What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Had an hour or two to myself and been playing a nice little third person shooter, Rogue Trooper, based on the old 2000ad comic strip. It's actually quite good, but like many modern properties fails to wring enough juice out of its subject matter. Like with that Space Marine game, I kept wanting to delve more deeply into the surrounding world and setting but was restricted to linear levels and plot progression. Too much formula, not enough ambition.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Funnily today I played the Ra's Al Ghul (sp?) part of AC, just finishing it before going to the movie. And it largly was about that. It was interesting and coincidental, and great to see what the game and movie did the same, and what the differences where.

Really want to continue playing, yet it's late (long movie) and have to rise early, so that's probably a bad idea...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Finished KOTOR 2 with TSLRCM. What next? Choices are:

1) Darksiders 1 replay to prepare for Darksiders 2.

2) Transformers: War for Cybertron replay to prepare for Fall of Cybertron

3) The Book of Unwritten Tales because I just want a good adventure.

4) Some random RPG from my backlog

5) Neverwinter Nights because I hate fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Funnily today I played the Ra's Al Ghul (sp?) part of AC, just finishing it before going to the movie. And it largly was about that. It was interesting and coincidental, and great to see what the game and movie did the same, and what the differences where.

Really want to continue playing, yet it's late (long movie) and have to rise early, so that's probably a bad idea...

Oh, there's a longer story there where Talia has batmans illegit love-child who becomes a major player later. And the Lazerous Pits.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A bit of "online p&p" with some friends. Leaving the laptop at home (in Australia) and not having a smart phone is a liberating experience when travelling. Just the odd internet access every now and then and what you can do with that limited time and Firefox.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I like a week or so completely without touching a computer, but longer than that and I'd probably bring the tablet along, instead. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

2 IMO, it's rather short, so you'll be done with it quick and can move on to something else. Was lots of fun, though.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mvm/

I hold to a firm belief that horde modes are the most boring multiplayer game mode ever devised. And you don't even get anything for suffering through it unless you pay a ticket per map session.

I won't be touching that ever.

You're faster than me. I just touched down on Korriban, which is the 4th of the hub planets I've done. More importantly, I think I've reached all the influence-based dialogue thresholds for everyone in my crew except HK-47. (I got him to talk about Revan, but I still get a "failure" at the "show me how you killed Jedi" request.) I recall Korriban being fairly devoid of companion interaction, but hopefully there are some more opportunities to raise my HK influence in the Return-to-Onderron and Darth Nihilus sequences.

You're faster than me. I just touched down on Korriban, which is the 4th of the hub planets I've done. More importantly, I think I've reached all the influence-based dialogue thresholds for everyone in my crew except HK-47. (I got him to talk about Revan, but I still get a "failure" at the "show me how you killed Jedi" request.) I recall Korriban being fairly devoid of companion interaction, but hopefully there are some more opportunities to raise my HK influence in the Return-to-Onderron and Darth Nihilus sequences.

I'm guessing there'll be some HK influence when you get the HK Droid Factory thing going which is somewhere around then.. if I understand the TSLRCM..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There's no influence in the factory.

Pre-ordered BL2 ... other than that, not playing a thing. I still get "into" a few games here and there per year, but overall, the gaming industry has rather lost me. I look sometimes, but almost none of it - big name or indie - is even remotely appealing/my thing. I'm guessing if the industry continues in the directions it's been going, genre/style wise, in about 5-8 years I won't be playing video games at all. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, looks like a major questline bug has ruined my play through of Risen 2.

I'm at the point in the Maracai village where I have to report back to Corrientes about finding the wall of fire entrance, but the problem is I've already uncovered who Corrientes is. So when I converse with him, the only dialogue option to me is to reveal what I know, which instigates a fight with him and his men. This also means the entire village attacks me and sides with him, despite the fact I'd just finished helping solve all their issues.

Apparently this is a widespread issue on the 360 version. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I'll try different quests for the next little bit and come back to this one when it's resolved.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well my Sleeping Dogs arrived, so I shall probably be playing that at some point later in the day...

Sleeping Dogs fights really remind me of the Rocksteady Batman games fights. Only it's more brutal. With the high-res texture pack, the game is looking really good. Tried to run tje game maxed out, but the benchmark only gave me an average of 15 fps, lol.

Anybody playing Darksiders 2? It gets unexpectedly good reviews. What do the Obsidian board dwellers think?

Loved the first and fully intend to get the second. But am going to replay the first beforehand.

Anybody playing Darksiders 2? It gets unexpectedly good reviews. What do the Obsidian board dwellers think?

Loved the first and fully intend to get the second. But am going to replay the first beforehand.

I'm not sure why that would be unexpected, the first was a surprise hit and had a ton of buzz in the media.

Well I would be playing Sleeping Dogs.. but it took about 30-40 minutes to install from the disc, then Steam decided to spend another hour downloading further bits of it.. I log in, only to find it doesn't automatically do the hi-res pack and you have to download that seperately.. which is apparently going to take another hour... >_<

A few days back I wanted to install KoTOR 2 again to play through the new version, but first I wanted to beat this freeware horror game called Slender. Supposedly, it should take somewhere between 5 to 12 minutes to beat, but I can't do it (I made it to page 6, but then the Slender Man always gets me) and my paranoia level is rising to the point I can't sleep (I keep looking behind me like in the game), so I'm just going to give up and start a fresh install of KoTOR 2. Wasted a couple of perfectly good days on this tiny little game.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Transformers: War for Cybertron

HAIL LORD MEGATRON

Art direction is a bit messy. Far too often I have trouble telling enemies from background. Though the gunfire itself helps resolve the confusion.