Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Or later even.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
529 replies to this topic

Blodhemn

Blodhemn

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 498 posts

Well beat Hard Reset, plotwise that was a pretty random ending - well, not much plot anyway. Still, good mindless carnage for $4. On to Saints Row 3

Hard Reset is a nice little game with good shooting mechanics and more atmosphere than the AAA titles.

Yep, I didn't mean to say it was a bad game or anything. Very short, but I don't think it sold for $60 or something at the start anyway. The atmosphere in the levels is very cool, heh, made me wish I could go into the places. The weapon switching was a bit weird to get used to - 2 guns but with different modes. Probably didn't help that I suck at the game, had trouble with the gorrilas for ages before I figured out that the stasis and rockets work well. :p

Yeah - I was just backing you up in saying that it was a decent little game.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7989 posts
I just beat the Act 2 boss.. Yes, I was stupid enough to risk it all. But I did it. Got very close to dying on two different occasions, but was lucky and survived. It was not one of my best fights :/ I was very nervous.

So.. Now I have the wonderful world of maps open to me! Except.. now I'm afraid of maps instead (you never know what to expect inside them). Great.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finished off Prototype 2. Not bad, felt a little short, and while the gameplay in general had some handling improvements compared to the first, the character of Heller is just.. bland and fairly stupid. For a guy who is supposed to have been a valorous, highly trained and decorated soldier - even if he's blinded by rage and a need for vengeance - he's just surpisingly dull and non-smart.

And then they end it on that potential hang out for a third game. Which of course, will likely never happen with Radical's layoffs and shift to being a "support group" for other Activision titles.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 5945 posts
Finally finished Spec Ops, wow what an ending

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9116 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Looks like Risen 2 is out for the XBox 360 today. I'll finally be able to play the game.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10096 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Looks like Risen 2 is out for the XBox 360 today. I'll finally be able to play the game.

Don't.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2296 posts
Four months after buying it, and after a couple of days Origin-wrangling, finally started ME3. Taking my time through it due to limited time and no great enthusiasm - everything about it plotwise has been spoiled for me a long time ago - but the kindest thing about it I can say is that it's not worse than ME2.

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2076 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Been playing Infamous 1&2. Good games, that just lacked on thing, feeling powerful. In a game where you play as a super powered PC, the character should feel super powered. Prototype did this better.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7989 posts
Oops. I just died in Path of Exile HC. Reached level 66 so I'm pretty proud of that.

The end-game is still not enough as it stands. The maps are still too rare and there is no point to going to them after a few days of playing. Sure, you can get different maps, but they are small and mostly the same, meaning after a few hours you've seen them all. And the only reason for you to go to a map is to try to get better equipment.. which after a while becomes extremely tedious. There's no story arc or anything driving you on.

Maybe I'll go back to it after act 3 is released (when open beta is released, sometime later this year). Until then, I'm done with Path of Exile. It was fun for a while and I recommend it for people bored of Diablo 3.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9377 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Bought Book of Unwritten Tales yesterday on Steam. I've heard nothing but good things and am fighting to finish this KOTOR run before I play it. I swear, if one of you guys tells me it sucks I'll cry. Unless it's Morgoth, then I'll take that as endorsement.

Quantum Conundrum also launched its first DLC. I have the season pass, so I tried to give it a whirl. Made my way through the first room, made it to the second room, which just loops right back into itself. I... think I'm lost. So I went right back to KOTOR.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
still playing league of legends, the claws are sunk into me, i want to buy a champion.
  • tripleRRR likes this

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer

still playing league of legends, the claws are sunk into me, i want to buy a champion.

:lol:
Which ones do you fancy?

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
last week i tried all the free characters and decided i liked malphite the best, i almost bought him

this week i've tried most of the free characters and have discovered that sejuani is similar to malphite but even more fun

so i guess im going to wait until next weeks characters, and see if i can find one i like better than sejuani, if not, im gonna buy sejuani (and maybe malphite too...)

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6922 posts
  • Backer
To be frank, Sejuani is severely weaker than other characters (though I've seen a match where almost every kill landed to her, still no idea how that happened), but hur ult it very potent. Malphite on the other hand is a very scary champion. His ult is a constant danger for the whole enemy team, he gains damage from stacking armor and with maxed items is very very hard to kill while having enough damage to kill a squishy carry with one combo. And that's the tank build.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3540 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
interesting, at the low skill level, sejuani seems better to me, she's faster and does more damage quickly (though she is very reliant on skills). i guess malphite is better at competitive level because his skills slow enemy attack speed instead of slowing their move speed?

or maybe i was just not putting the right items on malphite...

either way, i really like both characters, just slightly prefer sejuani so far

i seem to like characters that have really good defense, and the ability to hit everything around them instead of just focusing on one enemy at a time.

Edited by entrerix, 01 August 2012 - 11:49 AM.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I really need some more good monster bashing click-fests to keep me occupied until BL2. Sadly, such games seem to be the only thing that keeps my attention these days, because I don't have to "think."

Wish I liked PoE more...it's a decent game, but something about it still doesn't quite click with me.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9116 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Decided to give the CoD MW3 single player campaign a try. Did they cut down on the story element from previous versions? It seems like all I'm doing is shooting things, taking a quick break, then back to shooting things. I could have sworn previous MW campaigns had more cutscene/story between the shooting.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4365 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Decided to give the CoD MW3 single player campaign a try. Did they cut down on the story element from previous versions? It seems like all I'm doing is shooting things, taking a quick break, then back to shooting things. I could have sworn previous MW campaigns had more cutscene/story between the shooting.

I think you're misremembering. It still manages to be worse than the previous two, so you're right in that sense.

Edited by Nepenthe, 02 August 2012 - 09:23 AM.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
They really should have followed up with Ramirez. Maybe he forgot to breathe as Foley wasn't around though..
  • Orogun01 likes this

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10096 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Replaying Starcraft 2 campaign. The new UI coming with patch 1.5 looks really slick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users