RPG set in the Alien universe directed by JE Sawyer.

Massachusetts - Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Maryland - Dungeon Siege 3

South Carolina - Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

New Hampshire - Fallout: New Vegas

Virginia - Nothing much is known about this title other than it was a small internal project which was meant to be released in 2011. Could have been the XBLA game which was put on hold. Uses Onyx engine?

New York - South Park: The Stick of Truth

North Carolina - Latest major project directed by JE Sawyer, rumored to be a next-generation RPG funded by Microsoft (?), who eventually withdrew their support from the game.

Rhode Island - ???

Vermont - Scifi RPG with a handful of designers/artists working under the direction of Jason Fader. Could have simply been a failed pitch. Developed in Unreal Engine 3.

Sorted chronologically by start of development. Red titles are cancelled, yellow means status unknown. Thanks to Flouride and duckroll for earlier lists ;) So this new Project X is either one of these projects, or a completely new one...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

This might be Project Rhode Island, then?

Heja Sverige!!

So this is either a kickstarter or some cancelled project getting revived? Or why would they abandon the state names from the projects. It would make no sense! At all! !!

Anyways, can't wait. Tell me more, now.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm thinking it's Virginia or North Carolina since they've deliberately kept the "state project name" secret. Since we don't yet know anything about Rhode Island, it wouldn't make sense to do so in that case... And yes, project NC was of course cancelled, but since it was so recently, I guess it could have been picked up by somebody else...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'm thinking it's Virginia or North Carolina since they've deliberately kept the "state project name" secret. Since we don't yet know anything about Rhode Island, it wouldn't make sense to do so in that case... And yes, project NC was of course cancelled, but since it was so recently, I guess it could have been picked up by somebody else...

Or they could be releasing NC via Kickstarter in Chapters. Instead of a huge bulk :)

Hopefully MS didn't get to keep the IP.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I agree it's not the easiest point of view to defend but my first guess when I read the news was: there are doing fallout 4. there are going to start where van burden stopped and add on that material. Bethesda did not announce any fallout 4 they said they will do it but never said when and who will do it.

Looking at the page design, the font and the words itself and it should be pretty obvious that this not related to Fallout in any kind of way.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

obsidian is still in the game development biz? am recalling that they made fo:nv, no? we were fortunate enough to avoid being an unwitting alpha protocol beta tester, and we had 0 interest in the most recent ds incarnation. south park? uh... no thanks.

*shrug*

am recalling those stoopid blank book spines at the old interplay site that were meant to create anticipation regarding forthcoming d&d games. such stuff leaves us a bit... flaccid. am not gonna guess, and we is actual a bit surprised that we cares so little 'bout the next obsidian offering. our level o' interest regarding the new obsidian title is probable = to our anticipation regarding the next justin bieber album.

regardless o' the announcement, we is unlikely to follow the development o' the new project as obsidian is currently a bit irrelevant to us-- which is too bad. we genuine liked obsidian games.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oooo.....I just heard about this, playing catch-up. Exciting. Please be a new IP!

At the least ... please be a known IP that isn't based on a cartoon series that I have no interest in. :p:lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Quick google of the phrase "sound without form" brings up a Chinese philosopher called Han Wen-kung.

This guy said: "of old there was but one faith; now there are three,"--meaning Confucianism, Buddhism, and Taoism.

Might match the influences of Wheel of Time and that three thing might be the emblem (just going off of Wikipedia, here never actually read, or even heard of the books before today).

And of course the dragon in a circle.

Probs very wrong but who knows.

I did some research on the words mentioned ion the page and in the code.

I came across this: http://www.epberglun...6/ns16fic17.htm

This makes me pretty sure that this game will have an occult/dark setting inspired by Lovecraft, or directly based on Lovecrafts work.

Glanfath = Granfather

"My name is Richard Daniel Upton. My father was Edward Derby Upton and my grandfather was Daniel Upton. Grandfather, you see, was the originator of this horrid family inheritance: all due to a secret his father before him had, which lead to everything else that followed."

Esenath = Asenath (just different spelling)

"My grandfather, Daniel Upton, had a very close friend named Edward Pickman Derby. Edward was something of a child prodigy to whom my grandfather took a liking. While my grandfather pursued his career in architecture, an ability he seemed to have been innately endowed with, his friend Edward pursued literature and metaphysics. When Edward was 38 years old and immersed in further studies of the arcane, he met a 23-year-old woman going to Miskatonic University. Her name was Asenath Waite. Edward fell in love with her, and they were married. Edward then suffered from a psychotic disorder wherein his personality seemed to change, or so it sounded like this to me as I read my grandfather's notes. Apparently, after less than four years of marriage, he and his wife fought so badly that he murdered her. He was then committed to Arkham Sanatorium."

"Asenath Waite hailed from Innsmouth, a town said to be the local center of the "Cthulhu Cult." Her father had arranged for her to be made the ward of the principal of Hall School, in Kingsport. She was somewhat of a bully in that school, given to frightening the other children with tales of magic and even shows of magic, but not trickery: genuine magic. After coming of age, she went to Miskatonic University where she was introduced to Edward. According to grandfather, she wanted Edward's body: literally, not romantically. Also, according to grandfather, Asenath was not entirely human, she was "half of the blood of Dagon," as grandfather put it, which posed a danger for Kamog. Here is where the notes get confusing, and deal with my own family."

Here it also mentiones the 'The Worm Ouroboros'

"Who was Kamog? My own great-granduncle! Our big family secret seems to have been that my grandfather's father was Jewish! He was one Bezalel Yehuda ben-Daniel. He had a brother Khemosh Ephraim ben-Daniel. They were Jewish, yet not entirely Jewish in the religious sense. They were of a mysterious tribe known of old as Kenites, yet they traced their matrilineal Hebrew descent from the tribe of Dan through Bilhah, and in this chest were the records to prove this! While the tribe of Dan is well known, the same can not be said of the Kenites. Kenites, which in Hebrew means "builders," were famed architects, which is probably where grandfather inherited the ability he pursued as his own career. They were also known to be Ophitic or Obic people. Ophite referred to the Serpent of Wisdom, or Satan; whereas Ob referred to an even more ancient term "Ub-aur" or "Ubb" and was related to a most ancient cult of Worm Idolatry, perhaps akin to the Ouroboros: "The Worm Ouroboros.""

It would be great if anyone with more knowledge of the Cthulhu Mythos where to confirm this or do even more research

Edited by karmatrooper
  • Like 3

That would be rather noice.

Heja Sverige!!