Movies you've seen recently

Tale

Tyrion Lannister .... with a pocketful of Shrooms.

Although I do wonder how much Peter Dinklage is aiming to make sure he's thought of for more then Game of Thrones now.. :)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Felt pretty lazy the other day after work, so I re-watched the Big Lebowski (while of course drinking a white russian). It's kinda funny... I don't think the film is *that* awesome or funny. It's just kind of... pleasant to watch, kinda like the Dude himself. Just good to relax to and sorta have a chuckle about it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

ridley scott has been having some issues ever since black hawk down... kingdom of heaven was a mess, that robin hood movie.... i'm surprised prometheus turned out even halfway decent (i haven't seen it yet, but i've heard its not too terrible)

Did you see the director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven? MUCH better. Some of the things I headscratched over in the theatrical are much clearer with the extra 40 minutes or so.

Felt pretty lazy the other day after work, so I re-watched the Big Lebowski (while of course drinking a white russian). It's kinda funny... I don't think the film is *that* awesome or funny. It's just kind of... pleasant to watch, kinda like the Dude himself. Just good to relax to and sorta have a chuckle about it.

Thats a movie I need to rewatch. I hear nothing but endless love for that flick but I just thought it was kinda ok. Possibly just expectations were too high.

Edited by Oerwinde
  • Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

American Grafitti.

It becomes better the older you get.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Watched the old Judge Dredd movie again a few days ago. It is... well... let's say it isn't worse than other action movies of that time. The story is a big cliche and the end is super cheesy, but other than that, I thought it was pretty watchable.

Also watched the Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage yesterday. I thought the movie was good, but the end is just so damn lame. Also I think the german version is cut, because the torture wasn't shown. What a shait.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Also watched the Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage yesterday. I thought the movie was good, but the end is just so damn lame. Also I think the german version is cut, because the torture wasn't shown. What a shait.

Oh god. The Wicker Man remake is one of the worst. Cage at his finest. :p

The original is a better film....if a bit more dull...tho I still wouldn't say it's great.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, I like Cage too. His over-acting is priceless and I'll often watch a film just because he's in it. But Wicker Man was too much even for me.

And yes, Cage had some income or property tax issues. But I think his bigger problem is that he apparently has a multimillion property/home buying obsession (15 houses/castles), as well as other mega-pricey habits. Lots of lawsuits were flung around as a result. Whether this still applies, I don't know. Could be paid off at this time and now he's just slumming/used to the easy packchecks. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

if you watch demolition man and judge dredd back to back then dredd becomes unwatchably bad by comparison. demolition man is great though

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Since I finished reading the Road, decided to re-watch the film version. It's pretty great as well, pretty faithful overall and what changes are there feel like they make sense given the difference in mediums. Some excellent post-apocalyptic imagery. Robert Duvall as the old guy they encounter along the way is a fantastic little performance.

Something I really enjoy about the Road (both book and film) is that it really feels like the world is dying. Life is disappearing, the candle is burning out. There is no re-building, everything is just fading away. Bleak and effective.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

if you watch demolition man and judge dredd back to back then dredd becomes unwatchably bad by comparison. demolition man is great though

Simon says it's mostly because of Wesley Snipes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've never found her to be particularly attractive, her role in the movie was kind of cute though.

BTW anyone knows how the three shells work?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Saw Chronicle. I loved it, but think it could have been better served as a traditional flick instead of "found footage". Some of the sequences worked really well, and the telekinesis angle allowed them to film things in a way that makes it closer to a traditional flick (which is why it worked as well as it did). Overall definitely worth watching.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

American Reunion. Better than the last few American Pie movies.

Started watching South Park epsiodes. An episode was about bullying in school and it was amusing. The second episode was about zip lining and it was the worst SP episode I have seen.

Tree of Life.

I don't see the big deal about this film. It's very pretty, and yes it's "lyrical" and "spiritual." But watching 20 minutes of CGI "space" kaleidoscope/images set to new age music is a bit much to take. The real-actor portion of the movie, which is mostly in the middle, was better, with good actors and visual editing (there's not much dialogue) but overall...not my sort of thing. My mother might like it a lot tho...except she'd probably get bored by that first long "space" sequence and turn it off before they got to the part she'd actually appreciate. :p

Edit: I do get that the film is trying to be high visual motion art with a spiritual "message" or whatever, perhaps, but ... eh...yeah, just not for me.

Edited by LadyCrimson