Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Watched Ghost Rider 2... This movie is so bad, I regret watching it. What angers me the most is that the movie could have been over after 30 minutes... but the ghost rider decided to just stand around, doing nothing, while the bad dudes are trashing him with grenades.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just watched Iron Sky and I want more, it was a surprising amount of fun but I was mostly aware what to expect, I also liked the Dr Strangelove references.

Iron Sky went into my shopping cart at Amazon today. 3rd party resellers only for some reason and couldn't find a DVD, only a blu-ray versions. Ah, what the heck?... I'll watch it soon enough :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Saw The Amazing Spider-Man. I really liked it. It's better than I remember the Raimi Spider-Man films being, at least 2 and 3 anyway.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hm, on the movie related news..

Ernest Borgnine has passed away today.

Ernest Borgnine, the beefy screen star known for blustery, often villainous roles, but who won the best-actor Oscar for playing against type as a lovesick butcher in "Marty" in 1955, died Sunday. He was 95.

His longtime spokesman, Harry Flynn, told The Associated Press that Borgnine died of renal failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with his wife and children at his side.

Borgnine, who endeared himself to a generation of Baby Boomers with the 1960s TV comedy "McHale's Navy," first attracted notice in the early 1950s in villain roles, notably as the vicious Fatso Judson, who beat Frank Sinatra to death in "From Here to Eternity."

Then came "Marty," a low-budget film based on a Paddy Chayefsky television play that starred Rod Steiger. Borgnine played a 34-year-old who fears he is so unattractive he will never find romance. Then, at a dance, he meets a girl with the same fear.

"Sooner or later, there comes a point in a man's life when he's gotta face some facts," Marty movingly tells his mother at one point in the film. "And one fact I gotta face is that, whatever it is that women like, I ain't got it. I chased after enough girls in my life. I-I went to enough dances. I got hurt enough. I don't wanna get hurt no more."

The realism of Chayefsky's prose and Delbert Mann's sensitive direction astonished audiences accustomed to happy Hollywood formulas. Borgnine won the Oscar and awards from the Cannes Film Festival, New York Critics and National Board of Review. Mann and Chayefsky also won Oscars, and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences hailed the $360,000 "Marty" as best picture over big-budget contenders "The Rose Tattoo," ''Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing," ''Picnic" and "Mister Roberts."

"The Oscar made me a star, and I'm grateful," Borgnine told an interviewer in 1966. "But I feel had I not won the Oscar I wouldn't have gotten into the messes I did in my personal life."

Those messes included four failed marriages, including one in 1964 to singer Ethel Merman that lasted less than six weeks. But Borgnine's fifth marriage, in 1973 to Norwegian-born Tova Traesnaes, endured and brought with it an interesting business partnership. She manufactured and sold her own beauty products under the name of Tova and used her husband's rejuvenated face in her ads. During a 2007 interview with The Associated Press, Borgnine expressed delight that their union had reached 34 years. "That's longer than the total of my four other marriages," he commented, laughing heartily.

Although still not a marquee star until after "Marty," the roles of heavies started coming regularly after "From Here to Eternity." Among the films: "Bad Day at Black Rock," ''Johnny Guitar," ''Demetrius and the Gladiators," ''Vera Cruz."

Director Nick Ray advised the actor: "Get out of Hollywood in two years or you'll be typed forever." Then came the Oscar, and Borgnine's career was assured.

He played a sensitive role opposite Bette Davis in another film based on a Chayefsky TV drama, "The Catered Affair," a film that was a personal favorite. It concerned a New York taxi driver and his wife who argued over the expense of their daughter's wedding. But producers also continued casting Borgnine in action films such as "Three Bad Men," ''The Vikings," ''Torpedo Run," ''Barabbas," ''The Dirty Dozen" and "The Wild Bunch."

Then he successfully made the transition to TV comedy. From 1962 to 1966, Borgnine

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Infernal Affairs. I do like Matt Damon, Leo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholsom, but do think Infernal Affairs was slightly better than The Departed.

Infernal Affairs 2 is my favourite movie of all time, you MUST see it, it blows the original out of the water.

Checked out In Bruges on Netflix. Made me want to visit Bruges.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

On more general movie news.. For the upcoming Assasin's Creed adaption to the big screen..

Oh, Michael Fassbender, will he ever put a foot wrong? After capturing my geeky heart (German-Irish accent aside) with X-Men First Class, tickling my art-film tastebuds in Hunger, and being the best damn thing - heck, the only good thing at all - about Prometheus, I didn't think my man-crush could swell any further. Now it's been announced he's co-producing and starring in a big-screen adaptation of Assassin's Creed, the popular stab-em-up video game series developed by Ubisoft. Be still my inner fanboy...

Over the years, I

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Saw the new Spiderman. Some fun action moments but other than that it was pretty... meh. And completely predictable in every way whatsoever.

Just feels so completely unnecessary at this point. I can't get into comic-gone-movies anymore. I just sit there thinking "why am I watching this again?"

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just saw dumb-ass comedy 21 Jump Street. It was actually very funny. Johnny Depp's cameo was cool and Ice Cube just shouts and swears for a change. Channing Tatum is quite happy to send himself up, and pulls of the gag nicely, but FFS Jonah Hill looks double-spooky now he's lost all that weight.

It reminded me of any number of High School comedies with a dollop of Hot Fuzz.

sonsofgygax.JPG