The Secret World (MMORPG by Ragnar T

C2B

I'm the kind of gamer who is interested mostly in the story and not so much on builds, loot, raids and PVP.

Then this is pretty much the only MMO out there that will suit your tastes.

I disagree, this game is pretty heavily reliant on builds, gear, and the trinity of DPS, tank, and healing.

Guild Wars 2 sounds like a better fit if you want to avoid that stuff.

I disagree, GW2 is just the uglier sister of WoW.

Whatever your opinion of the graphics, it is the first modern MMO to throw the standard conventions out the window. The Secret World is nice because combat forces you to be active and move around, but when you go into a dungeon, you still need a healer, a tank, and a DPS build character. You need gear that works for your build.

I'm not saying that is a bad thing for Secret World, but it simply means it still follows the formula in that regard.

Also, as much as I love the non combat-centric quests, the game really pushes you to repeat it all more than once, and there really isn't much of a storyline difference between the three factions.

• 1 month later...

It's a shame because it is a really interesting game with a great setting. But the content is limited, I felt after a month of play that I'd done a large part of what was offered, and so I didn't keep my sub. Hopefully they can keep the doors open and add some content down the road, I can see myself returning to it eventually.

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree, GW2 is just the uglier sister of WoW.

Apparently, you and I will start to like MMO's when they stop being... MMO's.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Man, Ragnar should have continued with The Longest Journey series. At this point I am not sure if they can invest on an Adventure game at all.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I think TLJ/Dreamfall would be pretty safe for Funcom. It can be done without a very hefty budget and it's bound to generate buzz on its own. It just won't be a massive success that would get the back on their feet to making high budget MMOs.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."