Why isn't there a Dead State kickstarter thread? What's wrong with you guys?

Llyranor

I thought you guys liked RPGs? I thought you guys liked Bloodlines?

http://www.kickstart...al-rpg?ref=live

Well, this is Brian Mitsoda's freaking ZRPG! Kickstarter ends in 7 days, get on it! If you support them now, you can get the game at half the price it'd be at release. Pretty sweet deal! Of course, greater funding leads to greater rewards. The goal is already met, the game will be made. BUT, there are lots of stretch goals. We're approaching 200K as of now.

$180,000 - The Weapon Pack [GOAL REACHED MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA]

$210k - New Areas (Military Base, Regional Airport, County Fair, Mall)

$240k - More Attack Animations, 2 New Allies, 2 New Shelter Upgrades.

$260k - More Character Creation Options, More Zombie Variety, Post-Release Game Modifiers

$300k - The City Area (High risk, high reward), 1 New Ally

$330k - Animals Added, [CYBERNETIC NINJA] Dog Allies [sHOOTING GIANT SPACE LASERS OUT OF THEIR EYES] Added

$360k - Mini-Expansion For Backers After Release (Adds military-grade weapons and zones of control)

Recent previews:

http://www.forbes.co...-brian-mitsoda/

http://rampantgames.com/blog/?p=4534

http://justpressstart.net/?p=10205

Dead State is all about human survival and psychology in the wake of a global disaster. You need allies for security, but they also need food, and that can lead to morale issues. Your goal is to keep the shelter from falling apart, going out into the dead-filled streets and towns looking for food and other supplies, dealing with the much smarter and unpredictable humans, and trying to keep your shelter fence up while improving the conditions inside.

Allies bring issues to you, are assigned jobs, build items, upgrade the shelter and handle crises. On the area map, you can travel to known locations, find random encounters or events, and harvest wild sources of food. On the combat maps, you can explore in real time, find items and supplies, enter turn-based combat with humans or zombies, and sometimes meet other characters or groups.

Definitely, we were inspired by Jagged Alliance and X-Com, and alsoFallout, which was pretty much the game that directly got me into the industry

post-161-0-22488000-1340853332_thumb.jpg

post-161-0-03110200-1340853340_thumb.jpg

post-161-0-83349100-1340853350_thumb.jpg

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hovering the mouse over the thumbnails shows how many times each image has been clicked on: 10, 8 58!, 8... Anybody still claim that sex doesn't sell??? :lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hovering the mouse over the thumbnails shows how many times each image has been clicked on: 10, 8 58!, 8... Anybody still claim that sex doesn't sell??? :lol:

To be fair, I had already seen all the other screenshots on their official website, forums and Kickstarter page and was curious about what game the other was taken from :disguise:

I wish the Mitsodas well on this project, but I'm tired of zombies. I gave up on World War 2 entirely after playing only three games in the setting. I've passed my quota on zombies and then some.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

anyone who claims that sex doesn't sell is not in the sales business :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Oh, right. Here are the two links not working above. I can't edit it anymore. Make me a mod, Gorth! I haven't made any trouble in decades!

http://www.kickstart...al-rpg?ref=live

http://www.forbes.co...-brian-mitsoda/

Yeah, we have too many zombie games nowadays. The appeal of this game for me is that they aren't the focus here. They're just there as the crisis that occured. Game seems to focus more on the breakdown of society following that, and survival.

Here's the context for that pic, btw (not my original story, unfortunately!)

http://forums.obsidi...post__p__910021

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Backed this too, am still not sure they needed to have a zombie setting to do what they want to do, just about any other setting would have been so much more interesting, but what the heck, the rest looks good.

I don't find a naked chick in a fireplace particularly titillating, more something that I need to see in a larger size before I go talk to a doctor about misogynic hallucinations.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Backed this too, am still not sure they needed to have a zombie setting to do what they want to do, just about any other setting would have been so much more interesting, but what the heck, the rest looks good.

Don't be fooled by yet another Zombie impression - I recommend you to read sources to find out what actual Brian's intention. And check your profiling ability if you think someone who dares go independent will choose the theme simply because it appears to be popular. ;)

Beside the faq, here is new good info source at Reddit.

Sorry couldn't disagree more. Any other setting and my interest would be a lot less. Besides Mitsoda wanted to do a zombie game, about survival and how the player deals with the world and those around him. I don't see how he can accomplish that without zombies.

Actually there is another setting that would interest me as much, a Thing ripoff rpg.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't find a naked chick in a fireplace particularly titillating,

In a fireplace???

Well, that would make her a hot chick, no? ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't find a naked chick in a fireplace particularly titillating,

In a fireplace???

Well, that would make her a hot chick, no? ;)

Smoldering.

Don't give up you day job just yet!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I know what Brian wants to do with zombies, as I've been following Dead State since the very beginning. Yes, he is trying to do something different from shoot 'em all and other interpretations of the setting, and yes he's pumping up the survival factor. I like that. I just think, purely personally, (1) the zombie stuff still sounds incredibly boring, and (2) take a Lord of the Flies like marooned setting, or a postapocalyptic setting that takes a nature-go-wild view rather than Fallout-desert view, or something else that plays up survival in similar ways and I'd have been a lot happier.

But in the end, I think it's the survival based gameplay mechanics that are the core of this game, and that's why I put my $ down.

But in the end, I think it's the survival based gameplay mechanics that are the core of this game, and that's why I put my $ down.

No disagreement here. I'm not into zombies, either, but I think Brian is good enough to come up with interesting themes, reading his interviews. Now thinking of it, I'm not particularly into fantasy or Sci-Fi, either, so, guess the themes mean more to me. In fact, most of the settings of fantasy RPGs can be replaced by another generic fantasy world except something like Planescape: Torment, where the theme and the world are tied together.

The project passed the second stretch goal! :w00t: