Need more people for IRC Call of Cthulhu

Hey all. My friends and I are trying to get either a Dragon Age or Call of Cthulhu PnP game going via IRC, but we need, preferably, 2 or 3 more people (although we can deal with as little as 1 or as much as 4 or 5).

I figured I would post a topic here to see if there is any interest amongst you in joining.

if we choose Dragon Age, it will start off with a pre-built adventure to get us going, afterwhich it will transition into my own written adventure which explores many different places through Fereldan, starting with the city of South Reach and moving throughout Fereldan, including the great cities of Denerim, Orzammar, and even the fables keeps of Warden's Keep and Vigil's Keep.

With Call of Cthulhu, the campaign will take place in the early 1900s, and depending on player actions, may very well continue onwards through the timeline. There is an impending doom that is slowly creeping up upon the world. Its seeds are planted in a very inconspicuous place indeed: a seemingly innocent train-ride on the famous Simplon-Orient Express throughout Europe.

The campaign prologue and first chapter will be my own personal take on the famous CoC rendition of Agatha Christie's famous mystery. after this, the campaign will continue onwards through the early 1900s, as the investigators continue their tumultuous adventure down the proverbial rabbit hole. I've always liked to introduce a healthy does of "weird" into my horror campaigns, so if we choose to play CoC, it will certainly contain enough weird horror-fantasy staples to keep you all interested.

So if anyone would be interested in playing something akin to either of these, please either respond or shoot me a private message.

I love Call of Cthulu and I've resolved myself that I'll never get to play a PnP session of it again unless it's online. I can't stomach the DnD group at all, and so I might be interested in an irc game. Post the schedule and the basic rules here and I'll see if there's even a chance of getting onboard. I might be able to make most of the games.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The other members of the group have actually opted to go with Dragon Age, as they are currently more in the mood for dark fantasy rather than lovecraftian horror. If you're still interested, we're going to start playing later this week. Our schedules are a bit hectic, so I would honestly have to get your own schedule and have a sit down meeting with them before I could give you a basic schedule.

In terms of basic rules, we'll be following the Green Ronin Dragon Age rules, including the set 3 beta rules, including a couple of alterations in my own homebrewed set which allow for starting pets and starting specializations. Additionally, they want to use a virtual tabletop rather than IRC, and I will most likely be using Roll20 to cover that aspect. If you're still interested, PM me your contact info (AIM, etc) and I'll get in touch. If not, I'm sorry that we're not going to be doing CoC anymore.

No problem. You have to go with what the majority of the group wants, so that's fair. I'm not really all that excited by doing a DA game, but best of luck to you guys!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

• 2 months later...

Hola,

if this seems like a dumb question, I apologize... but I've really been wanting to try these PnP games for a couple monthnow, but never had the chance (no RL friends who are really interested/commited enough).

This is probably outdated thread, but I'll try anyway. If I were to take part, what srt of resources would I need? I'm a total noob to this :)

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Just hi-jacking this thread a bit. A few friends and I play a p&p game where we've sadly lost 2 out of 4 players due to real life issues (leaving 2 players and the DM) the last couple of months. We could use at least one player, possibly two. If somebody has genuine interest in joining a completely dysfunctional party, heading for Ravenloft, death and damnation, send me a PM.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein