Diablo 3 Sign-Up

I've been doing Diablo Hell runs with Nephalem Valor, if I have decent party-mates it's challenging but decently fast, we mow down Diablo pretty well, and I usually get nearly ten rares in each run including all the mobs - not bad.

Of course, I still haven't seen any sets or legendaries, and most of what I wear is bought on AH for 50k or less - if this keeps up I'm going to lose interest. Have not had a single instance where I've been positively thrilled by an amazing drop, and now you don't have rune drops and gems suck, there's not even that aspect of collecting.

but if you are farming gold in nightmare, you're losing that very very very small chance of finding a super amazing inferno item that could concievably drop

but i imagine if you just need a little more gold, it might be faster just to quickly charge through some of nightmare, i dunno, im not to inferno with any of my characters yet

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I farm the last act of Hell and up to the SK in Inferno. Havent gotten any totally amazing drops but some pretty decent 400-600 DPS weapons for my followers. Recently bought myself a 630-something DPS weapon (around 80k gold) and a kickass ring (90k gold) which has pushed me over 10k DPS. Not amazing but not total crap either.

I don't know how you survive with such low damage - I have a 950 DPS weapon and, with sharpshooter, go up to about 30k dps. I guess you have much higher defensive / survivabilty stats... I have about 450-500 res, 30-something% dodge and ~17.5k life. Seems to be OK, though it's pretty fragile for Inferno.

huh, my wizard, in act one hell, has 24k life. now, i'm using her as a tank (lightning armor and spectral blade ftw), but 17k life for any character in inferno seems lowish

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't know how you survive with such low damage - I have a 950 DPS weapon and, with sharpshooter, go up to about 30k dps. I guess you have much higher defensive / survivabilty stats... I have about 450-500 res, 30-something% dodge and ~17.5k life. Seems to be OK, though it's pretty fragile for Inferno.

Bob and weave baby, bob and weave. LOL. Im way to poor for those fancy weapons, I only have like 1.3m gold. :(

but if you are farming gold in nightmare, you're losing that very very very small chance of finding a super amazing inferno item that could concievably drop

If you can farm Act3 Inferno, this might be true.

Act1 Inferno drops nothing but crud for your level. I see a whole lot of lvl 55 items, for example. Ok, I did find that Tal Rasha belt. But I mean..they suck 99% of the time. Just more efficient to farm gold as fast as possible and wait for someone to sell something on the AH you want. Sad but true. Altho, the patch may change this, with ilvl drops changing. I'll definitely be checking it out when that happens.

At the moment Highlands to the Butcher in Act1 Inferno, about an hour, 80K-120K gold. But Act4 NM or Act2 Hell, I can make 300K in that hour because I can do multiple entire "runs" in that hour. Right now I just want to stock up on gold so I can stop thinking about stupid gold for a long while and just play. Plus, in anticipation of potential higher repair costs and dying a lot in Inferno Act3 or 4. :p

After playing a DH and Barb into late Act3 NM, I can say....it's a Monk thing. They seem designed to be a lower dps but high survivability skills class, making up for the seemingly lower dps. It may say 13000dps on the stat sheet, but I dunno...sometimes I think the actual result may be quite a bit higher than the stat indicates. You could make a high dps Monk of course, and I'm sure some do, but they don't need to be, relatively speaking. My Dodge is only 31%, btw.

Of course there's the bob and weave thing, too. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

huh, my wizard, in act one hell, has 24k life. now, i'm using her as a tank (lightning armor and spectral blade ftw), but 17k life for any character in inferno seems lowish

I'm farming act I inferno currently with my Barbarian, who has about 9k life. It's all about armor and resistances.

I tend to play like a homicidal maniac. Usually my only way of healing myself is to turn on Shadow thingy, tumble into the middle of as many enemies as possible, use fan of knives, then tumble out again.

Giftd, I've never had more than 100k at any given time because I keep spending it - for 50k or less you can get things like 900dps weapons; and since I'm now upgrading to Hell/Inferno life, it's been useful to get armour pieces like +75 dex +75 all res. I should save up now, though, and try to get the really good stuff. Just wish drops were more exciting.

Giftd, I've never had more than 100k at any given time because I keep spending it - for 50k or less you can get things like 900dps weapons; and since I'm now upgrading to Hell/Inferno life, it's been useful to get armour pieces like +75 dex +75 all res. I should save up now, though, and try to get the really good stuff. Just wish drops were more exciting.

Hmm, I set the search criteria to: 1-H, all weapons, Dexterity, MF, (one other choice), gold threshold 100k, and so far I havent seen anything above 750-ish DPS. Maybe Im being too specific in my searches.

Finally cracked 10k DPS in Hell. Still finding the amount of fun I'm having decreasing, just need to get to 60 and Inferno then I think I'll have done the job.

Good job kirottu!

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm, I set the search criteria to: 1-H, all weapons, Dexterity, MF, (one other choice), gold threshold 100k, and so far I havent seen anything above 750-ish DPS. Maybe Im being too specific in my searches.

Yeah, I personally haven't seen anything over 570dps for 100K, either. At least, not in Rares or Legendaries. I see blues a lot, but I need/want life on hit on my weapon and .... that's hard to get. I got lucky with my current Fist and it's close to 100dex, 200+VIT, and 403 life on hit at around 540 (green gem in it) for 60K. Seen nothing even close to it since, with enough higher dps to be worth giving that up.

Even when I don't set a buyout, all those 10million weapons don't seem a lot better for what I want.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dex & MF & x is way too specific; I'd start with one qualifier (e.g. Dex + 50) and go from there. You also need to think about 'naturally occuring combinations'. e.g. it makes sense to search for rings with +Dex and +MF, or +Dex and +AS, because those two occur 'naturally' as blue items - one is a prefix, another a suffix. But if you search for Dex + MF + Vit, or Fire Res + All Res (i think), then it will only show you rares or legendaries, because such combinations may not happen in magical ringsx.

But yes, it's easy to be ripped off.

Well, I'm in the Oasis/inferno and just about every single yellow Elite can kill me at least 5-6 times before I can get them all. A couple I couldn't kill at all, frankly, like Vortex/Desecration/Fast. Health is gone too fast compared to skills being greyed out vs. timers. I can keep farming the AH for more life on hit (a few hundred more might make some difference) but that's a stat that's pretty hard to get a lot of without spending millions. I'd have to farm the AH for days nonstop hitting the refresh button and that's boring. I can also just keep running and get past stuff, but that's also....kinda boring. I can farm earlier in Act2 but...sigh. What a drudgery.

I also found a blacksmith plan for a Fist, but it turns out to be like this:

Diablo3-000121.jpg

Even if the patch lowered costs by 75%, that's a silly amount of gold, not to mention the materials, considering the randomness....plus it's unlikely it'd result in a Fist with high enough dps to be worthwhile?

I think I'm about done with this game. :p

If I was to rate this game on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it maybe....a four. Largely because of the cheap/lazy difficulty, item stats and drop rates (boring items), the silly Artisans that don't make up for those drop rates, etc. For a game where the fun/replay is primarily supposed to be, imo, in the hunt for ever better loot, D3 fails miserably. I used to spend hours, even days, hunting for that good ring of Zodiac in Diablo1, because it felt worth the time to do so. There's nothing like that in D3, as far as I'm concerned.

Still, I like the Monk class a lot. I'm sure most have a class they really like to play. It's just the game that surrounds them isn't very good. It can still be a very addictive game, for a while...but eventually the irritation starts to take over.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I agree - I think the combat and other features are as good as or nearly as good as Diablo 2, and the lack of randomisedl evels for example isn't a huge deal; but what really kills is this loot system. I mean, Diablo 2 was all about loot. And you screw up the loot system. :/

If you quit, LadyCrimson...can I get your stuff ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you quit, LadyCrimson...can I get your stuff ? :p

:lol: If I quit to the point I'm going to delete characters, sure. But I'll probably hang on to them long enough wait and see what at least the 1st expansion may entail.

I'm just so tired of the cheap elite mobs like this one:

Diablo3-000124.jpg

I tried to get close enough to see what attributes they had, they saw me, Vortexed me in, hit me 2-3 times and I was dead before I could readjust my mouse cursor or hit a skill hotkey. Life on hit/life steal etc. works great....when you have a chance to hit something. :lol: ... sigh. Even some of the tougher "normal" mobs can give me headaches now and then, at this point. I've tried all kinds of things, from 800dps Fist w/life steal (giving up dex and a ton of life etc)...but 3000 more dps or 10K more life just is no defense against cheap stuff like that.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Went back to Act1. Someone dropped this:

Diablo3-000126.jpg

Which is enough of an improvement to at least wear while farming. Spirit regen can mostly live without, but I lose a lot of resist, maybe I can make it up somewhere else. The other issue is that it looks dorky:

Diablo3-000127.jpg

....and I can't dye it or "vanish" it. :(

But at least (with skills/buffs) it makes my average dps about 18K. Which made me feel like a badass in Act1, so I went back to Act2/Oasis. First Elite I see....poof, I'm dead pretty quick. :lol: Not unexpected, mind you.

Time to watch some TV. :)

Which is enough of an improvement to at least wear while farming. Spirit regen can mostly live without, but I lose a lot of resist, maybe I can make it up somewhere else. The other issue is that it looks dorky:

It looks far better on my Barbarian. Thankfully mine has a Strength bonus over the Dex one.

But yeah, it's kinda boring you can't dye legendaries... makes you look like a clown eventually.

It looks far better on my Barbarian. Thankfully mine has a Strength bonus over the Dex one.

But yeah, it's kinda boring you can't dye legendaries... makes you look like a clown eventually.

That's funny, I've dyed my armor specifically to look like a clown.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"